Extreme Cold

rod

Retired 22 years
Here in Chicago we have never been told we can't wear something when its in the severe cold (anything under 0). Guys show up in hunting gear, bibs, show pants, you name it. Do what must be done. If I was ever told I can't wear something, than it becomes a "safety issue"

Any management who tells a driver he can't wear non-UPS clothing when its brutally cold outside should be stripped-hosed down with water and locked out of the building-----for a start.

oldngray

nowhere special
International Falls---that's @FrigidFTSup 's favorite place to spend peak.
th.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
My older brother and I used to lock each other out of the house in our underwear to see who could stand it in the cold the longest. We also one time got the brilliant idea to soak all my mothers dish clothes in water and hang them over the porch railing and laugh like hell when we lifted one end up and they snapped in half.

WTFm8

That day was miserable to say the least. I would rather go home and salvage the rest of the day than have to push a broom for hours to get my 8. Sometimes it just isn't worth it man.

Why would you agree to work out of classification to get your guaranteed hours/pay depending on supplement language... let alone agree to code 05.

C71A6C0D-1478-4940-B4C5-585275D33784.jpeg

542thruNthru

What we hope for every day on the east coast:

20rmgkk.gif

I know you're southern so geography isn't really your forte but Baja California is a penninsula not California. Baja California is full of Mexicans. I know from your determination to defend the MAGA hat you're a huge Trump supporter but sending them to ocean is a little much. :)
Screenshot_20190127-180817.png

Box Ox

I know you're southern so geography isn't really your forte but Baja California is a penninsula not California.

I was truly referring to Florida in my post. Nothing metaphorical or misidentified.

I know from your determination to defend the MAGA hat

Only interested in defending against excessive object-based triggerings.

you're a huge Trump supporter

The folks in Current Events would be surprised to hear that.

iruhnman630

One by one, every school in my area is closing tomorrow.

Government offices are starting to follow suit.

Travel is not advised.

Turn in a sales lead.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My personal record for wearing shorts was 11 degrees.
The coldest temp I have ever worked in...and the record low for my area...was 2 degrees. It was back in ‘89 when we were still on paper. I had to keep extra ball point pens in my stocking hat because the ink would freeze before I got all 6 digits of the shipper number written down.
I had improperly connected my tire chains, and they came unhooked and got wrapped up between the duallies of my P-600 and frozen into a solid ball of ice and steel. I had to crawl under the car with numb fingers and try to get them untangled with a flashlight in my mouth. Tears of frustration ran down my cheeks and froze there. I was only 22 years old, a new driver, and had never dealt with anything like that. That was the closest I have ever come to quitting.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
My personal record for wearing shorts was 11 degrees.
The coldest temp I have ever worked in...and the record low for my area...was 2 degrees. It was back in ‘89 when we were still on paper. I had to keep extra ball point pens in my stocking hat because the ink would freeze before I got all 6 digits of the shipper number written down.
I had improperly connected my tire chains, and they came unhooked and got wrapped up between the duallies of my P-600 and frozen into a solid ball of ice and steel. I had to crawl under the car with numb fingers and try to get them untangled with a flashlight in my mouth. Tears of frustration ran down my cheeks and froze there. I was only 22 years old, a new driver, and had never dealt with anything like that. That was the closest I have ever come to quitting.

And then ORION was unleashed.....