Express packages to ground

zeev

contractors will have leverage over FedEx they will have no choice but to make it profitable, the only thing that will change is the final mile. Walmart will begin a similar delivery system real soon.

Gone fishin

contractors will have leverage over FedEx they will have no choice but to make it profitable, the only thing that will change is the final mile. Walmart will begin a similar delivery system real soon.
Thank you , now you kind of understand. Why would any company give a failing part of the company that has run its course any leverage.
Margins have shrunk and the ground reputation is a stain on the brand. They’ll sell Fedx before turning it over to contractors.

Godzilla55

So I keep hearing all this talk of Express freight going to Ground. If so, are minimums still going to paid? I’d love to work 10 hours a week and get paid for 35. Have not heard this subject brought up. Thoughts or insight on minimum pay? 🤔

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
So I keep hearing all this talk of Express freight going to Ground. If so, are minimums still going to paid? I’d love to work 10 hours a week and get paid for 35. Have not heard this subject brought up. Thoughts or insight on minimum pay? 🤔
Does your contract stipulate that you will be paid minimum hours, or is it simply a FedEx policy that can be changed at the whim of the company?

Fedexcellent

It's not all the freight moving to ground. Not even close. It's in the areas that make sense.... Rural, etc. Express isn't going away and it isn't even turning into a part-time only operation. Hiring may cease, but they'll be able to use natural attrition to match the loss in volume.

Fedexcellent

Does your contract stipulate that you will be paid minimum hours, or is it simply a FedEx policy that can be changed at the whim of the company?
Serious question.... Why exactly are you still around here? Do you enjoy spreading doom and gloom about your opinion on the future of Express?

It will be fine

Why would express eat the guarantee costs? It wouldn’t be express no longer, just FedEx, or am I missing something?
Yes, you’re missing that the freight is still Express freight. Express sells the service and any guarantee that comes with that service. How they get it delivered and meet that guarantee is up to them.

You guys have all seen outside cartage agents delivering your freight, do you think those companies are money back guaranteeing anything?

MAKAVELI

Yes, you’re missing that the freight is still Express freight. Express sells the service and any guarantee that comes with that service. How they get it delivered and meet that guarantee is up to them.

You guys have all seen outside cartage agents delivering your freight, do you think those companies are money back guaranteeing anything?
They are truly independent contractors. You are not. The only way to insure that you and your drivers make service on premium services is to penalize $ you when you don't.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Serious question.... Why exactly are you still around here? Do you enjoy spreading doom and gloom about your opinion on the future of Express?
In order to provide a clear-eyed view instead of the company pablum.

When you’ve experienced the company lies, you don’t try to sell the crap they offer.

Even if you have moved into management.

yadig

[/QUO

Using cartage agent and merging into a business with them are two different things.

It will be fine

They are truly independent contractors. You are not. The only way to insure that you and your drivers make service on premium services is to penalize $ you when you don't.
Do you even understand how nonsensical this argument is? You claim we aren’t independent, so that would make us employees. What’s the monetary penalty for you employees when you don’t make service?

bbsam

Staff member
Those cartage companies make a serious premium. Pay that to me and we can have the discussion about monetary penalties.

MAKAVELI

Do you even understand how nonsensical this argument is? You claim we aren’t independent, so that would make us employees. What’s the monetary penalty for you employees when you don’t make service?
I didn't say you were an employee. You just aren't independent. FedEx makes the rules and you either accept them or walk away. Now you think that they'll give you premium services to del whenever you feel like it and FedEx will pony up the MBG for your service failures? That's nonsensical.

MAKAVELI

Those cartage companies make a serious premium. Pay that to me and we can have the discussion about monetary penalties.
They pay that premium when they have no choice. What would the pont be giving you such a high premium when Express already does it?

It will be fine

I didn't say you were an employee. You just aren't independent. FedEx makes the rules and you either accept them or walk away. Now you think that they'll give you premium services to del whenever you feel like it and FedEx will pony up the MBG for your service failures? That's nonsensical.
Their rules will be to meet time commits. You know we have scheduled stops already, right? Do you think contractors are paying fines for any of those stops? Sometimes I think you are trying to find the worst arguments you can think of because you know you’re wrong.

MAKAVELI

Their rules will be to meet time commits. You know we have scheduled stops already, right? Do you think contractors are paying fines for any of those stops? Sometimes I think you are trying to find the worst arguments you can think of because you know you’re wrong.
The difference is in rates and customer retention. They aren't going to eat the costs of premium services and sending those pissed of customers to UPS because Joe Blow Inc. didn't feel like delivering by the commit times. If you believe that then you must be smokin some good 💩.