Eye insurance

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I never get to use the insurance for glasses I always need to get contacts, either or but not both. Which is bs because who gets glasses every year? I’ve had mine since 2012.

rod

Retired 22 years
Any of you guys ever consider the lasik? Not sure when it comes time if I will ever get used to wearing glasses.

Usually when you wake up on your 45th birthday you discover you need glasses. Then if you are like most of my vain friends you spend the next 10 years squinting and digging out you cheater glasses when you can't read the menu. I know a 68 year old guy who wears HARD contact lenses and refuses to be seen in public with his glasses because he don't like the way he looks in them . What an idiot---now he looks like a 68 year old guy who has to use his cheaters to read anything and couldn't tie a fishhook on a line or thread a needle if his life depended on it.

rod

Retired 22 years
I never get to use the insurance for glasses I always need to get contacts, either or but not both. Which is bs because who gets glasses every year? I’ve had mine since 2012.

I usually did and so did everyone in my family for many years. Of coarse that was back when we had good benefits. We all went to the dentist twice a year also. Between glasses, contacts, and twice a year dental appointments I don't think I spent $200 out of pocket for 30 years for all of us. I once had a $2,000 dental bill (2 crowns and a bridge) and I got a bill from the dentist for $8. I complained about it and he said forget the 8 bucks.

oldngray

nowhere special
I usually did and so did everyone in my family for many years. Of coarse that was back when we had good benefits. We all went to the dentist twice a year also. Between glasses, contacts, and twice a year dental appointments I don't think I spent $200 out of pocket for 30 years for all of us. I once had a $2,000 dental bill (2 crowns and a bridge) and I got a bill from the dentist for $8. I complained about it and he said forget the 8 bucks.
My dental is still about the same it was before I retired. Still get the 2 free cleanings a year. 100% preventative and about 80% on the rest.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Usually when you wake up on your 45th birthday you discover you need glasses. Then if you are like most of my vain friends you spend the next 10 years squinting and digging out you cheater glasses when you can't read the menu. I know a 68 year old guy who wears HARD contact lenses and refuses to be seen in public with his glasses because he don't like the way he looks in them . What an idiot---now he looks like a 68 year old guy who has to use his cheaters to read anything and couldn't tie a fishhook on a line or thread a needle if his life depended on it.
I got a buddy like that, his contacts cause him no end of trouble but he won't wear glasses because he thinks they look bad. I'm like "dude, you're 55 years old and bald, plus you're already married, so what do you care?"

clean hairy

I got a buddy like that, his contacts cause him no end of trouble but he won't wear glasses because he thinks they look bad. I'm like "dude, you're 55 years old and bald, plus you're already married, so what do you care?"
He had a full head of hair before he got married?
How quickly did Marriage cause him to go bald?