Express volume finally moving to Ground...

yadig

FedEx was a airline in 1971, it’s not in 2022. It’s that simple and when they fully join ground n express the courts will agree. It’s just a matter of time

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You're missing one important difference. UPS Air and Ground are combined where FedEx has separate OPCOs. Again why is Express pu these packages if they are Ground pkgs?
UPS Air and Ground are separate opcos. Air is UPS Co (RLA) and Ground is UPS Inc. (NLRB) TTKU.

59 Dano

I wouldn't be so quick to lol.

As you have stated numerous times, Federal Express Corp., (currentley FedEX) was incorporated as an airline.
Under the same set of facts I doubt the Court would be as lenient or forgiving for an "airline."
You're a little confused, punkin.

The current FedEX was not incorporated as an airline. It is a holding company that was formed in 1997.

59 Dano

Anyone with enough sense, that hasn't been lobbied, to understand what an airline is...
A hybrid business as fedex is easy to recognize.
Is "hybrid business" a legal term as far as this issue is concerned, or is it something you just created from whole cloth in order to justify the classification you seek?

59 Dano

FedEx was a airline in 1971, it’s not in 2022.
When did the world's fourth largest airline by fleet size and 2nd largest airline by number of destinations stop being an airline?

This discussion is like talking to the Bills Mafia who swear that this is a forward pass:

Attachments

• Lateral.gif
    Lateral.gif
    3.8 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

floridays

yo
You're a little confused, punkin.

The current FedEX was not incorporated as an airline. It is a holding company that was formed in 1997.
You are correct, Fedex Express is one of the operating companies and serves as the airline segment of the Corporation. FedEx Ground supplies the ground segment of the delivery service and increasingly is becoming an airline by servicing their brother airlines air ops.

Makes no sense right, that's exactly what happens when something is misclassified.

floridays

Is "hybrid business" a legal term as far as this issue is concerned, or is it something you just created from whole cloth in order to justify the classification you seek?
DGO, AGFS, someone at Federal Express was smart enough to see a difference.

Why no SIDA badge requirement for the airline employees that deliver the fruit (the reason for the existence of the airline) to businesses and residences?

Is a company vehicle and a FedEx badge not enough to get an airline employee on airport property?
Walk me through it, I'm dense.

vantexan

You must not be aware of Amazon basic products. They get the data on what sells well, copy the product and supply chain of that product and sell it at a lower cost.
Sorry, missed this post earlier. I wasn't aware but did look it up. It's similar to what Walgreen's and others do. Amazon doesn't make the products but rather buys them from large manufacturers and puts their own label and packaging on them. To my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong, Amazon isn't running a lot of businesses out of business as was mentioned.

It will be fine

Sorry, missed this post earlier. I wasn't aware but did look it up. It's similar to what Walgreen's and others do. Amazon doesn't make the products but rather buys them from large manufacturers and puts their own label and packaging on them. To my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong, Amazon isn't running a lot of businesses out of business as was mentioned.
You are wrong. Amazon has a long history of driving businesses out. Look up what they did to diapers.com. Amazon took hundreds of millions in losses to undercut the price of diapers to drive them out of business. Then when they won the fight Amazon jacked the prices back up.

vantexan

You are wrong. Amazon has a long history of driving businesses out. Look up what they did to diapers.com. Amazon took hundreds of millions in losses to undercut the price of diapers to drive them out of business. Then when they won the fight Amazon jacked the prices back up.
So, a lot of businesses or some? Serious question, I was unaware of this. A few decades ago Wal-Mart was shutting down main street businesses in towns all over the country simply by offering one stop shopping at lower prices. I know Amazon is a threat to them but didn't know Amazon has been competing head to head with smaller companies.

vantexan

Did a little digging. Amazon only generates 1% of sales from its private label products. Kohl's for example does 46% of its sales from them. It's a common practice for retailers. So most products Amazon sales are actually products of other companies. And Amazon's diaper prices weren't any higher than wholesale clubs like Costco. Amazon bought out diaper.com's parent company but had to shut it down in 2017 because it was unprofitable.

59 Dano

yo

You are correct, Fedex Express is one of the operating companies and serves as the airline segment of the Corporation. FedEx Ground supplies the ground segment of the delivery service and increasingly is becoming an airline by servicing their brother airlines air ops.

Makes no sense right, that's exactly what happens when something is misclassified.

What Ground does has no bearing on anything, though some of you guys like to muddy the waters to push a point of view that supports an agenda.

59 Dano

UPS ground and air delivery service are combined and covered under the NLRA. FedEx Express and FedEx Ground are separate OPCOs. Ttku son..
NLRA doesn't cover any service, it covers companies and their employees. UPS Co (and its employees) are covered by the RLA.

You keep bringing up Ground as if Ground means anything in this discussion. It doesn't.

59 Dano

DGO, AGFS, someone at Federal Express was smart enough to see a difference.

Why no SIDA badge requirement for the airline employees that deliver the fruit (the reason for the existence of the airline) to businesses and residences?

Is a company vehicle and a FedEx badge not enough to get an airline employee on airport property?
Walk me through it
Just about anyone can go onto just about any airport property, SIDA badge or no.

I'm dense.
No kidding. A battery of mindless convoluted questions doesn't change the law.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
NLRA doesn't cover any service, it covers companies and their employees. UPS Co (and its employees) are covered by the RLA.

You keep bringing up Ground as if Ground means anything in this discussion. It doesn't.
But it would only take one successful court case to change that.

You sound confident that will never happen.

So did the proponents of Roe v. Wade.

59 Dano

A few decades ago Wal-Mart was shutting down main street businesses in towns all over the country simply by offering one stop shopping at lower prices. I know Amazon is a threat to them but didn't know Amazon has been competing head to head with smaller companies.
Amazon is Walmart Part 2.

Walmart was the so-called big greedy corporate giant that steamrolled Ma and Pa stores and greased the skids for all the other giant chains (other big box stores and larger shopping malls) to dominate the shopping landscape. Why go to several locally owned shops when you can go to fewer stores with more diverse offerings and get a better price?

Amazon is the same thing, but with delivery, and it's hurting the big box stores and malls that put Ma and Pa out of business.

The people who HAAAAATED Walmart don't have a problem with Amazon since they deliver. Convenience over principles.