Falsification multiple choice response.

BrownBrokeDown

Consignees cannot call UPS for a refund. The shipper is the customer.quote]
Not true. If the shipment is prepaid, the shipper is the customer, if it is collect, the consignee is the customer, and if it is 3rd party, then someone else entirely is the customer. Trust me, i have been in shipping for 15+ years and had to get many refunds or have customers get the refunds, or have someone else get the refunds for damages/lates/etc.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Today's PCM had yet another policy change in my center. They now want us to close out pickup stops at the stop, not away from the stop to stay within the +/- 15. There is yet another report being generated which tracks our location when we close out pickup stops.

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

Today's PCM had yet another policy change in my center. They now want us to close out pickup stops at the stop, not away from the stop to stay within the +/- 15. There is yet another report being generated which tracks our location when we close out pickup stops.

Sent using BrownCafe App
They can't even figure out how to fix the dispatch but they want us to fix their pick up compliance?
Looks like the "9.5 opt in" list is going to grow and grow.
Set up to fail from start time.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Was that a corporate PCM or just a local one? I ask because we have a standing approved practice of calling the pickups to determine if we need to break to get them. On one of our routes we have 45 pickups and by calling, we can normally eliminate at least half of them a day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Was that a corporate PCM or just a local one? I ask because we have a standing approved practice of calling the pickups to determine if we need to break to get them. On one of our routes we have 45 pickups and by calling, we can normally eliminate at least half of them a day.

Pickups pay up to $20/week to see our smiling faces, not hear our voices on the phone. Do the right thing---stop at every pickup every day.

Now, if you have a lot of occasional shippers, try to convert them to smart pickups.

nineyearsUGH

I always thought the stop complete was the marker for whether or not something was late. If you stop complete away from the delivery point, you are a fool unless you get a DIAD message telling you to do so.

The time stamp that determines 'on-time' delivery happens precisely when, after scanning, you big-arrow down to the screen that lists the packages.
Scanning and leaving it on the initial address screen (no big arrow down) and the pkg will be late. Prerecording erases the info.
These details taught to me by my sup on a ride along a year ago. Now they scramble to say no.

Z

ZQXC

I would not say that prerecording erases the information. However, when you reopen the prerecord you are given a new time stamp. A late one.

Z

ZQXC

Is that 9 years in or 9 years to go?
Either way it sucks to be you.........
Just kidding, not really

Z

ZQXC

We had a driver the other day that was back at the building after a full day and he decided to edit a stop. Don't know why. When he closed the stop, the screen of death appeared asking for a reason for the late air. Rookies; lol

oldngray

nowhere special
We had a driver the other day that was back at the building after a full day and he decided to edit a stop. Don't know why. When he closed the stop, the screen of death appeared asking for a reason for the late air. Rookies; lol

You can't edit stops any more, just void. I'm guessing he prerecorded the stop and forgot to complete it until he was trying to punch out.

Z

ZQXC

You can't edit stops any more, just void. I'm guessing he prerecorded the stop and forgot to complete it until he was trying to punch out.

You can still void an individual pkg. from a completed stop ; I think this is what he was doing when he got burned.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You can still void an individual pkg. from a completed stop ; I think this is what he was doing when he got burned.

You can void an individual package but that should not have made the NDA show up as late. I think oldngray is right----the kid probably had it in prerecord and forgot about it until he got back to the bldg.

Z

ZQXC

You can void an individual package but that should not have made the NDA show up as late. I think oldngray is right----the kid probably had it in prerecord and forgot about it until he got back to the bldg.

If you go into a completed stop after the commit time and void a single package any NDA packages that are also connected to that stop will show up as late when you exit. He did not have the stop prerecorded.

10 point

How odd it is that a delivery scan time stamps it and the pick up time stamp occurs when you stop complete it.

No wonder pick up compliance is so difficult because one day you have twenty pkgs and the next you have fifty to eighty.

Whoever sets up these compliance deadlines should work on a program that gives the driver more time to stop complete with a floating deadline according to pcs picked up.

Or just make the time stamp the same as delivery. How hard it that? Never mind. Dumb question.