FedEx confirms that the employee at the Memphis hub who was injured early Wednesday morning has died

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Ok,
So, what's the latest news?
Rumor at our sta. is something to the effect that dude was on/near a scissor lift when something went wrong.

They never even mentioned it at our AM meeting this AM.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
You won't get any news from management at work about this. Last thing they want is for employees to know the truth about anything.
exactly right. If FedEx truly gave one rip about employee safety they'd release the details of these accidents (they don't need to get gory) so hopefully they will never again be repeated.

But no, all you'll ever get is your monthly safety reminder "eliminate backing", "lift with your knees", "wear ear plugs on the ramp", "stay hydrated", "don't stick your tongue on an icy pole", don't leave your vehicle running", on and on etc with the same tired 'no duh' BS we've heard and known forever....oh and don't forget to code 32 it on your timecard in case we ever need to use it against you (or your next-of-kin) in a court of law.

Bringdough

It sounds to me that it was equipment failure. But OSHA may have told fedex to hold off giving information until the investigation is over. I want to know what happened as well, after all I operate a k loader every night.

Sent using BrownCafe App

barnyard

KTM rider
Yep. The real concern here is for PR, not the employee. That is very wrong.

I would bet what is being said or not said is currently dictated by the OSHA investigation. I would also bet that in the coming weeks, you will see some new safety training and that will be related to the death.

fedex_rtd

Does seem a bit out of the ordinary that FedEx would offer to pay for the funeral right off the bat. This company rarely spends money without a reason.

SmithBarney

Does seem a bit out of the ordinary that FedEx would offer to pay for the funeral right off the bat. This company rarely spends money without a reason.

It falls under our "insurance" Accidental Death Dismemberment that most of us have. if you are killed or injured on the job... so our "self funded" insurance pays for it... FedEx just trying to make itself look good for the press, but its an already existing plan.

Fedex Guy

exactly right. If FedEx truly gave one rip about employee safety they'd release the details of these accidents (they don't need to get gory) so hopefully they will never again be repeated.

But no, all you'll ever get is your monthly safety reminder "eliminate backing", "lift with your knees", "wear ear plugs on the ramp", "stay hydrated", "don't stick your tongue on an icy pole", don't leave your vehicle running", on and on etc with the same tired 'no duh' BS we've heard and known forever....oh and don't forget to code 32 it on your timecard in case we ever need to use it against you (or your next-of-kin) in a court of law.
LMAO @ Icey pole!

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.