Falsification multiple choice response.

10 point

What difference does the number if pkgs picked up make? Scan the EOD, enter total and complete stop.

Sent using BrownCafe App
The number of pkgs makes a lot of difference. The more pkgs you have to handle/load the more chance you'll miss pick up compliance because it TAKES LONGER to pick them up thus delays our stop complete at that stop which can put us out of pick up compliance.
As I said before, on pick ups, the compliance time stamp is when you stop complete it...not when you enter the stop upon arrival.
For those who care to stay in pk up compliance, that is the way compliance is logged.

10 point

I was also told by a sup that we could void a next day air saver that was mistakenly stop completed as commercial (like when some select "receiver" as delivery location when it's a resi) and resheet it but it had to be done within the next four minutes or it will still show a late air on their report.

bham brown

Pickups pay up to $20/week to see our smiling faces, not hear our voices on the phone. Do the right thing---stop at every pickup every day.

Do the right thing? But you don't when you leave call tags with customers and stop complete them when you don't leave with the package in your possession. I agree you should stop at every pickup every day because they pay you to do that. But UPS pays you to come back 3 times on most tags to attempt pickup. Do the right thing

bham brown

Pickups pay up to $20/week to see our smiling faces, not hear our voices on the phone. Do the right thing---stop at every pickup every day.

Now, if you have a lot of occasional shippers, try to convert them to smart pickups.

Do the right thing? But you don't when you leave call tags with customers and stop complete them when you don't leave with the package in your possession. I agree you should stop at every pickup every day because they pay you to do that. But UPS pays you to come back 3 times on most tags to attempt pickup. Do the right thing

oldngray

nowhere special
I was also told by a sup that we could void a next day air saver that was mistakenly stop completed as commercial (like when some select "receiver" as delivery location when it's a resi) and resheet it but it had to be done within the next four minutes or it will still show a late air on their report.

A residential Next Day Saver has no commit time, so even if it tags a later time it won't show as late. If you resheeted as a commercial, then it would show late. And I did hear there was a narrow time window of a few minutes to correct errors but not how long that time window was.

10 point

A residential Next Day Saver has no commit time, so even if it tags a later time it won't show as late. If you resheeted as a commercial, then it would show late. And I did hear there was a narrow time window of a few minutes to correct errors but not how long that time window was.
Yes... I agree. That was the first time any of our driver group heard the four minute rule. Communication at UPS sucks.

I was talking about stop completing a resi saver as commercial and then having to go back and change it because you stop completed it using "receiver" and it showed it late.
Most drivers, especially newer ones, don't know that a "receiver" is the area of a warehouse outside where you drop or confirm your paperwork for the shipment you are delivering to that company. Many times it doubles as a guard building.
I have yet to find a center manager who even knows this or can explain it to drivers who use that selection erroneously.

oldngray

nowhere special
Receiver is commercial. Only residential is tagged as residential. Every other option is commercial. And I disagree with your definition of receiver. It is the person who signs for a package at a commercial stop. It is a noun indicating a person, not a location (in this context).

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes... I agree. That was the first time any of our driver group heard the four minute rule. Communication at UPS sucks.

I was talking about stop completing a resi saver as commercial and then having to go back and change it because you stop completed it using "receiver" and it showed it late.
Most drivers, especially newer ones, don't know that a "receiver" is the area of a warehouse outside where you drop or confirm your paperwork for the shipment you are delivering to that company. Many times it doubles as a guard building.
I have yet to find a center manager who even knows this or can explain it to drivers who use that selection erroneously.

I think you are being way too literal with your definition of the word "receiver". While you are technically correct, the use of the term for our purposes would include someone working on a loading dock in receiving.

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

I think you are being way too literal with your definition of the word "receiver". While you are technically correct, the use of the term for our purposes would include someone working on a loading dock in receiving.

Sent using BrownCafe App
No. The diad asks for the LOCATION where it was delivered. We already have "dock" as a selection so you stop complete it as dock.

When someone from the office wants to find out where their paychecks were delivered to they look to find the delivery location. If it's at the dock they'll know by how we stop completed it.
The Receiver is normally a seperate building from the dock and normally positioned at the front gate of the parking area where delivery is made.
I'm not being too "literal". The diad is asking for the exact location for your delivery and the selections are there for a reason.
Maybe some of us need to do their job as instructed. Hmmm?

oldngray

nowhere special
In this situation the location is the person who signed for package, which can be anywhere. Even at another address. Receiving is a part of the building, not the receiver.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe some of us need to do their job as instructed. Hmmm?

If you think I am going to spend any amount of time contemplating the true definition of the delivery location options available you are nuts. I (quickly) choose the one I think most appropriate and move on.

In my center there is only one consignee (Georgia Pacific) who has a receiver such as you described. For all intents and purposes that is their receiving and the stop is closed out using receiver.

10 point

If you think I am going to spend any amount of time contemplating the true definition of the delivery location options available you are nuts. I (quickly) choose the one I think most appropriate and move on.

In my center there is only one consignee (Georgia Pacific) who has a receiver such as you described. For all intents and purposes that is their receiving and the stop is closed out using receiver.
I couldn't care less what you do because no matter what you know best.

I and good drivers that care about customers finding their deliveries, especially next days, stop complete them exactly where we leave them because it is very important to someone who is expecting that premium service delivery.
The issue was about stop completing mistakes when delivering a saver and not how many receivers you have on YOUR route.
I'm sorry your don't have time to think about what location you left your deliveries.
That's classic rookie mentality.
How long you been driving?? We can all learn something from others.... maybe almost all.

Z

ZQXC

Since we are discussing del. locations, Do others areas of the country have more options for DR locations at big arrow down from the DR screen?

Here we have 4 more, and I would like to see about 10 added.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I just wish they would add "parts" or "parts dept." To the location options. I have a bunch of stops where this would be the most accurate option.

oldngray

nowhere special
Since we are discussing del. locations, Do others areas of the country have more options for DR locations at big arrow down from the DR screen?

Here we have 4 more, and I wold like to see about 10 added.

At one time a center could customize their delivery location options but that was eliminated since UPS likes one size fits all system.

10 point

Receiver is commercial. Only residential is tagged as residential. Every other option is commercial. And I disagree with your definition of receiver. It is the person who signs for a package at a commercial stop. It is a noun indicating a person, not a location (in this context).
Then they would have MC man etc. They're asking for location not if it was signed by a human. Obviously, it was. But in what area of their facility is the question they want answered.

10 point

I just wish they would add "parts" or "parts dept." To the location options. I have a bunch of stops where this would be the most accurate option.
Do you know that they can change the location selections? They have a whole list of options that they can put in there. They just changed ours.