FDX is trying to buy DHL?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
They seriously are... read today top news stories.

There's got to be a joke in there somewhere.

You know, like FedUPS.

:funny:

david cassin

dublinbrown
intresting ,i wonder if they are up for sale surely deutsche post would be looking for the best price so ups may bid...
will our new ceo show his strength and spend some of the reserve cash we have in order to go forward:wink2:.
dhl need the cash as they paid well over the odds for exel .

ups79

intresting ,i wonder if they are up for sale surely deutsche post would be looking for the best price so ups may bid...
will our new ceo show his strength and spend some of the reserve cash we have in order to go forward:wink2:.
dhl need the cash as they paid well over the odds for exel .

Don't know for sure what you are buying, perhaps several thousand ran down yellow and red vans. The volume is bid on each year so there is no guarantee that it would always be their. To me all you are buying is "good will". How much "good will" could possibly result in DHL?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The latest news that Cheryl posted is that FedEx would receive "a larger presence in Europe" if they were to buy the floundering US unit of DHL. That statement, if true, gives this rumor a lot of credibility, because FedEx hasn't really done all that well in the European market. DHL's US aircraft and sort facilities might be desirable, but having a duplicate air and ground system doesn't really make any sense.There would have to be something extra to sweeten the deal, and a slice of European operations might be it. Most of DHL is also union, and if FedEx bought them it would probably be contingent upon de-certification. When FedEx bought Flying Tigers back in 1989, anyone who wanted to work for FedEx had to leave the IAM. The one group that wouldn't de-certify, the Flying Tigers flight attendants, were quickly done away with when Tigers passenger ops were discontinued.

COSMOS

This would most likely result in FedEx Express handling most of DHL's US volume. And DHL filling some of FedEx's holes in Europe. Just because DHL denies the rumor don't count the deal out.

Why does Fedex continue to try and outdo the competition? I personally thought it was enough when we bought -out Kinko's trying to keep up with UPS. What a JOKE!
I can understand keeping up with competition but companies should at least have decent business runnings on existing acquisitions before buying new ones. Just the other day I noticed a Fedex National truck, what company did that used to be? Feel like the little integrity that this company once had is out the door! :greedy:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
DHL can deny it, but I'm sure talks are going on anyway. And nobody is more elusive and evasive than Fred, so whatever FedEx is saying is probably BS as well.

Pretty soon we're going to need a little FedEx directory to tell us how many FedEx entities there actually are. I know the customers are thoroughly confused. So far, I'm aware of the following component companies:
1. Express
2. Ground
3. Custom Critical
4. Trade Networks
5. Kinko's
6. National LTL
7.Home Delivery
8.Freight
Any others???

moodaddy247

I can't drive 55
Seeking to cut losses in the hyper-competitive domestic fast delivery business, Deutsche Post may move to trim its DHL business in the United States, without abandoning it completely, according to published reports on Friday.
Deutsche Post CFO John Allan was quoted by Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, a German newspaper, that a total sale of DHL in the U.S. is "very, very unlikely."
A deal could be in the works by May at the latest, according to the report.
Shares of FedEx rose 1.6% to end at $89.96, bucking the move down in the overall market. UPS fell 1.8% to $69.97.

A spokesman for Memphis-based FedEx didn't return a phone call from MarketWatch.
Analyst Rick Paterson of UBS said FedEx doesn't really need DHL's U.S. delivery assets, and that it simply has to wait for it to lose ground over time to eventually win over its domestic market share.
FedEx, however, would benefit if DHL allowed it to become the U.S. distributor of its hefty package traffic originating in Europe and Asia, he said.
FedEx would have the edge in any talks because Deutsche Post is under pressure from shareholders to produce some kind of value for DHL.

with apologies to wsj.com

ups79

Seeking to cut losses in the hyper-competitive domestic fast delivery business, Deutsche Post may move to trim its DHL business in the United States, without abandoning it completely, according to published reports on Friday.
Deutsche Post CFO John Allan was quoted by Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, a German newspaper, that a total sale of DHL in the U.S. is "very, very unlikely."
A deal could be in the works by May at the latest, according to the report.
Shares of FedEx rose 1.6% to end at $89.96, bucking the move down in the overall market. UPS fell 1.8% to $69.97.

A spokesman for Memphis-based FedEx didn't return a phone call from MarketWatch.
Analyst Rick Paterson of UBS said FedEx doesn't really need DHL's U.S. delivery assets, and that it simply has to wait for it to lose ground over time to eventually win over its domestic market share.
FedEx, however, would benefit if DHL allowed it to become the U.S. distributor of its hefty package traffic originating in Europe and Asia, he said.
FedEx would have the edge in any talks because Deutsche Post is under pressure from shareholders to produce some kind of value for DHL.

with apologies to wsj.com

Sounds like Rick Patterson and I agree. Why pay money for something you are going to end up getting or sharing with another?

D

DHLMAN

DHL Driver in New York and have heard all the rumors for a few weeks. The Company is telling us they have no intention of selling anything.(like they would tell us the truth.) We make most of our money on int shipments so It would fit good with UPS or FEDex. But the antitrust issues would be the roadblock.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm not sure anti-trust issues would be that big of a deal. And you're not alone in being left in the dark by DHL. FedEx isn't telling us anything either. If we do buy DHL, however, you can kiss being a Teamster good-bye. You can bet that Fred S would require you to de-certify before finalizing any deals. When we bought Flying Tigers in 1989, every Tigers employee but the flight attendants de-certified. A few months later Smith eliminated passenger operations, and the flight attendants were history. And from what Tigers people have told me, passenger charters were pretty lucrative. Fred S really hates unions...be prepared.

moodaddy247

I can't drive 55
DHL Driver in New York and have heard all the rumors for a few weeks. The Company is telling us they have no intention of selling anything.(like they would tell us the truth.) We make most of our money on int shipments so It would fit good with UPS or FEDex. But the antitrust issues would be the roadblock.
Business For Sale
DHL AND FREIGHT SERVICE

Attn: Wasim Rahman
Temecula, CA, USA Listing Number: "020708"

Asking Price:$95,000 USD USA Dollars Business for Sale Industry:Services: Business and Office Reason for Selling: Pursue Other BusinessYear Established: 2003Yearly Revenues: $95,000Yearly Cash Flow: $78,000Yearly Net Profit: $78,000

Busines for Sale Overview:

Opportunity to acquire the rights to resell the multi-billion dollar DHL Worldwide Express shipping services as well as the most reputable Air Freight carriers in the industry (i.e. Roadway, Yellow, FedEx Freight, Watkins, Motor Cargo etc.) in the biggest market in the world for transportation services here in Riverside County area. Buyer purchase the whole territory, will own all rights to market this location, provide all transportation services to all business located in the territory, excellent margins on business sales. Your company will speak to business prospects currently shipping with FedEx, UPS, and any LTL carriers offer them rates which are discounted significantly below their rates, and sign them up for a direct DHL account. Not only will Buyer handle the small letter envelopes and packages, will be able to offer a state of the art online rating system for their LTL, FTL, and Air Freight as well. Will be able to make great profit margins and a Residual Income without even having to call in the customer pickup. Every account sign up with DHL is encoded to Buyer, so it becomes Buyer account. As a DHL and Freight independent contractor, Buyer will benefit from heavily discounted costs for every type of package and location with contracts setup for several years to come. costs are extremely low so buyer will be able to save customers anywhere from 5 - 80% off their current shipping bills while maintaining an overall profit margin of 25-30%. Can be Run from home or from a small office
Additional Details:

• The property is leased.
  • The owner is willing to train/assist the new owner.
  • The owner is not willing to work for the new owner.
  • This may become a homebased business opportunity.
  • This may become a franchise resale opportunity.
  • This is not a distressed business or bankruptcy situation.
  • ARE YOU KIDDIN' ME????