Facebook to encourage PT employees to vote no

tyugar

I'm not sure if this is allowed so if not delete this but I only have good intentions.

PT employees don't vote. If they knew the conditions of this contract we could inspire more to vote no. They don't pay attention to union issues and many have no idea we are even going under a new contract. So why not make a statement through Facebook; the only method of communication that seems to ring a bell in the targeted PT age group.

All I ask is you join and invite as many people as you know. Post as much information as you know. We need to push the word out as hard as possible if we want to can this contract.

Thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/317499238380595/

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This sounds like a good idea although many here would argue that this forum would serve the same purpose. Rather than create a new facebook page and spend time posting all of that information, why don't you post a link to Brown Cafe?

If you do decide to create the fb page please make sure to post all of the information and not just those snippets which support your position.

I'm not sure if this is allowed so if not delete this but I only have good intentions.

PT employees don't vote. If they knew the conditions of this contract we could inspire more to vote no. They don't pay attention to union issues and many have no idea we are even going under a new contract. So why not make a statement through Facebook; the only method of communication that seems to ring a bell in the targeted PT age group.

All I ask is you join and invite as many people as you know. Post as much information as you know. We need to push the word out as hard as possible if we want to can this contract.

Thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/317499238380595/
Good morning tieguy.

tyugar

I've posted the full contract along with the sugar coated UPS Date and it's sugar coated BS.

I am not tieguy, 407, just a fellow PT teamster local 705 with 7 years service. I don't know where you got that from.

I want a no vote, and I believe PT will too if they pay attention and that's what I'm trying to get them to do! Hand out flyers and they'll throw them in the trash. Spread the word and they'll ignore the ballot because it's a "waste of time". If this go through as yes vote at least my conscious will be clear that I did everything in my power to stand up for most importantly, our health care. This forum serves it's purpose, yes. But the more mediums we use the wider the message will spread.

balland chain

The only chance of a No vote. Is for pt ers to PAY ATTENTION¡!!!!!!!!!

You are so right.. If us FT'ers are willing to get to work early and stand outside the gate and hand out the facts on paper, the we would have to print up at our expense, that may do the trick..But, how many of us are willing to do that?? Depending on how many shifts there are, we would need to have dedicated people who are willing to give up a few hours of their personal time to do this, but it would be well worth it.. If the part timers are not happy with it and they express that, ask them to spread the word as well..Otherwise, this dog is going to pass ..