Express volume finally moving to Ground...

fatboy33

I'm just curious if everyone throughout the country is seeing the dramatic reduction in Express volume? It seems as though the volume they spoke about moving to Ground several years ago before the pandemic started is finally started to move to Ground. I suppose their grand plan of moving us into Ground facilities is starting to shape up in their eyes.
MR. FEDEX told us years ago, this was the plan all along. Others here said he didn't know what he was talking about but now we know better.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
MR. FEDEX told us years ago, this was the plan all along. Others here said he didn't know what he was talking about but now we know better.
Chester Gould (Dick Tracy) told us years ago that wrist radios were the plan all along.
download.jpg

Do you also believe that the Moon Maid lives on the Moon?

yadig

True. Fred S himself said years ago that his only regret was that he didn’t franchise Federal Express. This isn’t a new idea he concocted up overnight. The contractor model has been years in the making and now it’s taking root on the express side. It’s definitely about to get very interesting!

Gone fishin

True. Fred S himself said years ago that his only regret was that he didn’t franchise Federal Express. This isn’t a new idea he concocted up overnight. The contractor model has been years in the making and now it’s taking root on the express side. It’s definitely about to get very interesting!
He was definitely a visionary on the business , but he wasn’t on the generation of workers. My kids would never think about delivering boxes. These kids now are into technology and meaningful jobs.
Fred still thinks your lucky if you get a job at Fedx. That’s why his “brand “ has gone downhill the last few years. New hires are bottom of the barrel workers usually because he expects a champagne effort on beer wages.

Bald1der

At my station stop counts are down probably 15-20% on the day side Tuesday through Friday. But, UPS guys in our area are also light, as well as our former Ground guys saying that Ground is light as well. One of the Ground guys that overlaps my route has an empty truck at 1pm when I still have 45 50 stops left. Yes I do see 4z's around, but I think it has more to do with inflation concerns and e-commerce spending pulling back if all 3 carriers are saying they are light.

floridays

It may not. Fedex can decide what weighting to give to each issue on the SFA. For example, if they have ten issues, and 8 of them come up abysmally, they will just give the weighting of those 8 five percent each, and the other two 60 percent. Makes them look really good on paper. They use to post the weightings on each question but that transparency went away years ago. Marking sometimes agree/sometimes disagree really screws up the weighting BTW.
In then end,
"What is the use in lying to yourself if the truth is the goal?

floridays

He was definitely a visionary on the business , but he wasn’t on the generation of workers. My kids would never think about delivering boxes. These kids now are into technology and meaningful jobs.
Fred still thinks your lucky if you get a job at Fedx. That’s why his “brand “ has gone downhill the last few years. New hires are bottom of the barrel workers usually because he expects a champagne effort on beer wages.
A meaningful job is delivering the essential and discretionary needs of a population.

If you don't believe me, lets shut the whole "deliverin goods" bastard down.
You don't eat technology, you don't wear technology. Technology is a recent entrant into what is needed.

I'm amused when people assume their position is superior.

It's well past time to organize, there may be a small window left to do it.

Thesearecrazytimes

In then end,
"What is the use in lying to yourself if the truth is the goal?
I believe there are two goals of the SFA. The first is that Fedex can publicly state that as part of its "PSP" program they have a forum for its employees to give feedback to the company and that the company will use that feedback to make improvements. The second goal is to give the employees the impression that their grievances are heard and the consequences of those grievances actually matter. Truth was never the goal. It is all bovine scat.

Gone fishin

A meaningful job is delivering the essential and discretionary needs of a population.

If you don't believe me, lets shut the whole "deliverin goods" bastard down.
You don't eat technology, you don't wear technology. Technology is a recent entrant into what is needed.

I'm amused when people assume their position is superior.

It's well past time to organize, there may be a small window left to do it.
You obviously don’t understand this generation either. They hate manual labor. They’d rather live in moms basement than give a hard 60 hour week. I’ve been a courier for 33 years , I understand the importance of it. That’s not how these kids look at it.
The obvious example is people barely shop at stores anymore. They simply punch some buttons and it’s on their porch.
We had a Monday-Friday daytime route open for a month. Fred’s still living in the 80 ‘s

floridays

You obviously don’t understand this generation either. They hate manual labor. They’d rather live in moms basement than give a hard 60 hour week. I’ve been a courier for 33 years , I understand the importance of it. That’s not how these kids look at it.
The obvious example is people barely shop at stores anymore. They simply punch some buttons and it’s on their porch.
We had a Monday-Friday daytime route open for a month. Fred’s still living in the 80 ‘s
I stated claims, mentioned nothing about generations, how they think or how lazy they may or may not be.
The :poop: will get delivered, the terms and how are in question.
A smart workforce would push the argument now, I offered the same advice years ago. The opportunity is fleeting.

My time is over, I'm done, finished. Nothing for me to gain, get it?

btrlov

SFA is critically flawed in that its not anonymous and managers directly ask you to rate them perfectly- which puts social pressure and retliation fears on the employee.Perfect ratings distort the purpose the SFA and allows bad managers to hang on a little longer than they should

Fedex Will fail if it think it will dump all those packages on cheap labor to boast its margins. With less family units and children, there is less incentive for ppl to engage in calorie intensive jobs for low pay. Ppl are more educated and more conscious of employer abuse- thats no different for a ground driver. The American culture is moving in the "anti-work" direction and if u have no wife/husband and kids to come home to ...its only going to get worse. Ground would just be inundated in foriegn and low iq labor which will severly diminsh the service. Even those ppl will get tired of waves of online orders for low pay in an age of inflation.

With inflation, there comes a point where u just working to eat and live. If the job is not calorie efficient, it will feel like your in some form of indentured servitude. A biological Cog. Humans have much higher "needs" than working to live. This will be relfected in turnover in Jobs like fedex that simple refuse to pay workers meaningful wages in a expensive econony. Some ppl would rather go live in a Van by the river, but "van-life" will eventually be am economic problem as well

Nevertheless, I think THE Fedex Culture of "working u every second of the day" and squeeze every second of productivity will soon come to an end

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

I believe there are two goals of the SFA. The first is that Fedex can publicly state that as part of its "PSP" program they have a forum for its employees to give feedback to the company and that the company will use that feedback to make improvements. The second goal is to give the employees the impression that their grievances are heard and the consequences of those grievances actually matter. Truth was never the goal. It is all bovine scat.
There's a third goal and it's the most important one. It is used a guage of pro union support.

Star B

White Lightening
It is used a guage of pro union support.
and there's the rub. Like I said, earlier

I know it wont really change things/matter/be truthful, but I hope this years SFA shows it.
Get management scared that the workforce is getting pissed off about this :censored2: and is willing to get the union in will do one of three things, and I'm sure most of us here will know which one certain people will cling to:

1) start babysitting the :censored2: out of the current employees in an effort to keep the union out
2) hit the pedal to the metal and move :censored2: over ASAYesterday
3) all of the above.

There is still a ton of questions when it comes to the "contractor" model and how much control FXC/Amzn can do over the "contractors". The midterms will direct which path the company takes. If the government goes more blue, then there will be more concern about being labeled "misclassified as contractors" and that the companies have too much control over it.

Maybe I'm talking out of my ass? But that's my view on it.

Last edited:

yadig

We ain’t got much left to loose at this point. Hell at least we might make a little more money before management runs this company in the “ground”.

Questions Needed Answered

Any contractor that would shoulder the burden of making service on Express packages given all of the issues involved that are absolutely out of their hands deserves to fail. No one in their right mind would do so.