Extreme Discipline?!?!

Est.1998

Because when everything is set up properly, it does work

ORION isn't a AI, it's just a calculator; if you put the right numbers in you get the right result

How do you blame corp for your own calculations being jacked up?
Explain this.
Our calculations aren't jacked up.
We don't put in these numbers you've stated if placed correctly the system works.

quad decade guy

I appreciate your extremely valuable information. I will begin filing grievances tomorrow and just work safe and not care about speed whatsoever. It’s just a shame that i tried to work hard for them and they got upset over that. Oh well their loss and my gain. Once again thank you for all the info, I will for sure use it tomorrow.
Oh?

This is laughable.

When I went to Hawaii.....I asked the UPS guy(random driver) for a pic.....and asked him to put his foot on his front bumper to make it a bit livelier.......he looked like a heroin addict needing a fix......jumpy and couldn't get back to work fast enough.

Point? We hustle....everywhere. You think you have a target now?

Just don't care about SPORH....whatsoever....report back....

Good luck.

Oh and all that "hard work" you did......would eventually kill someone or yourself or cause injury.......that's what they got upset about.

Quit while you can....listening to these guys on BC will have you in for a career full of lawsuits and grievances....every single day of looking over your shoulder.....on area......at home...starting your day angry. No? Hell, we got that going on in Feeders....the easiest job at UPS.

No?

Shrug...

quad decade guy

Then why doesn't the company want it to work properly? If the company wanted it to work properly, they would invest the time and effort to fix the inherent problems with the program. From a dumb truck driver's perspective, UPS isn't interested in fixing the problems, its seems easier to blame the drivers for a jacked up company program that UPS has invested all this technology in. I just don't get it...
Be patient....

A new program will come along......

And then you can be perplexed about that one.

DeCurtis

Then why doesn't the company want it to work properly? If the company wanted it to work properly, they would invest the time and effort to fix the inherent problems with the program. From a dumb truck driver's perspective, UPS isn't interested in fixing the problems, its seems easier to blame the drivers for a jacked up company program that UPS has invested all this technology in. I just don't get it...
It seems like ORION can not, nor ever will be able, to do what it's supposed to do. A machine can not make the same calculations a human can. A machine will calculate EVERYTHING. A Driver knows that on the 3800 block of whatever street he's on he doesn't need to calculate in what order to do the 3900 block of the same street. A computer will calculate that though, along with everything else, and it's solution is a massive cluster****.

DeCurtis

About a year before I left package I got a 3 day OJS ride with my center manager. Monday morning first stop 7000s nowhere near my airs. Not on the way out to area. No rhyme or reason. So we head out and he’s questioning why I’m going the way I was. Because I’m following Orion. Says nope we’re not doing that. So I ask why it comes up with the most random no sense stops to be done first. He says because Orion sees every single package as an envelope. Boxes and package sizes couldn’t be equated into the system when it was originated. It doesn’t take into account that it might be buried somewhere. Doesn’t have the ability to.
The only time I ever follow ORION %100 is when somebody from management is with me, and then I make sure to take %100 of my personal time too. Didn't have time to be out till 2000 tonight? Should've picked somebody else.

DeCurtis

And boy, is it a game changer...:winks:
I was skeptical of it's itinerary updates, but must admit that so far it has done a good job of grouping and pulling all of the stops in whatever area I'm working to the top of the list. It's been a while since clearing out an area only to have to return 2 hours later after finding a single stop from there randomly placed near the bottom of the itinerary. If they could **** can ORION and keep this feature for EDD that would be pretty cool --never will happen though.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Corp is oblivious to how poorly neglected our maps are and the disregard the Districts have for the PDS

UPS is still highly decentralized and the way we carry out steady-state change is total dog:censored2:

Cowboy Mac

Focus on being as safe as you possibly can. Focus on taking care of your customers, making them happy. Focus on learning the methods and following them. Give an honest effort at a consistent, smooth speed that you can keep up for 30 years. Try to keep a positive attitude. Pick your battles. Do these things and you will be a near model employee that any sane manager would want to keep around.

Don’t come into work looking for a battle. Let them fire the first shot. If they come at you with stupid, hit them back with everything you got.

Spanky250

If it works so great, then why is it universally panned by everybody in brown?
Orion makes me do several of my streets in reverse of the general direction of travel. I finally figured out, by watching the navigation screen, that it thinks these streets are one-way, even though they aren't. When one of the Orion techs came to our center to fix some problems, I asked about this, and was told that they do that to make Orion run the route the way they want it to go. I looked at him and said "If Orion is so smart, why do you have to lie to it to make it work?" Just got a stare in response...

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
“Back to doing my old numbers” ha. I would just say okay. Then do the same thing the next day. They tried pulling that with me. Doesn’t make Me go any faster. Just work safe. I’ve seen people beating themselves to get done by 5. But most of them get hurt and are gone for 6 months to a year. Do you really want that?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I wonder why nobody in management fights against Orion? Like, straight up, don’t be scared; tell those guys in Atlanta THIS DOESNT WORK AND YOU HAVE MADE THE COMPANY WORSE
If they do fight against it, why tf doesn’t Atlanta listen?
@Dragon it’s an honest question
Don’t want to end up on the grand forks North Dakota preload

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Because when everything is set up properly, it does work

ORION isn't a AI, it's just a calculator; if you put the right numbers in you get the right result

How do you blame corp for your own calculations being jacked up?

It told me to do a 1630 pickup before a 1500 pickup the other day. I don’t understand how the guys who say they follow 100% Orion do it without missed businesses and pickups every day.

DeCurtis

40 years in and still scared to death
What a way to go through life
No kidding.
Let them target you.
Retaliation is unprofessional and can possibly be a terminable offense.
If you're being "targeted" provoke them to retaliate stupid-hard and then report it. The idea is to pull their behavior undeniably into the open. That's when you win and can go back to minding your own business doing your best at the job.

Shift 2

Gonna be a kissass here and agree. Aside from going slow and following ORION %100 that should be everybody's routine. It's possible to bonus this way, especially if you're pushing up all your pieces up into the batter's box and sorting as you select.
I’ll correct my self on the going slow comment because if I’m being honest I don’t personally move at my slowest pace just a comfortable pace.