Excessive overtime Driver Shortage

HavenoEDD

Sups been begging drivers to take overs all year. Just enough volume for current drivers but last month they brought in 4-5 casuals plus sups doing 30 days on road to become FT, they have been taking work from regular guys.
22.4s taking overs…and they will cry when they are broke after peak when layoffs come.

FozziesDeliveries

My center started saturday ground over a year ago. The most 22.4s we have had at once is 2 i think, no where near how many we should have. Every week there are forced 6 punches and people going over 9.5 left and right.

PACNW

I’m a driver out of the Pittsburgh area Pennsylvania I just wanted to ask other drivers and other locals in Hubs is there such a driver shortage in all hubs?. We are forced with incredible excessive overtime every driver available is working. Are other centers having this driver shortage problem also, or is this specific just to ours? I also wanted to know is management hands tied on hiring new drivers? Or is this just specific to our hub? I have 37 years of service with this company I am working 12 to 14 hour days five days a week it’s not even peak yet believe me we’ve been filing excessive overtime grievances in abundance and they are all getting paid out I do not understand I’ve been there 37 years and there’s never been this problem. Please let me know if this is happening in all hubs thank you. This has been going on for practically the last two years.
This was a two year fight in my building from 2019-2021. We had a lot of quick growth and staffing to keep up was ignored. We were running 20 cars and drivers short of their own metrics. 60 hours mandatory for every driver every week and several weeks it was extended to 70hr weeks. They just paid out every 9.5 grievance and did nothing. We pleaded and pleaded for relief. Company kept telling the union they were working on it and that satisfied the union. It finally took a near violent mutiny against our business agent to light a fire under his ass. We decided as a group that we would all direct our rage toward our local until they decided to represent us. Still took a year and a half to get caught up in hiring and training, and still haven't reached the full time driver threshold that was agreed upon. Still have 3 spots to fill after peak to be fully staffed.

Good luck with your fight.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I thought 22.4s would reduce unwanted OT?

Until you money hungry rabbits stop volunteering and working preload they have no reason to hire..

SMH STOP HELPING THEM OUT MAKE THEM HIRE
🧔‍♂️✊