Faulty back doors

pbupsman

Was wondering if anyone else had a problem with the automatic back door openers. Ive been with brown for 23 years. Last Christmas I hit the button to open back door and started lifting the door. Got it about 6 inches up and it relocked and pulled my bicep tendon right out of my shoulder. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. thx

ManInBrown

It is the lock mechanism on the door. Once you click the fob you only have a certain amount of time to completely roll the door up, otherwise the lock clicks back into place

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
1. What is worker’s compensation?.. Worker’s Compensation is a system of no fault insurance that provides wage replacement and medical benefits to employees for accidental injuries or diseases related to the employee’s work.
2. Where did worker’s compensation come from?.. Before 1911, a worker who was injured in the course of his or her employment could sue his or her employer in a civil or “tort” action, which was the same remedy available to a person injured under other circumstances. The tort remedy, however, had certain problems. It required the worker to prove that the injury occurred because the employer was negligent and the employer had three important defenses: (1) that the worker was also negligent, (2) that the worker knew of the dangers involved and “assumed the risk,” or (3) that the injury occurred because of the negligence of a “fellow employee.” Under this system it was very difficult for workers to recover against their employers. If they did win, however, there were no dollar limits on what a jury could award. In 1911, Wisconsin adopted a Workmen’s Compensation Act. The new remedy is essentially a “no-fault” system under which a worker no longer has to prove negligence on the part of the employer, and the employer’s three defenses were eliminated. The intent of the law is to require an employer to promptly and accurately compensate a worker for any injury suffered on the job, regardless of the existence of any fault or whose it might be. In return, the Act limits the amount that a worker can recover. Workers are only entitled to (1) certain wage loss benefits, (2) the cost of medical treatment, and (3) certain disability payments. Under the old system, workers were able to recover for pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and other damages that a jury might award. Recovery under worker’s compensation is limited to these three areas, no matter how serious the injury.

Cannot sue your employer under Worker's Compensation in Wisconsin.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
1. What is worker’s compensation?.. Worker’s Compensation is a system of no fault insurance that provides wage replacement and medical benefits to employees for accidental injuries or diseases related to the employee’s work.
2. Where did worker’s compensation come from?.. Before 1911, a worker who was injured in the course of his or her employment could sue his or her employer in a civil or “tort” action, which was the same remedy available to a person injured under other circumstances. The tort remedy, however, had certain problems. It required the worker to prove that the injury occurred because the employer was negligent and the employer had three important defenses: (1) that the worker was also negligent, (2) that the worker knew of the dangers involved and “assumed the risk,” or (3) that the injury occurred because of the negligence of a “fellow employee.” Under this system it was very difficult for workers to recover against their employers. If they did win, however, there were no dollar limits on what a jury could award. In 1911, Wisconsin adopted a Workmen’s Compensation Act. The new remedy is essentially a “no-fault” system under which a worker no longer has to prove negligence on the part of the employer, and the employer’s three defenses were eliminated. The intent of the law is to require an employer to promptly and accurately compensate a worker for any injury suffered on the job, regardless of the existence of any fault or whose it might be. In return, the Act limits the amount that a worker can recover. Workers are only entitled to (1) certain wage loss benefits, (2) the cost of medical treatment, and (3) certain disability payments. Under the old system, workers were able to recover for pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and other damages that a jury might award. Recovery under worker’s compensation is limited to these three areas, no matter how serious the injury.

Cannot sue your employer under Worker's Compensation in Wisconsin.

Correct! But, if a management person puts you in harms way . You can, go after them personally.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Its no secret that the lock doesn't unlock forever. When you're raising the rear door you should be lifting it with a smooth motion and not trying to pull it so hard. If you have to yank it that hard it needs to be written up. Remember its a marathon, not a sprint.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I usually pull the slide with my thumb once it already opens because I'm taking my time and examining the door along the way. There's probably a dozen different things that cause the overhead to not unlock and open well. You have to move fast because you probably have 20 seconds before it returns at best.

Last edited:

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Put a soda bottle cap between the locking "arm" that the fob controls, and you won't have to worry about that pesky key fob. Best part, is that you can pop it out at the end of the night and nobody is the wiser

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Was wondering if anyone else had a problem with the automatic back door openers. Ive been with brown for 23 years. Last Christmas I hit the button to open back door and started lifting the door. Got it about 6 inches up and it relocked and pulled my bicep tendon right out of my shoulder. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. thx
Holy hell how hard are pulling?

Tough Guy

The newer trucks being brought into the line up now seem to have lighter weight rear doors.

There's a few in the older trucks though, if when its unlocked, it rolls up about a foot or two, and then it's really tough to lift beyond that.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The newer trucks being brought into the line up now seem to have lighter weight rear doors.

There's a few in the older trucks though, if when its unlocked, it rolls up about a foot or two, and then it's really tough to lift beyond that.
I've had that problem with some previous trucks back when I was a cover guy. They were usually able to fix it via an adjustment or lube, however once my previous mechanic told me he couldn't fix it due to "bad cube." I walked over to him and asked what that meant on the dvir. He showed me how the actual rear cargo area of the truck was not level. Apparently someone had backed into a dock wrong or something at some point so one side was essentially warped or bent making it so the door didn't line up right.

alwaysoverallowed

I've had this happen but I never got injured. One time my glove and hand got stuck on the handle of a door that was too loose and if it wasn't for me grabbing the other handle to stop it I surely would have atleast dislocated my fingers or wrist or even broke my hand.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had that problem and lost my truck for 2 months. I will never have that problem again. Apparently there was no money in the budget to fix my door.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I've had this happen but I never got injured. One time my glove and hand got stuck on the handle of a door that was too loose and if it wasn't for me grabbing the other handle to stop it I surely would have atleast dislocated my fingers or wrist or even broke my hand.
My attitude got dislocated, as I was driving a relic which took a football field to make a turn.

By The Book

Put a soda bottle cap between the locking "arm" that the fob controls, and you won't have to worry about that pesky key fob. Best part, is that you can pop it out at the end of the night and nobody is the wiser
Do you need the key fob at this point, or can you just grab the handle and open the door.

wayfair

swollen member
Its no secret that the lock doesn't unlock forever. When you're raising the rear door you should be lifting it with a smooth motion and not trying to pull it so hard. If you have to yank it that hard it needs to be written up. Remember its a marathon, not a sprint.

I keep writing it up and they continue to replace the rollers on the door...

my DVIR states... "please adjust the back door SPRING"