Express volume finally moving to Ground...

Aquaman

My way of thinking is that a company that transports millions of pieces of freight by air, daily, using one of the world's largest air fleets, is an airline.
And my way of thinking is that not every piece of the company contributes to transporting millions of pieces of freight by air every day.
Imagine that, a guy who drives a truck who has a self-serving interest in reclassification thinks (such as he does) that Express is a trucking department with some planes that help it out.
I think the way I do because I see it everyday. I see pickup route after pickup route return with a mountain of freight for Ozark, and 2 skids to go on the pallet for the plane.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And my way of thinking is that not every piece of the company contributes to transporting millions of pieces of freight by air every day.

I think the way I do because I see it everyday. I see pickup route after pickup route return with a mountain of freight for Ozark, and 2 skids to go on the pallet for the plane.
I know the actual data is nothing when compared to your limited anecdote, but the ratio of overnight freight counts to deferred freight counts is nearly 2:1.

I'll ask again: when did Express cease to be an airline?

59 Dano

To a logical thinker at the airport.
I've never understood how someone can become so married to an idea that they'll make fools of themselves to justify it. MrFedEx is the gold standard, but even he got quiet when faced with the fact that his silly claims had already been decimated by the courts.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I know the actual data is nothing when compared to your limited anecdote, but the ratio of overnight freight counts to deferred freight counts is nearly 2:1.

Why is there still an RLA given today’s situation?

floridays

I've never understood how someone can become so married to an idea that they'll make fools of themselves to justify it. MrFedEx is the gold standard, but even he got quiet when faced with the fact that his silly claims had already been decimated by the courts.
Federal Express or Fedex has never been in court defending their special designation as an airline.

I've asked you numerous times for you to produce a case with Fedex the respondent, much less a named party concerning this airline designation.

It has never been challenged.

Ask your law boys for a cite, and pass it on.

Last edited:

Aquaman

Are we talking small package or heavyweight. You think heavyweight is 2:1 overnight?

MAKAVELI

The courts didn't extend the RLA exemption in 2010. Politicians did . Ttku Freddy Jr.

59 Dano

Federal Express or Fedex has never been in court defending their special designation as an airline.
Their designation isn't special.

All their airplanes and flights should be the big tipoff.

I've asked you numerous times for you to produce a case with Fedex the respondent, much less a named party concerning this airline designation.

It has never been challenged.

Ask your law boys for a cite, and pass it on.
I gave you a case where the court not only recognized it, but cited it in another case. They recognize it, you don't. Not my problem.

How about this. Let's apply the standards that the NMB used when considering whether the ground opco of UPS should be covered by the RLA because it worked with the UPS air opco:

1) the bulk of the trucking opco's work is done for an RLA carrier
2) the trucking opco must be an integral part of that RLA carrier
3) the trucking opco must provide essential services to that RLA carrier's operations

Express is 3 for 3. Keep trying.

59 Dano

The courts didn't extend the RLA exemption in 2010. Politicians did . Ttku Freddy Jr.
Express was already covered under the RLA, exemption or not, and still would have been, exemption or not. Why don't you learn what happened?

59 Dano

Are we talking small package or heavyweight. You think heavyweight is 2:1 overnight?
I mean, if you need to focus on an outlier to make a point...

I can point to a few car crashes where someone would have died if they'd been wearing a seatbelt, and I know a few smokers who lived long lives with few health issues.

Last edited:

floridays

I gave you a case where the court not only recognized it, but cited it in another case. They recognize it, you don't. Not my problem.
First, You never gave me any case where Fedex was respondent or a party regarding classification.
What you just just posted is a is a misrepresentation at best, a lie if offered to deceive.

Second, No case exists with Fedex answering to a challenge of their designation.

It can easily be put to bed. All it takes is for the Western Division drivers to wake up in the morning and refuse to go to work.

If a strike injunction (demand to appear at work) is issued, who will the injunction be delivered to and how?
This classification determines only one thing, who will represent the class.

@MAKAVELI, work your ass off to organize, it won't take all the Western Divison.
Put what I say to the test.

floridays

I can point to a few car crashes where someone would have died if they'd been wearing a seatbelt, and I know a few smokers who lived long lives with few health issues.
I know some people that are full of :poop: also.

Aquaman

That is exactly my point. There are outliers in this company in regards to the airline operation that should not be considered airline operation. Great. I’m glad I got through… If we get 4 full Ozark trailers of deliveries every morning, but only 3 positions off the flight. The airline is supplementing our trucking operation. But because we spend an hour a day taking cans to couriers we’re airline truckers.

Last edited: