Extreme heat inside UPS vehicles is oppressive. UPS will not get away with this oppressive treatment forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I saw this online, I think it was in Tennessee a week or two ago. You can just about cook meat at that temperature. There is no excuse for poor ventilation in the cargo area of a package car.
UPSpacagecarheat.jpeg

PPH_over_9000

I saw this online, I think it was in Tennessee a week or two ago. You can just about cook meat at that temperature. There is no excuse for poor ventilation in the cargo area of a package car.
View attachment 393900

And here I am feeling like death when my cargo area's around 120-130F.

Christ, man, I I have no idea how some of you guys do it. I know it's all about acclimation but geez....

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
View attachment 393900
LOL. That’s a Fluke infrared intended to read surface temps, not air temp.
That is also from an NBC Fake News bit from NJ in 2019.

“Responsible reporting”… LOL

Last edited:

PPH_over_9000

The key is not to dwell on it-----once you do that you are done.

What's the hottest temps you remember dealing with, Upstate? Assuming you delivered in UpstateNY like your handle implies, I can't imagine the weather much different from what I deal with around DC. Your Winters were probably much worse, though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What's the hottest temps you remember dealing with, Upstate? Assuming you delivered in UpstateNY like your handle implies, I can't imagine the weather much different from what I deal with around DC. Your Winters were probably much worse, though.
I worked fairly close to the Canadian border so the climate was much more temperate. Yes, the winters were much worse, but they have become less so in recent years. Keep in mind that the first two thirds of my career was pre-telematics so it was not uncommon to open all the doors to try to reduce the heat in the cargo area.

Regardless of whether it is summer or winter, the moment that you let the weather get in to your head, you are done.

Integrity

Binge Poster
View attachment 393900
According to the article in the original post:

Although individual responses to extreme heat will vary, at an air temperature greater than 44°C /111.2 friend an environment of high humidity, is it now widely accepted that the human body will be at the very limits of its tolerance.

Integrity

Binge Poster
And here I am feeling like death when my cargo area's around 120-130F.
According to the article in the original post:

Although individual responses to extreme heat will vary, at an air temperature greater than 44°C /111.2 friend an environment of high humidity, is it now widely accepted that the human body will be at the very limits of its tolerance.

What is the longest you have had to stay in those extreme temperatures?
Christ, man, I I have no idea how some of you guys do it. I know it's all about acclimation but geez....
👍

Integrity

Binge Poster

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Why not report on the mild temperatures? Will no one feel bad for you when it’s 70??

BTW, if you don’t know about temps, equipment, and heat transfer OR reading that the picture of the thermometer was from a 2019 NBC news ( cited), then you should stop posting misinformation.
You look like you skipped HS.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Why not report on the mild temperatures?
Because the issue/topic relates to heat related injuries/illnesses while working in hot conditions. Mild and moderate temperatures are not a concern.
Will no one feel bad for you when it’s 70??
Should they? Seems pretty nice.
BTW, if you don’t know about temps, equipment, and heat transfer
I don’t.
OR reading that the picture of the thermometer was from a 2019 NBC news ( cited),
Why is this relevant?
then you should stop posting misinformation.
What misinformation have I posted?
You look like you skipped HS.
I graduated HS.

Status
Not open for further replies.