Extreme Cold

MAKAVELI

No, we in cold climate areas that have to deal with 12 inches of snow today, -20 degree wind chill tomorrow and -50 degree wind chill on Wednesday don't care about the difference in cost of living wages throughout other areas of the country. Especially in those higher cost of living area where the temperatures are 70 degrees tomorrow.
Sucks to be you.:happy2:

542thruNthru

Sucks to be you.:happy2:

Yeah I don't really want for anything so I don't really care.

People talk about how much our homes cost and yeah it sucks but in the end I get to sell it for a hell of a lot more then I bought it for. In just under 10 years my house is worth almost 300k more then what I bought it for.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Yeah I don't really want for anything so I don't really care.

People talk about how much our homes cost and yeah it sucks but in the end I get to sell it for a hell of a lot more then I bought it for. In just under 10 years my house is worth almost 300k what I bought it for.
Mo money, Mo prolems.

ibleedbrown

Ups might actually shut down on Wednesday. Half of Chicago is shutting down, high of -13 low of -25 w -50 wind-chill, Fed ex already announced they will be closed on Wednesday. They are predicting the coldest day in Chicago history.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
On January 6th 2014 the coldest weather I have worked In the high was -22 with windchill in the -48. Tomorrow will start a high of -8 going down to -31 degrees with windchills in the -54. I talked to a supervisor today about snow pants if it was cool to wear them in building, his response was not in building but what you do outside of here is up to you. I was ready to tell him sounds like I need a safety ride or a sick day if I'm not allowed to wear snow pants on a :censored2:ing -54 degree day.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Ups might actually shut down on Wednesday. Half of Chicago is shutting down, high of -13 low of -25 w -50 wind-chill, Fed ex already announced they will be closed on Wednesday. They are predicting the coldest day in Chicago history.
Like I said I worked in -48 degree weather, you will be working and probably a long day due to your fellow coworkers calling in. Good luck UPS dont give a :censored2: if its -50 out, they only care about money period.

rod

Retired 22 years
Predicted 75 below wind chill temps (-35 actual) at 10:00 p.m. Wed. High of 15 below Tuesday. We're having fun now. Then a balmy high of 37 on Saturday--welcome to Mn.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
J
On January 6th 2014 the coldest weather I have worked In the high was -22 with windchill in the -48. Tomorrow will start a high of -8 going down to -31 degrees with windchills in the -54. I talked to a supervisor today about snow pants if it was cool to wear them in building, his response was not in building but what you do outside of here is up to you. I was ready to tell him sounds like I need a safety ride or a sick day if I'm not allowed to wear snow pants on a :censored2:ing -54 degree day.
Your only mistake was in asking for permission.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There’s a push from the general Public for a large portion of the postal service to shut down for a day. I’m fully expecting to work.

Re-Raise

The call-ins must be starting. I am on vacation in Gulf Shores and my on road left a message on my phone asking if I would come in and drive for time and a half all day. It is minus -40 wind chill back home

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Predicted 75 below wind chill temps (-35 actual) at 10:00 p.m. Wed. High of 15 below Tuesday. We're having fun now. Then a balmy high of 37 on Saturday--welcome to Mn.
giphy (27).gif

What a bunch of candy asses

iruhnman630

My current situation is parked on the highway, approaching the 45 minute mark, because idiots refuse to keep it down to 30 mph.

This after a bunch of us got caught in one huge oh:censored2:oh:censored2:oh:censored2: moment a few miles back.

We could really use radios in our package cars.

Should my hands still be at 10-and-2 while sitting here?

BootsOnTarmac

Which Opco of Fedex said they will be closed on Wednesday in the Chicago area? Source?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I notified corporate earlier that I was shutting down my operation due to weather and they should go ahead and initiate their contingency plan.