Fallout from the new contract?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Thats about the time I remember. An Account Executive and a LP took the offer in my center.

We lost a lot of good ones back then..

The ones who had a soul…I remember one who took that “95” buy out..nicest fellow you can meet, smart as a whip..left with 20 years in and started a franchise.

Drove an old car to work everyday that had a “Question Authority” bumper sticker on it..didn’t drink the Kool Aid like the others..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
“Them Union scum..how dare they”

We know the type…
It wasn’t everyone but I distinctly remember a few who though it was the end of ups as they all knew it..little did they know in the following years they would pretty much loose everything.

ManInBrown

Our contracts historically help PT sups. It's raises their pay because UPS can't get anyone to be a PT sup when they male less than a PTer.

FT Sups will take the biggest hit because most are really needed.

center manager from what I'm hearing is being looked at for cuts because their decision making is slowly being passed to others. They are more just there to take the tongue lashing. Only thing that helped them stay around as long as they have is because they are supposed to be HR as well. We've seen how true that is...

Honestly anything non operations is never safe in my opinion but that's corporate crap and no one cares about those chair spinners. :)
Last week I saw a PT sup trying to talk a PTer into being a supervisor. Pulled him off to the side right in front of the sup and told him biggest mistake you’ll ever make.

dudebro

Last week I saw a PT sup trying to talk a PTer into being a supervisor. Pulled him off to the side right in front of the sup and told him biggest mistake you’ll ever make.
This has happened since I became a part time sup in 1988. "They're just promoting you so it will be easy for them to fire you later!". Other good people who were Teamsters simply stopped talking to me. It's a good thing this happens, this way usually no one who is iffy about taking the step into mgmt does so without at least a dozen people warning them not to.

What'dyabringmetoday???

This has happened since I became a part time sup in 1988. "They're just promoting you so it will be easy for them to fire you later!". Other good people who were Teamsters simply stopped talking to me. It's a good thing this happens, this way usually no one who is iffy about taking the step into mgmt does so without at least a dozen people warning them not to.
You mean the step backwards. Lol.

Arizax2

Some FT management in operations were given 30 days to find another job within UPS because their job has been eliminated. Word is there's about 500 management folks in the country that's gona get that talk. It already happened in some parts of the country. Told you there was going to be a fallout...

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Some FT management in operations were given 30 days to find another job within UPS because their job has been eliminated. Word is there's about 500 management folks in the country that's gona get that talk. It already happened in some parts of the country. Told you there was going to be a fallout...
So?

Thebrownblob

Only 500?

Some FT management in operations were given 30 days to find another job within UPS because their job has been eliminated. Word is there's about 500 management folks in the country that's gonana get that talk. It already happened in some parts of the country. Told you there was going to be a fallout...
well-bye.gif

CHEMA-DELMA

At one time it was a great company, Most of my managers were millionaire's when we went public. Wen I retired it turned into a good company, now it seems like a ok company. With the current driver pay and health and why would you ever take the tie? Company has gone way to the left. People are now put in positions because of what they are not what the can do managing a group of drivers.

Whatthewhat

Lots of management got the notification yesterday. Some told to leave, some were given the option to take a demotion. Heard it is around 2000 people