Father of the Year or child abuse?

What is your opinion on the father’s actions?

• Father of the Year

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Child abuse

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Extreme but not child abuse

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I was actually bullied a decent amount as a kid.
People tried to bully me but I fought back.
I grew up in a small town and after one bully wound up in the hospital and I broke another bully's nose, the news got out and they left me alone.
I was a little shrimp until the seventh grade.
Started the sixth at 4'10' and 68 pounds ... ended the seventh at 6' and 160 pounds.
The bullying prior to the 7th grade made me a caring person and I never bullied anyone physically.
Now bullying with words is another story.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We were actually talking about this problem the other day.

Kids aren't allowed to take things into their own hands anymore. You can fight 30 miles away from school and they are gonna say you set it up at school so you're suspended.

When kids were allowed to throw a few blows they did that instead of shooting up schools
There may be something to that.

People tried to bully me but I fought back.
I grew up in a small town and after one bully wound up in the hospital and I broke another bully's nose, the news got out and they left me alone.
I was a little shrimp until the seventh grade.
Started the sixth at 4'10' and 68 pounds ... ended the seventh at 6' and 160 pounds.
The bullying prior to the 7th grade made me a caring person and I never bullied anyone physically.
Now bullying with words is another story.
That was the time you realized you could be the bully and should go into management?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That was the time you realized you could be the bully and should go into management?
I was never a bully at UPS ... I was criticized for that many, many times.
I was/am(?) a thoughtful and considerate person especially in the workplace.
I don't know why that is ... maybe a hangover from the days I got bullied.
I think introspectively about the difference in my online personas and my true person.
Maybe I should ask my psychologist about that?

Maybe that's why I chose to be a monkey rather than a bully ape like The Big Ape did.

Last edited:

I think introspectively about the difference in my online personas and my true person.

Maybe that's why I chose a monkey rather than a bully ape like The Big Ape did.
That’s what kept you out of operations.

oldngray

nowhere special
If there was snow, than yes. Had to live over a mile away to be able to use bus, and I lived just under.
It was the same for me. I lived just over a mile away and they had to bus ... Until a new road was built making it just under a mile so I had to walk.

rod

Retired 22 years
Parents of yesteryear didn't treat their kids like a glass vase

Parents of yesterday didn't have their hands tied by the courts stating that they could go to jail or be harassed by Child Services if they dissaplined their kid in public. Parents of yesteryear didn't sue the school district if little Johnney got the paddle.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Maybe that's why I chose to be a monkey rather than a bully ape like The Big Ape did.

Or, you could put the bong down

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
This is a hard one for me. Because I feel bullying is blown way up now days.

5th grade boys are gonna wrestle they're gonna fight. It's no different than puppies biting and clawing at each other or a chicken trying to figure out where it belongs in the pecking order.
Chickens really care where they fall in a pecking order?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I hated the bus. Stopped taking it in 5th grade. Rode my bike, ran or walked every day. If making your kid run to school is abuse, then I guess PE would have to be as well.

Humans, along with many other species, align themselves according to a dominance hierarchy. Physical dominance is only part of the hierarchy, and will only get you so far. Competence is a much greater indicator of your position in the heirarchy.

Allowing younger children to play rough lets them learn limits and how to properly interact with others. And any schools that have limited or eliminated recess need to reinstate them and expand recess periods. Kids who are able to get physical activity throughout the day are better able to focus and less likely to be misdiagnosed wih ADHD. But I digress.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Parents of yesterday didn't have their hands tied by the courts stating that they could go to jail or be harassed by Child Services if they dissaplined their kid in public. Parents of yesteryear didn't sue the school district if little Johnney got the paddle.
Maybe we should just talk about society of yesteryear.