FedEx employee dies at Memphis airport hub overnight

floridays

I call that a lie. I saw him Thanksgiving Friday and he told me a story as to what happened. He described offload equipment that I was not familiar with. Other than the old FMC and cargo-matics, I know nothing about loading planes. Not to say he is right and you could be wrong. Either way, something bad happened and someone didn't come home that night.
MFE loves to place blame on the company anytime something happens and fails to think about a person losing their life. He just relishes the opportunity to spew more hatred toward the company. That is really sad.

Fart, I didn't bring up mfe (no capitalization, he doesn't merit it), however all you see is good in the company.
I have not attempted to affix blame on any party. Something bad (deadly) did happen and it was not "hair and conveyor belt," related. You're probably a good man though, just tone down being a fedex apologist.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I didn't realize he was there. My mistake.

Like I said, let the investigation take place and I am sure some changes in equipment or procedures will take place. It is a shame something like this has to happen but when there are 8k or so humans around equipment and the size and speed of the workings, things will happen. A lady went to work and didn't make it home and that sucks.

The investigation will be conducted, reports completed yet nothing will change.

Oldfart

Employee who died at FedEx hub identified by police looks like her hair wasn't very long so I'd rule that out personally. The rumors I've heard at memh was that she was run over unlikely but not impossible. Again though thats just fellow employees speculating.
Length and height are 2 different things but can be a danger either way. Since floridays knows all the facts and tells me I was given bad info, I guess hair was not involved.

Oldfart

You're probably a good man though, just tone down being a fedex apologist.
I have seen more good and bad from the company than most on here. I just don't dwell on the negatives like operational and tex and many of the other miserables. I prefer to find a bright spot in most anything, while people like them dwell on every negative and rarely seem happy. Bummer

vantexan

I have seen more good and bad from the company than most on here. I just don't dwell on the negatives like operational and tex and many of the other miserables. I prefer to find a bright spot in most anything, while people like them dwell on every negative and rarely seem happy. Bummer
You're happy because you got better pay, a full traditional pension on better pay, and even more money with the portable. And act like those who didn't get all that should be thrilled with a lot less. We were constantly lied to, should we be happy with that?

Oldfart

You're happy because you got better pay, a full traditional pension on better pay, and even more money with the portable. And act like those who didn't get all that should be thrilled with a lot less. We were constantly lied to, should we be happy with that?
There is that BROKEN record speech you have repeated 100's of times. They could have kept you in the Traditional, doubled your Portable % and paid you twice as much and you would still bitch and whine. You just can't help it. Bummer

floridays

Length and height are 2 different things but can be a danger either way. Since floridays knows all the facts and tells me I was given bad info, I guess hair was not involved.
I never said I knew all the facts, merely said your hair and belt story was erroneous.

vantexan

There is that BROKEN record speech you have repeated 100's of times. They could have kept you in the Traditional, doubled your Portable % and paid you twice as much and you would still bitch and whine. You just can't help it. Bummer
And you are a bald faced liar. Give me what you have and I wouldn't be participating here. You constantly cover for the company but they screwed over tens of thousands of employees. You and they prove the adage "birds of a feather flock together."

Oldfart

I never said I knew all the facts, merely said your hair and belt story was erroneous.
You must have facts if you insist the mechanic gave me bad info. In order for you to say I am wrong, you have to know what is right.

Still doesn't matter who is right or wrong. Move on.

Oldfart

And you are a bald faced liar. Give me what you have and I wouldn't be participating here. You constantly cover for the company but they screwed over tens of thousands of employees. You and they prove the adage "birds of a feather flock together."
Broken record part deux.

Born miserable. Raised miserable. Lived miserable. You will die miserable. Bummer

vantexan

You've been in one place your entire "career" so you don't have a clue what goes on. Bummer.