Expired Inspection on-topic

clean hairy

Certainly somebody walking by or one of the drivers who parks next to or near this truck has enough brain cells to notice the expired sticker and pass it on.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Certainly somebody walking by or one of the drivers who parks next to or near this truck has enough brain cells to notice the expired sticker and pass it on.

Are you kidding? With the requirement to sign off the DVIR removed most of the guys don't pay attention to anything other than the fuel gauge.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm not the the type to play games. I don't do that crapolla. The problem is, I noticed it on the way out. I had already walked by the mechanics and already noticed no one was there. I couldn't just turn around and say "hey man, this thing is out of inspection." I'm just simply asking what should I do Monday morning? What would you do? I'm thinking I'm going to walk in and let my sup (who fought hard to keep me in The Center) know that the thing is out of inspection. There's going to a steadfast "oh :censored2:"...Monday is going to be interesting to say the least.
No I wasn't going to wait until the PCM was over and then play the games. Not my job. I'm not like that.
Bang in let somebody else deal with it:devil2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Give me the quick version of how that works, please. Does the DIAD ask you at the end of the day if the car's OK?

There is a short, 3 question checklist that you must complete both in the morning and afternoon. The morning version asks if you checked the DVIR for any write-ups and the evening asks if the pkg car needs to be serviced.

The morning is normally Y, Y and Y while the evening is normally Y, N and N.

I still sign my DVIR off every day.

over9five

Staff member
There is a short, 3 question checklist that you must complete both in the morning and afternoon. The morning version asks if you checked the DVIR for any write-ups and the evening asks if the pkg car needs to be serviced.

The morning is normally Y, Y and Y while the evening is normally Y, N and N.

I still sign my DVIR off every day.
Thanks!

trickpony1

There was supposed to be a CCR function on the feeder IVIS.

It never happened....probably because the company didn't want to hire two more trailer mechanics.