Express volume finally moving to Ground...

bacha29

While you guys were busy arguing Cramer had Brad Jacobs of XPO Logistics on Mad Money discussing it's plan to sell off it's intermodal and European operations then split in two. If anybody else decided to get into hauling small box I say it's XPO Logistics. Nonunion, big enough, cash rich enough to get into small box and might be able to sting UPS and Fat Freddy pretty hard.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Why would someone who’s worked at UPS for 8 years even want to think up something up like that?
I have no idea.
The job title he named does not exist.

There is a similar job to that description, but his description is off quite a bit. And I wouldn't call $32+ an hour "dismal" pay, certainly not with the benefits.

CookiePuss

I just want to know what “Ttku” means. Explain it to me like I’m a former Ground driver. Because…….. I am a former Ground driver.

floridays

Horrible contracts, disconnected upper management, abunch of contractors tired of subsidizing a multi-billion dollar company and a massive tax credit that give people the breathing room to walk away.
I'm not picking on you or other contractor's but they were horrible offers, they did not become contracts until signed.

I understand there are many considerations but is there a chance contractors in a building would form an OPEC of sorts and hang together when the next contract in your building or city is up for renewal? It may be time for creative thinking to gain some leverage.

It's just a question

bbsam

Staff member
I'm not picking on you or other contractor's but they were horrible offers, they did not become contracts until signed.

I understand there are many considerations but is there a chance contractors in a building would form an OPEC of sorts and hang together when the next contract in your building or city is up for renewal? It may be time for creative thinking to gain some leverage.

It's just a question
Good question. Our whole building has contracts ending June 30. We’re in the “negotiating” stage right now but most have been losing money and the company is cutting rates.

Technically we can’t discuss rates amongst ourselves 🙄. But everyone knows and the “concerns” have gone to the senior VP level.

One guy walked out a month ago and locally they’re trying to get that are contracted. Another nearly had his routes sold but is still actively looking to get out. The rest of us are forming our exit plans (mostly times around the tax credit).

We only have to give a 30 day notice so it likely that September, October in our building could be trying to fill several areas.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Horrible contracts, disconnected upper management, abunch of contractors tired of subsidizing a multi-billion dollar company and a massive tax credit that give people the breathing room to walk away.
Greedy people getting their comeuppance.

How dare people not stay desperate enough to work for you!

floridays

@Nolimitz, what was creative about this post?

It's just a question

What I stated were statements of fact and one question.

@bbsam and I hold adversarial positions concerning our views on how contractors in many cases, (most I have heard as a matter of fact) deal with their employees.

What was creative about the post?

Nolimitz

@Nolimitz, what was creative about this post?

What I stated were statements of fact and one question.

@bbsam and I hold adversarial positions concerning our views on how contractors in many cases, (most I have heard as a matter of fact) deal with their employees.

What was creative about the post?
an OPEC of ground is like a union starting at express. Get real. LMAO

yadig

Sounds like express minus the contractor part.