Express packages to ground

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So you're saying that a courier who isn't privy to what's being discussed by upper management has to get every detail right in order to be right. Otherwise he's completely wrong.
I don't know, when someone is so incredibly off the mark about the scope, the scale, the degree, and the timing... kind of easy to realize that he's making it up.

The gist of what he was saying appears to be playing out. Express sharing buildings with Ground. Ground delivering Express freight. It took them a long time to get to this point and will likely take a good deal longer to get to where they want to be to increase profits. Definitely looks to be a different job from what we knew 20 years ago. My beef is if they were going to completely change everything over time why not at least let those of us who were under the traditional pension get our full pension? They didn't have to screw us but they did anyways. Now cue your defense of the company.
Because it would be stupid to do what you say they should have done. That isn't a defense of the company, it's an acknowledgement of math.

vantexan

I don't know, when someone is so incredibly off the mark about the scope, the scale, the degree, and the timing... kind of easy to realize that he's making it up.

Because it would be stupid to do what you say they should have done. That isn't a defense of the company, it's an acknowledgement of math.
It's real people's future on the line. No skin off your back.

Empty Pockets

I wasn't there 20 years ago but knew John. Good guy.
Yes, I worked many hours with him and he was always the most respectable, hard working, and kind gentleman that ever worked with. He is still a great and honorable man 23 years after working with him for over 5 years.

Serf

Our Senior told us today that big changes are coming to Express. The whole “Express will only deliver FO, P1, SOS” thing again. Drop box times being pushed up, likely attrition rates, etc.

bacha29

Nobody saw this coming???
Good investigative work FM. People all laughed when I talked about how things are done in my rural area. People simply have a list and with an Ollie's, DG, Big Lots, Family Dollar, WM. Lowes, Dollar Tree, TSC and the big one Rural King within a radius of a mile of one another, they get what they need in one fell swoop.

As we see now Express has become too damn expensive to operate and naturally the days of free shipping appear to be coming to a close as well. And one should not be surprised. Nice run...for as long as it lasted.

Gone fishin

Good investigative work FM. People all laughed when I talked about how things are done in my rural area. People simply have a list and with an Ollie's, DG, Big Lots, Family Dollar, WM. Lowes, Dollar Tree, TSC and the big one Rural King within a radius of a mile of one another, they get what they need in one fell swoop.

As we see now Express has become too damn expensive to operate and naturally the days of free shipping appear to be coming to a close as well. And one should not be surprised. Nice run...for as long as it lasted.
Free shipping was a scam , it’s always been added to the product

zeev

Walmart,Target, Best Buy, looking to go online you order than do a drive through at the store. Saw a post on Reddit asking about what it was like being a Ground contractor, the responses were brutal.