Favoritism or Discrimination??? How do I win this fight within the building with the union?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Alright kids, I think this thread has probably run its course.

OP, you're brand new. You aren't getting accommodated anymore because you were involved in too much drama. Regardless of who's at fault, UPS is just going to look at the common denominators.

If you don't call in before start time, it's a no call no show. They are correct.

If you don't have a bid preferred job, you have to be able to (physically) perform any job on your shift. If you can't, then UPS is well within their rights to make you get cleared by a doctor.

This is likely not the best job for you. It doesn't get easier, and if you're starting out hurt, you'll be broken long before you make it to retirement.

Not trying to be mean. Just realistic.

Thank you baby Jesus
She was about to get on my nerves

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
That's all I am saying! I wouldn't have been on this board if they understood that. I thought me keeping my head down and doing my job was enough to keep me from dealing with issues. Thing is, I was the youngest, I'm almost 40 in the immediate area I was placed. The other ladies are knocking on 60 if not older.
Don't matter, you do your job, and if that's to send things down, that's what you do, your injury don't effect you from doing your job, if things get shut down then it is on her

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I have talked to people that are in management at more important roles in the workforce and government jobs. It does not have to be in writing, unless that is a UPS thing, but per labor law just the act and verbal communication is enough. Is it better to have it on paper, yes, but explain why you accommodated me during my probationary period to begin with?
Everything should always be in written, anything in life that can affect you negatively in a financial way should be in written, things change, people change, volume changes, work area changes, always cover yourself, this isn't the 50s, verbal word don't mean much anymore

CantGetRight

Thank you baby Jesus
She was about to get on my nerves
I'm just getting warmed up. You are on my post. You know there are many more topics on this platform for you to check out. Sound like to me somebody that is mentally stuck and unable to disassociate himself from the thread. You must find this post interesting or you wouldn't still be here. Awwww Lil burr burr don't know how to leave the nest, let mama help you fly. Bye!

CantGetRight

Everything should always be in written, anything in life that can affect you negatively in a financial way should be in written, things change, people change, volume changes, work area changes, always cover yourself, this isn't the 50s, verbal word don't mean much anymore
The thing about that is he doesnt even want to put it in writing. Which I find that even more sinister because I feel that he is trying to blindside me seeing that I have only been there 3 months. He told me to get a doctor's release and that I couldn't work until I get one. I asked him to put that in writing and he refused. Now my concern is that he will try to terminate me after 3 days for no call no show, knowing he told me to get a doctor's release. How would I have any way of proving that if this issue comes up. It's obvious to me at this point that there is some underlying issues involved because he been knew about my back injury and now he want to start acting like a butthole and messing with my money.

Thebrownblob

Why are you mad though? Worry about yourself. You are the problem in America. Constantly using your twitter fingers to speak on topics you only have a glimpse of. The stupidity you spew is wreckless and ironic.
1670418145230.gif

CantGetRight

Did you not understand the physicality of working for UPS when you took the job???
I did and just so happen I started out in the area which I honestly think I wouldn't have made it this far. I was trying my luck and he placed me there before and after I complained about my injury. No one can be mad that I have only been there 3 months and voiced my issue with management and I had an agreement/accommodation with him. New employees get screwed around the worst and I am trying to work like everyone else. The manager was wrong for going into an agreement/accommodation to begin with, knowing about this issue from the start. I am not wrong for continuing to come to work and get a permanent position only for him to backtrack now. I would have been gone had he not allowed it. He was wrong!

Thebrownblob

A lot of back-and-forth going on here but you need to understand you do not have an accommodation or anything that would guarantee you that work unless you’ve got a bid position. Just because some scrub part-time supervisor or even the full-time supervisor let you do a job that might be preferred outside of your seniority does not mean you’re going to keep it from one day to the next or even from one hour to the next. Any deal that you had that is outside a contractual agreement means absolutely nothing.. come to work prepared to unload and load. If you get to do an easier job then you just got lucky. You definitely do not have an ADA accommodation with this company.

CantGetRight

A lot of back-and-forth going on here but you need to understand you do not have an accommodation or anything that would guarantee you that work unless you’ve got a bid position. Just because some scrub part-time supervisor or even the full-time supervisor let you do a job that might be preferred outside of your seniority does not mean you’re going to keep it from one day to the next or even from one hour to the next. Any deal that you had that is outside a contractual agreement means absolutely nothing.. come to work prepared to unload and load. If you get to do an easier job then you just got lucky. You definitely do not have an ADA accommodation with this company.
It was the manager, not a supervisor but I get where you coming from.

Thebrownblob

It was the manager, not a supervisor but I get where you coming from.
It doesn’t matter they don’t get to decide those things on their own. They have so little power. They don’t even get to fire people directly. They can only take them out of service, pending a hearing that goes through the union as well.

CantGetRight

It doesn’t matter they don’t get to decide those things on their own. They have so little power. They don’t even get to fire people directly. They can only take them out of service, pending a hearing that goes through the union as well.
I'm really past all that because one of us at least has more knowledge of the operations and it clearly isn't me. I am trying to find out now that I have to be released by a doctor, how do I keep management from trying to blindside me knowing they put me off the clock and cover my ass from them trying to flip it and say I no called no showed while I am going to be out. I plan to file grievances with the union rep but my concern there is that I am not officially in. I just received the form yesterday to sign up for the union.

Thebrownblob

I'm really past all that because one of us at least has more knowledge of the operations and it clearly isn't me. I am trying to find out now that I have to be released by a doctor, how do I keep management from trying to blindside me knowing they put me off the clock and cover my ass from them trying to flip it and say I no called no showed while I am going to be out. I plan to file grievances with the union rep but my concern there is that I am not officially in. I just received the form yesterday to sign up for the union.
Did you report to work? Did you have your return to work paperwork from the doctor? Contact your union representation. If you did this you will not get fired. It’s never a good idea to discuss your previous work injuries with management. If you injure yourself, talk to a workcomp lawyer. My local has one we use all the time..

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
@CantGetRight

Here is some reading material for you. This just skims the surface....

Thebrownblob

@CantGetRight

Here is some reading material for you. This just skims the surface....

You’re much more likely to get deemed medically unfit to work at UPS than a ADA accommodation.

CantGetRight

Did you report to work? Did you have your return to work paperwork from the doctor? Contact your union representation. If you did this you will not get fired. It’s never a good idea to discuss your previous work injuries with management. If you injure yourself, talk to a workcomp lawyer. My local has one we use all the time..
Damn now I know. I was trying to be upfront not realizing I'm dealing with some people who are historically untrustworthy from the sound of it. Lol. No, I was just told that I can't work yesterday when I reported to work. The union was there while we had this discussion with management. My Doctors appt is on the 9th.

Thebrownblob

Damn now I know. I was trying to be upfront not realizing I'm dealing with some people who are historically untrustworthy from the sound of it. Lol. No, I was just told that I can't work yesterday when I reported to work. My Doctors appt is on the 9th.
The very fact you’re going to your own doctor means UPS is accepting no liability for this injury contact legal representation ASAP