Express packages to ground

SFFX

Lots of the packages that i have been picking up tonight are being labled to ground. Even some P1.....is ground going to do multi cycles now?

zeev

It’s Halloween time to inflict terror and destruction on soon to be former FedEx employees from the great pumpkin head Fast Freddy.

Express labels will usually have 98 or 99 in their coding that represent locally shipped P1 that doesn't need to go on a plane. These will get Ground labels and most Ground equipment is getting updated to highlight these time sensitive packages. Guess how that's going to work out.

HedleyLamarr

Express labels will usually have 98 or 99 in their coding that represent locally shipped P1 that doesn't need to go on a plane. These will get Ground labels and most Ground equipment is getting updated to highlight these time sensitive packages. Guess how that's going to work out.
It won't work out well...for the costumer. And since when has this company actually cared about it's costumers?

SFFX

Management said it was an engineering issue that all manual AB were routed to ground stations. This morning im getting them back here at express. How would ground make FO service? :censored2: ground is more short handed than we are in my area and we were 28 short when they tried to start estar.

Star B

White Lightening
Management said it was an engineering issue that all manual AB were routed to ground stations.
They should have said, anything that's not automation. We had billable stamps come to us -- completely missorted because some overpaid engineer thought it was a good idea to make a ground location the same three letters as our airport.

Needless to say, when MEMH saw "XYZYG" they just threw it in the container to XYZ, not looking at the ASTRA to see that it was supposed to go to AFW.

Bald1der

Between the 2 sorts we probably got 100 of them. P1s and SOs for stations all over the metro area, not just our station.

Bald1der

As I’ve learned over the past decade with this company, nothing makes sense. Our managers at Express are either on the road doing deliveries, or in interviews hiring everyone that comes through the door. Across town at the Ground station, contractor drivers are being sent home and voicing worry about layoffs. We’re giving them freight, when meanwhile we have 10 more couriers than trucks, with more starting every day. Nothing adds up.

yadig

It’s just a matter of time before we no longer call the opcos ground or express. We will soon be called FedEx and if you’re not a contractor then you my friend will be working for jimmy’s logistics.

SFFX

It’s just a matter of time before we no longer call the opcos ground or express. We will soon be called FedEx and if you’re not a contractor then you my friend will be working for jimmy’s logistics.
That might be true, but if Fedex thinks they can run a UPS operation at half the pay to the sub contract drivers... Massive failure is coming. I see the writing on the wall here at express, im working my way out before peak. 15 years in makes it hard to start over, but time to jump ship.

Serf

Does that mean I can just do P1 and go home? Or does it mean I’m doing 180 stops for peasant wages?

bacha29

Does that mean I can just do P1 and go home? Or does it mean I’m doing 180 stops for peasant wages?
That's exactly what you're going to be doing and out there to 8PM if not later.
Now you'll be out there in a Fedex branded uniform....in a Fedex branded truck....delivering Fedex branded freight for half the wages and in most cases zero benefits.

So it would appear that many of you will see first hand the emerging realization that Ground contractors are in fact a barrier to the wages and benefits that Express drivers have achieved or are on their way to them.

Now rather than to ease the tensions by getting Ground driver wages up to Express level they're taking them down to contractor driver level. And in the aftermath it doesn't have to be a good delivery network because given the exceptional operating margins any old half assed thing's good enough.

And the amusing part of it all is hearing Ground contractors crying the blues about loaded trucks sitting in stations and nobody to drive them and about not making any money. If they think anybody's going to care about their problems.....they've been seriously misled .

McFeely

Huge Member
I still can’t tell if we’re losing stuff to Ground or if we’re getting it back at my station. We’re still short-staffed (but getting better slowly) and most of us are doing 45-50 hours a week. Also getting mandated to work our days off about 2x a month.

Also not sure how well Ground is doing in my area. I don’t run into them too often.