Express pickups

CatMan

I did all the time. friend them guys.
I see guys doing some bad things, which is risky during this Era of GPS. I always behave myself, and try to mind my own business. That's why I'm still here after all this time! ( Plus I wouldn't want to disappoint Fred.Lol! )

DeliveryException

During this pandemic we are told only 30mins is required until further notice, no need for the full hour. I love it. I hate trying to shoehorn a full hour in and still make SO and not backtrack too much.

MassWineGuy

Gps is a real concern. I’ve not been spotted yet. The alternative is that I get to the drop box early and tell dispatch that I’m there waiting until close time.

CatMan

20 min increments but still gotta take a total of 30 or 60 depending on your station and shift.
That's trippy cause, back in the day that was ok. Oh yeah , laws like that are different from state to state. Also you need to work a minimum of 60 min after finishing your lunch.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That's trippy cause, back in the day that was ok. Oh yeah , laws like that are different from state to state. Also you need to work a minimum of 60 min after finishing your lunch.
What’s the punishment for a break violation?

Nothing, because they ask you to take breaks in the first hour due to late freight. Policy is policy.

CatMan

Yes, you will get an OLCC. I knew a guy who was canned for repeated break violations. And there's several ways to get them. Again , it's that kind of avoidable stuff along with striking a fixed object and not reporting it. And you really can fight them so it's used as leverage to fire you if you keep screwing up.

Last edited:

Bingo

And don’t forget what some do, which is ask for a walk up. Unethical, maybe against regs. But if you pup something they can’t prove that no one handed you an outbound. And it reduces gap times. I never dream of using this tactic, btw. I just read about it in a book.

Have you ever been ordered to take a 20 minute break on road to falsify good gap times? It happened very often with our now retired senior manager. I took one once and ignored the rest because my route is genuinely busy. Same sm was heard by several couriers to once say “I’m not here to make friends, I’m here to make money.”
He must have been a Jim Cramer fan of Mad Money

Bingo

Yes. But you can leave the stop open and drive to another to save time. Then, close the box at whatever the close time is. I have a box in a small business park that had a 7 pm close. The place was deserted by 5:30. Then the close time was changed to 7:15. It’s very inefficient.
If you are not scaning the last package in front of the drop box at close time it is a fireable offense

Working4the1%

During this pandemic we are told only 30mins is required until further notice, no need for the full hour. I love it. I hate trying to shoehorn a full hour in and still make SO and not backtrack too much.
:groooansmileyf:Management still has us on a Hour break.....called to complain to them.....but by 11AM they had all had gone home

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Every scan you make has a GPS stamp on it. They have proximity reports and can track your every move with the VCR. CYA......
I've been out for over 5 years, looks like now you can't even scratch your ass without management knowing about it.

Complete control over you thanks to Fred.

MassWineGuy

I knew about gps. I think the number of times a route’s gps history is actually looked at is very low. Unless there’s some gap issue or a periodic review of everybody, a manager is not going to look at it on a regular basis. Too many other “important” tasks.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Was the 30 min break done earlier in the day, or was the 30 min break in the 1430-1500 timeframe?

Not defending mgmt or the courier, but if the courier sat for 30 min NOT on a 13-14 the manager is gonna want that courier to be doing something and not just sitting. That being said, I do it all the time. Just gotta manufacture something to do so your gap report isn't empty there.

I always sat. If the work isn't there, the work isn't there.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Most likely due to too many couriers falsifying scans at 10:29 when they're 2 miles away from a stop and customer complaints.

And a flurry of P1 DEX8 and DEX3 scans around 1020, and by 1045 all the DEX8s showed up and all the DEX3s were NRN and delivered.

There's also the pickup trick of picking up a 1700 close stop at 1550 under a stop that closes at 1600, and picking up the 1600 close stop at 1615 under the 1700 close stop.

CatMan

I've been out for over 5 years, looks like now you can't even scratch your ass without management knowing about it.

Complete control over you thanks to Fred.
And can you imagine what it will be like when they put cameras in the truck's? I think that certainly is inevitable.