fed x rehire ?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by matt bob, Apr 18, 2019.

1. matt bob

matt bob New Member

I retired in 2018 to take care of a family member, left in good standing, 21 years. there is no more casual, any one know about being rehired? , express

2. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

After 21 years, I think it's best to stay away from FedEx once you left. I did after nearly the same amount of time and never regretted it. There's other places to work without all the excessive corporate BS.

3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I know about it .

4. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

Seems someone said not too long ago that retirees receiving their pension can now return and work as much as they want and still get their pension. There was a restriction of no more than 70 hours a month, but I believe that's been removed. Of course that needs to be verified. But if you left in good standing you should have no problem getting rehired. I did, twice. You will start over at starting pay, but at least with the new pay plan you'll be up to better money in 4-5 years. If you're able to keep your pension that won't matter.

5. Route 66

Route 66 Socially Unacceptable Member

The retiree “casual” was eliminated as of 12/31/18.

6. MassWineGuy

MassWineGuy Well-Known Member

I believe Van T. is correct. I heard at work recently that the retired casual program is going to start again.