Expired Inspection Stickers on Package Cars----On Topic

Would you take a package car on road with an expired inspection sticker?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Would you guys drive with tires like these? View attachment 103895

Didn't notice it til I got back to the building

Hopefully you wrote it up

This reminds me of one of my more fun days. I noticed at night when I got back that the tire was worn to the point that the steel belt was visible. Wrote it up but mechanic just wrote parts on order ok to run.

Well I refused to take it out the next morning until the tire was changed. center manager was pissed. I mean do you even know this is a DOT issue. I said it's a common sense issue I'm not leaving with those tires on the truck.

Last edited:
This reminds me of on of my more fun days. I noticed at night when I got back that the tire was worn to the point that the steel belt was visible. Wrote it up but mechanic just wrote parts on order ok to run.

Well I refused to take it out the next morning until the tire was changed. center manager was :censored2:. I mean do you even know this is a DOT issue. I said it's a common sense issue I'm not leaving with those tires on the truck.
Safety first

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_0052.JPG
This reminds me of on of my more fun days. I noticed at night when I got back that the tire was worn to the point that the steel belt was visible. Wrote it up but mechanic just wrote parts on order ok to run.

Well I refused to take it out the next morning until the tire was changed. center manager was :censored2:. I mean do you even know this is a DOT issue. I said it's a common sense issue I'm not leaving with those tires on the truck.

Blew this out going 65 mph down the highway
It was an exciting few seconds trying to get it shut down

Gear

Parts on Order
This reminds me of one of my more fun days. I noticed at night when I got back that the tire was worn to the point that the steel belt was visible. Wrote it up but mechanic just wrote parts on order ok to run.

Parts on order. Lol Thats terrible. I like being union but sometimes I wish they could get rid of the wastes of space.

rod

Retired 22 years
View attachment 111078

Blew this out going 65 mph down the highway
It was an exciting few seconds trying to get it shut down

That's almost as bad as the one I was instructed to drive on by management after it went flat about 15 miles from the center (old P-400). They said to drive it back to the center so who am I to argue. Mechanic was PO'ed. If I remember right it ruined the rim also.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Parts on order. Lol Thats terrible. I like being union but sometimes I wish they could get rid of the wastes of space.
It was a coverage mechanic. The morning mechanic was not happy. He's like this is bull:censored2:. They obviously didn't even look at your tires.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That's almost as bad as the one I was instructed to drive on by management after it went flat about 15 miles from the center (old P-400). They said to drive it back to the center so who am I to argue. Mechanic was PO'ed. If I remember right it ruined the rim also.
That was a brand new recap

Gear

Parts on Order
It was a coverage mechanic. The morning mechanic was not happy. He's like this is bull:censored2:. They obviously didn't even look at your tires.

That explains it. Sometimes we cover other centers. I hate going and getting the, brakes grinding, write ups. Or any large wearable items. Like the original mech didn't know before he went on vacation his brakes or tires were 1/32nds. Especially when you see a newer state inspection or PMI sticker.