Express pickups

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I intend on throwing my jacket over the camera.
We had a courier ‘forced’ into retirement who went to work for Lone Star (regional company). They had cameras in the cab, so he would unplug it daily.

He was ‘forced’ into unemployment shortly afterward.

Sometimes you can’t fix stupid.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We had a courier ‘forced’ into retirement who went to work for Lone Star (regional company). They had cameras in the cab, so he would unplug it daily.

Yes, you would be fully aware that it can't be repaired.

AB831

Cool story. FedEx isn't my career. The cameras probably won't be installed while I'm still with the company and if they are installed during my final weeks or months, do you really think I'm going to give af who I offend by where I hang my outerwear? So you can be condescending all you like, but I don't think I'm the "stupid" one here since all of my eggs aren't in one basket

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Cool story. FedEx isn't my career. The cameras probably won't be installed while I'm still with the company and if they are installed during my final weeks or months, do you really think I'm going to give af who I offend by where I hang my outerwear? So you can be condescending all you like, but I don't think I'm the "stupid" one here since all of my eggs aren't in one basket
Confucius say, if the shoe fits....

Working4the1%

And can you imagine what it will be like when they put cameras in the truck's? I think that certainly is inevitable.
So I speed and am distracted which causes me to crash into a family.......Their lawyer gets onboard camera playback.yikes..that sounds expensive for fedex

AB831

So I speed and am distracted which causes me to crash into a family.......Their lawyer gets onboard camera playback.yikes..that sounds expensive for fedex
Yup. Upper management is too myopic to see past their own noses and they're never contested on it due to the scores of lifers who defend their every move and personally attack anyone who questions it.

It will be fine

The point of the cameras is to fix driving behavior like that before you crash. That and provide evidence for your termination if your behavior doesn’t improve.

AB831

The point of the cameras is to fix driving behavior like that before you crash. That and provide evidence for your termination if your behavior doesn’t improve.
Right, but what the other guy was saying is that the lawyer isn't going to care about what the driver was doing. He'll use those as evidence to get a settlement out of the company.

It will be fine

Right, but what the other guy was saying is that the lawyer isn't going to care about what the driver was doing. He'll use those as evidence to get a settlement out of the company.
That’s a stupid argument. A company using more safety technology will not make settlements higher. It will prevent them from happening in the first place.

AB831

That’s a stupid argument. A company using more safety technology will not make settlements higher. It will prevent them from happening in the first place
That’s a stupid argument. A company using more safety technology will not make settlements higher. It will prevent them from happening in the first place.
so no more accidents then? That’s it? A camera will discourage things like texting but it’s still not going to be able to mitigate human error and things like exhaustion. And when accidents inevitably still happen, the lawyer will be there to cash. Not sure how that’s stupid

Working4the1%

Always have been surprised that Fedex always blame drivers even when not at fault and documents it...opens company to major liability issue by documenting and disciplining driver.Police says it a no fault accident..then Fedex says no it was our drivers fault...Subpoena..I testify in court that my manager disciplined me and put it in writing it was my fault..yikes

It will be fine

Always have been surprised that Fedex always blame drivers even when not at fault and documents it...opens company to major liability issue by documenting and disciplining driver.Police says it a no fault accident..then Fedex says no it was our drivers fault...Subpoena..I testify in court that my manager disciplined me and put it in writing it was my fault..yikes
Seriously, are you 16? Your lack of knowledge is astounding. You really think a trucking company would be less liable without a documented safety program?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

In court, your discipline doesn't mean squat. There is a determination made by a cop, and that's why they're going to go with.

McFeely

Huge Member

Preventable (FedEx) is not the same thing as at-fault (law).

Working4the1%

In court, your discipline doesn't mean squat. There is a determination made by a cop, and that's why they're going to go with.
Cop on stand says I couldn’t determine fault. I get on stand and inform jury my boss documented me that it’s my fault and here is his report as to why I was at fault. Hmmm. Jury now decides.... this is civil court we talking about.some times multimillion dollar settlements.

It will be fine

Cop on stand says I couldn’t determine fault. I get on stand and inform jury my boss documented me that it’s my fault and here is his report as to why I was at fault. Hmmm. Jury now decides.... this is civil court we talking about.some times multimillion dollar settlements.
And you guys claim Express drivers are intelligent.
You think it’d be a good idea to go to court and lay out why a commercial truck driving accident was your fault as the driver?