Express pickups

CatMan

And you guys claim Express drivers are intelligent.
You think it’d be a good idea to go to court and lay out why a commercial truck driving accident was your fault as the driver?
I'll be the first to say that intelligence is not a prerequisite for working at express ,neither is a good work ethic.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Cop on stand says I couldn’t determine fault. I get on stand and inform jury my boss documented me that it’s my fault and here is his report as to why I was at fault. Hmmm. Jury now decides.... this is civil court we talking about.some times multimillion dollar settlements.

And like I said, they're going with the cop's determination. On what planet does the opinion of an admin guy who has less insight than the cop carry more weight than that of the cop?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And you guys claim Express drivers are intelligent.
You think it’d be a good idea to go to court and lay out why a commercial truck driving accident was your fault as the driver?

I can only imagine how many times he'd shoot himself in the foot while thinking he's really putting the screws to someone else.

SmithBarney

I've had worse than that, dude. When I was part time, I worked every Saturday. My Saturday route was an hour from the station and right when I cleared one of the GOOD managers called me and said that someone was bringing one package of late freight down to me. I said couldn't she just deliver it and he said no because they have to control the amount of routes that are out or something...

I was once on the other end of this, told to take a single package for an Autozone 1.5hrs away and meet driver. Rte driver had to come from 35minutes away to meet me, guess where we met? The Parking lot at Autozone...

SmithBarney

During this pandemic we are told only 30mins is required until further notice, no need for the full hour. I love it. I hate trying to shoehorn a full hour in and still make SO and not backtrack too much.
hah!, they've been harping on full break compliance every day this week. I love how things are so different around the company. One manager tried saying 1hr over 8hr is the Law, until they were corrected. DOT only requires 30min

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
hah!, they've been harping on full break compliance every day this week. I love how things are so different around the company. One manager tried saying 1hr over 8hr is the Law, until they were corrected. DOT only requires 30min
Another manager that thinks they know the law. Weeeellllllllllllllll I'll be......