Express packages to ground

bacha29

Instead of reciting sensationalized headlines to one another why not simply go with what is known.

DOE has put out bids for replacement oil for the SPR at $72. That will in turn create a floor under oil for the the time being.

The EU has put a $60 price cap on all Russian oil but Putin says he won't sell it for that.

With the pipelines shut off the only way out of Russian is by tanker. However to get tanker oil out of major Russian loading depot it has to go through the Turkish Straits.

To get ok to go through the Turkish Straits Turkey requires all tankers to be insured for things like spills and other unpleasant possibilities.

Now here's where it gets interesting. Chinese and Russian flagged tankers are in such bad shape that nobody is willing to insure them. The only ones that can get insured are Western flagged tankers due to the much higher safety and sea worthiness standards.

Therefore if Vlad wants to sell his oil and the only way out is in Western flagged tankers then he has to accept the 60 buck price.

Oil is indeed a global commodity that is heavily impacted by global politics and other forces that heavily impacts it.

It will be fine

Instead of reciting sensationalized headlines to one another why not simply go with what is known.

DOE has put out bids for replacement oil for the SPR at $72. That will in turn create a floor under oil for the the time being.

The EU has put a $60 price cap on all Russian oil but Putin says he won't sell it for that.

With the pipelines shut off the only way out of Russian is by tanker. However to get tanker oil out of major Russian loading depot it has to go through the Turkish Straits.

To get ok to go through the Turkish Straits Turkey requires all tankers to be insured for things like spills and other unpleasant possibilities.

Now here's where it gets interesting. Chinese and Russian flagged tankers are in such bad shape that nobody is willing to insure them. The only ones that can get insured are Western flagged tankers due to the much higher safety and sea worthiness standards.

Therefore if Vlad wants to sell his oil and the only way out is in Western flagged tankers then he has to accept the 60 buck price.

Oil is indeed a global commodity that is heavily impacted by global politics and other forces that heavily impacts it.
You got off the banned list to post this?

fedx

Extra Large Package

You said Putin won't sell it for $60, so he won't be having Western tankers at his ports. He won't even be using his own tankers if they only want to buy it at $60 a barrel, they'll just sit in their docks. He does still have an oil pipeline to Europe, so he doesn't even need a tanker to haul it. It's going to come down to who blinks first. I'm guessing Europe will, because they will freeze to death without oil. Putin can sit back and wait it out. I mean if they are only willing to buy it at $60, he can say no. Who will be hurt worse? People freezing or Putin just sitting back and waiting? Putin has the leverage.

bacha29

You said Putin won't sell it for $60, so he won't be having Western tankers at his ports. He won't even be using his own tankers if they only want to buy it at $60 a barrel, they'll just sit in their docks. He does still have an oil pipeline to Europe, so he doesn't even need a tanker to haul it. It's going to come down to who blinks first. I'm guessing Europe will, because they will freeze to death without oil. Putin can sit back and wait it out. I mean if they are only willing to buy it at $60, he can say no. Who will be hurt worse? People freezing or Putin just sitting back and waiting? Putin has the leverage.
If you recall back in September saboteurs blew up both NS1 and NS2 None of those lines are being used. Reports out a couple of weeks ago state that EU LNG storage facilities were at 93% of max capacity while 60 LNG tankers were waiting to offload. EU says it has enough gas to meets it's needs this winter as we see natural gas prices settling back down. The EU does recognize the need to upgrade it's offloading facilities while EE has a mobile regasification unit operating .

Keep in mind , oil and natural gas sales accounts for 21% of the entire Russian GDP, not to mention the loss of his fertilizer and grain markets.

vantexan

The oil out of Siberia has to keep moving through the pipelines or it will gel. That'll cause water to separate from it and in those temps that water will freeze hard. Frozen water expands and that will burst those pipes. We aren't talking about about a few leaks here and there. British Petroleum(BP) was maintaining those systems for the Russians but they all left at the start of the war. The Russians don't have the expertise to run, maintain, or repair those systems. If this scenario plays out it could be more than a decade before Russian production resumes at current levels. Essentially taking 4 million barrels a day off the world market. With much higher prices for everyone. $10 a gallon in the U.S. feasible. All the more reason why the U.S. needs to reopen Federal land to exploration and drilling.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
He pretty much nailed it that Express was going to hand off freight to Ground. Seem to recall you ridiculing the idea.
You're being vague. He said all freight to Ground except overnight and Express goes to all PT. There were a few other specific details as well. Was supposed to be announced at the Sept 2012 earnings release. Nothing of that nature was mentioned and nothing was said for years and years. Then in Feb of 2020, LMO was announced. LMO was a shell of what MF predicted and still hasn't really made that much of a difference on the Express side.

Now there's Network 2.0, which still isn't what he predicted.

vantexan

He said all freight to Ground except overnight and Express goes to all PT. There were a few other specific details as well. Was supposed to be announced at the Sept 2012 earnings release. Nothing of that nature was mentioned and nothing was said for years and years. Then in Feb of 2020, LMO was announced. LMO was a shell of what MF predicted and still hasn't really made that much of a difference on the Express side.

So you're saying that a courier who isn't privy to what's being discussed by upper management has to get every detail right in order to be right. Otherwise he's completely wrong. The gist of what he was saying appears to be playing out. Express sharing buildings with Ground. Ground delivering Express freight. It took them a long time to get to this point and will likely take a good deal longer to get to where they want to be to increase profits. Definitely looks to be a different job from what we knew 20 years ago. My beef is if they were going to completely change everything over time why not at least let those of us who were under the traditional pension get our full pension? They didn't have to screw us but they did anyways. Now cue your defense of the company.

yadig

You're being vague. He said all freight to Ground except overnight and Express goes to all PT. There were a few other specific details as well. Was supposed to be announced at the Sept 2012 earnings release. Nothing of that nature was mentioned and nothing was said for years and years. Then in Feb of 2020, LMO was announced. LMO was a shell of what MF predicted and still hasn't really made that much of a difference on the Express side.

Well at least he had a prediction! What’s your prediction?

Empty Pockets

Rumors:
Many Hubites at MEMH have been getting over 60 hours per week and also getting an additional $3.50 per hour. I was told by a full time Ramp Agent this week that they are no longer allowed to work over 40 hours. I am sure it will be down to 35 hours by end of the month. The incentive pay will probably be gone as well. They are offered paid not worked hours for showing up on bad weather days and probably today as well. Last Sup Bowl Sunday, the T lot(where CTVs are loaded) all walked out early to go home and watch the Sup Bowl. All the FedEx truck routes bobtailed back to stations without freight...even LITA which is just a little over two hours away.

This week, I was told three crazy rumors, one of which was from a very reliable guy.

Rumor 1. The OLVRT drivers are having a meeting soon to discuss a route re-bid. Currently, they have a detailed pull sheet where they make the same pulls every day. The re-bid will be for shifts without pull sheets and the DTC will dispatch all routes to the drivers on hand. This sounds like a stinking mess.

Rumor 2. Someone from NQAA has been stating that they were told either "Lay offs were coming," or "to expect lay offs soon. The guy who told this is a well respected dude.

Rumor 3. Another weird and unthinkable rumor it that the IND and EWR hubs were going to close and pass the freight back to MEMH.

Has anyone else of this or of similar situations at their locations?

Empty Pockets

So you're saying that a courier who isn't privy to what's being discussed by upper management has to get every detail right in order to be right. Otherwise he's completely wrong. The gist of what he was saying appears to be playing out. Express sharing buildings with Ground. Ground delivering Express freight. It took them a long time to get to this point and will likely take a good deal longer to get to where they want to be to increase profits. Definitely looks to be a different job from what we knew 20 years ago. My beef is if they were going to completely change everything over time why not at least let those of us who were under the traditional pension get our full pension? They didn't have to screw us but they did anyways. Now cue your defense of the company.
They have never cared about us. The new MKLA station folks heard about a new building in Humbolt, Tn and asked their manager about it. The manager made some calls to Memphis. The courier went back by the new building to get a pic of it and there was a tarp over the sign that read FedEx Express and Ground. That is some deceitful crap at many levels.

I remember running across you on here a few years ago. I used to work down there. Twenty years ago, was your truck driver's name John Crenshaw? Is there still any Bartuskas working down there?

vantexan

They have never cared about us. The new MKLA station folks heard about a new building in Humbolt, Tn and asked their manager about it. The manager made some calls to Memphis. The courier went back by the new building to get a pic of it and there was a tarp over the sign that read FedEx Express and Ground. That is some deceitful crap at many levels.

I remember running across you on here a few years ago. I used to work down there. Twenty years ago, was your truck driver's name John Crenshaw? Is there still any Bartuskas working down there?
Work where, Texas? I've been retired since 2017. Worked all over.

Bald1der

Rumors:
Many Hubites at MEMH have been getting over 60 hours per week and also getting an additional $3.50 per hour. I was told by a full time Ramp Agent this week that they are no longer allowed to work over 40 hours. I am sure it will be down to 35 hours by end of the month. The incentive pay will probably be gone as well. They are offered paid not worked hours for showing up on bad weather days and probably today as well. Last Sup Bowl Sunday, the T lot(where CTVs are loaded) all walked out early to go home and watch the Sup Bowl. All the FedEx truck routes bobtailed back to stations without freight...even LITA which is just a little over two hours away.

This week, I was told three crazy rumors, one of which was from a very reliable guy.

Rumor 1. The OLVRT drivers are having a meeting soon to discuss a route re-bid. Currently, they have a detailed pull sheet where they make the same pulls every day. The re-bid will be for shifts without pull sheets and the DTC will dispatch all routes to the drivers on hand. This sounds like a stinking mess.

Rumor 2. Someone from NQAA has been stating that they were told either "Lay offs were coming," or "to expect lay offs soon. The guy who told this is a well respected dude.

Rumor 3. Another weird and unthinkable rumor it that the IND and EWR hubs were going to close and pass the freight back to MEMH.

Has anyone else of this or of similar situations at their locations?
My station is serviced by EWR and PHL, with MDT and ABE as backup. Our average leave building time is probably 9:15, but planned is 8:55. With response ending we will get an extra Indy flight in the AM, and possibly an extra trailer if they can’t sort it fast enough. I can’t imagine sending freight back to Memphis if Memphis and Indy are cutting hours.

Locally we are adding day routes and night routes to absorb the extra AM volume, and retain the handful of full time response workers we actually managed to bring on.

Ultimately, it’s just one of those things, we will have 10% of the staff that will be very vocal that they can’t get 12 hours anymore, and will have to go home to their kids and wives they never met, but the other 90% of the staff will be elated to actually work 7:30 to 4:00.