Fallout from the new contract?

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Management will probably lose their health insurance. Lose their pensions. Remove the ac from all the office spaces. I could go on.

Arizax2

Management will probably lose their health insurance. Lose their pensions. Remove the ac from all the office spaces. I could go on.
  1. Health insurance has gotten worse overtime already
  2. Pensions been gone
  3. Most offices climate system is locked with passcode.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
As far as 1 and 2, sarcasm. Already knew that. For #3 it seems that ac really is golden here. We should be so fortunate. Who would ever put their letter in???

anonymous23456

There will be less people hiring into management. ALL Union workers will now do everything online. Their complaints/request and HR services will be handled by call centers from India. So good luck Union boys about getting anything done. You have complaints about your wrong paycheck amount? Call India! :-)

Massive layoffs
that's not how it works in management

there will be VSAP which the most senior and experienced will take
the highest talent new management will go elsewhere
the support functions (finance, marketing, SCS) will be gutted and outsourced even further

you're left with :censored2:tier management than before, and it all comes tumbling down a little further

Thebrownblob

There will be less people hiring into management. ALL Union workers will now do everything online. Their complaints/request and HR services will be handled by call centers from India. So good luck Union boys about getting anything done. You have complaints about your wrong paycheck amount? Call India! :-)
Do you even know that’s already happening? Quit sounding like a tool. You’re about to make my ignore list.

anonymous23456

the support functions (finance, marketing, SCS) will be gutted and outsourced even further

you're left with :censored2:tier management than before, and it all comes tumbling down a little further
:censored2: rolls downhill I heard.

Thebrownblob

Sure, not our concern. Most Management at the operations level in pkg car is pointless
anyway. Show up at 6 or 7am in the morning push some paperwork give a PCM. Go to lunch at noon leave for the day at 2 PM. Let the OMS handle everything else.

anonymous23456

I will just tell you what the last supervisor to quit told me.
He said this job is way below his pay grade and he's tired is listening to conference calls and being a babysitter and not actually being able to do anything to make a difference
That is legacy system that UPS unfortunately inherited. BS jobs and low paid management jobs should be gone. If UPS wants to be ruthless competitor, it should look at Amazon model. However, it means Union shop is incompatible with that business model. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I will just tell you what the last supervisor to quit told me.
He said this job is way below his pay grade and he's tired is listening to conference calls and being a babysitter and not actually being able to do anything to make a difference
was it an ORS? they pretty much are just babysitters, the only useful thing they do is train FSP's but we are way overstaffed for just that function

Sure, not our concern. Most Management at the operations level in pkg car is pointless
anyway. Show up at 6 or 7am in the morning push some paperwork give a PCM. Go to lunch at noon leave for the day at 2 PM. Let the OMS handle everything else.
yes

That is legacy system that UPS unfortunately inherited. BS jobs and low paid management jobs should be gone. If UPS wants to be ruthless competitor, it should look at Amazon model. However, it means Union shop is incompatible with that business model. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
For some reason they find a way to chase out the good supervisors and we get stuck with the leftovers

Thebrownblob

Inherited legacy system? You sound like a dummy, why would UPS want to model Amazon? were quite successful doing what we do and Amazon does not do what we do, you do know that right or do you just like to feign intelligence? Amazon delivers their own stuff they do not make pick ups, and they do not ship business to business.

Inherited legacy system? You sound like a dummy, why would UPS want to model Amazon? were quite successful doing what we do and Amazon does not do what we do you do know that right or do you just like to feign intelligence? Amazon delivers their own stuff they do not make pick ups, and they do not ship business to business.
But yet we have to pick up all their call tags...