FedEx contractor revolt?

bacha29

Yep, and it sounds like right now FedEx wants to give them the less profitable rural areas.
Donald Broughton of Broughton Capital a guy who forgot more about trucking and transportation in general ( and he even knows more than Dano lol) was on CNBC the morning it was announced that Bezos was going to haul his own junk and simply said that Bezos was going to take the easy in town stuff and dump the money losing rural areas onto the USPS and that's exactly what he did.

It would appear that Fat Freddy is going to do the same thing with Express using the "it's right along your way" justification to dump it off onto the rural route Ground contractor. Well, it's NOT right along your way and chances are it won't pay anymore and perhaps like Smart Post another class of boxes that's not "right along your way" or "you're going right past it" it too might even pay less than what standard Ground paid the contractor. Those RD's will just eat you up.

The basic business model and operating plan still remains unchanged after nearly 40 years. The design was meant to augment Roadway LTL by taking off it small B to B shipments or to take stops that a semi could get in and out of. Now here's Fat Freddy trying to find away to serve another type of market in addition to the 4 or 5 that he has already encumbered it with.

The best this OPCO is going to do will be to perform so badly that the transportation market will reject it outright and in mass if it doesn't completely collapse altogether.

Artee

Oh, absolutely they are moving some freight. Like I said before on several occasions, customers don't care how lousy Ground is.
Actually customers do care. I am on the largest 4x4 site in the world and these guys complain about how :censored2:ty the service is from ground. Huge thread on it. From packages never arriving and being lost, damaged parts, to mis deliveries of their stuff to other addresses, to leaving deliveries out in the open or at the end of the driveway by the street. They hate FDX. They love UPS. The UPS driver knowns them and makes sure the packages are hidden or put in a secure location.

Are there issues with the UPS deliveries once in a while? Sure. But they pale in comparison to the service they receive from FDX. Some guys will cancel orders with a merchant because they only offer the shipping option from FDX. They will purchase from someone that uses UPS. In the last handful of months the local Facebook pages have been railing on FDX. For a while, every week there was a new topic started about how bad FDX is here in town.

If you don't think the customers don't care or don't notice the level of service they are receiving between FDX and specifically UPS, you are very mistaken.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
This thread is titled "FedEx contractor revolt?". With Patton gone, I am under the strong impression that this "revolt" isn't happening.
The belief was that Patton was going to lead to all sorts of changes. Became pretty evident how much of a paper tiger he is.

59 Dano

Actually customers do care. I am on the largest 4x4 site in the world and these guys complain about how :censored2:ty the service is from ground. Huge thread on it. From packages never arriving and being lost, damaged parts, to mis deliveries of their stuff to other addresses, to leaving deliveries out in the open or at the end of the driveway by the street. They hate FDX. They love UPS. The UPS driver knowns them and makes sure the packages are hidden or put in a secure location.

Are there issues with the UPS deliveries once in a while? Sure. But they pale in comparison to the service they receive from FDX. Some guys will cancel orders with a merchant because they only offer the shipping option from FDX. They will purchase from someone that uses UPS. In the last handful of months the local Facebook pages have been railing on FDX. For a while, every week there was a new topic started about how bad FDX is here in town.

If you don't think the customers don't care or don't notice the level of service they are receiving between FDX and specifically UPS, you are very mistaken.
When Ground's freight rises and falls with everyone else's, it tells me that people don't care because they still use them.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

It’s union pride

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Bud, I told you that customers don't care who delivers their packages. If you're triggered by that, take it up with the customers. They're the ones who tolerate it.

Otherwise, I now return you back to your regularly scheduled programming where you and some other clown just like you blow smoke up each other's rear ends because that's all you know to do. This board isn't your affirmation clearinghouse. And if you don't like my posts, or me, then don't read my posts. I don't care what you like.
"According to Ipsos, an astounding 85% of online shoppers said they would switch to a competitor if they have what they perceive as a negative delivery experience. And per Khoros, 83% of consumers factor in customer service quality when making a purchase decision." FedEx, Cart.com form strategic alliance to tackle e-commerce

Here's a helping hand......................https://www.recipelion.com/Misc-Meats/Crow-Pie

bacha29

"According to Ipsos, an astounding 85% of online shoppers said they would switch to a competitor if they have what they perceive as a negative delivery experience. And per Khoros, 83% of consumers factor in customer service quality when making a purchase decision." FedEx, Cart.com form strategic alliance to tackle e-commerce

Here's a helping hand......................https://www.recipelion.com/Misc-Meats/Crow-Pie
Good piece of research Fred. At the same time however 6 day a week doorstep e-commerce out here in the rural areas is simply becoming too damn expensive to operate.
Here where I live we've got 2 Dollar Generals, Ollies, Rose's the big size WM supercenter, Lowes. Rural King, AT&T Verizon, Big Lots, Dollar Tree TSC and one of the region's biggest gun dealers all within a 1/2 of one another. And for many people around here getting their list together and heading out there on the weekend shopping is still a big deal for them.

If one of those vendors didn't have what you wanted chances are you didn't need it in the first place.

Now given that out here where steps, panel vans and cutaways are worn out in 3 years and that's a fact combined with the contractor not receiving the full fuel surcharges billed to the shipper and even if they are hauling air box they're going to be in for a rough go of it going forward.

59 Dano

"Wow I can't believe Ground isn't out of business. That article says they should be."

MAKAVELI

Dano can only argue against strawmen. There are no problems unless the company is going out of business. If it’s not total failure everything is fine.
@59 Dano at stretch and flex.
leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif

59 Dano

You should actually read an article before paraphrasing and posting something it doesn’t say.
Well, the point that I made was that no one cares if it's Express or the Ground throwbacks that deliver their packages. You can put as much stock as you want in polls, surveys, and speculation. I'm sure they're interesting. Doesn't matter to me what they say when the alternative is real results.
Dano can only argue against strawmen. There are no problems unless the company is going out of business. If it’s not total failure everything is fine.
When people make one laughably flawed assessment of things after another, each accompanied by a laughably flawed predicted result that will occur because of it, strawmen aren't needed. Is THIS TIME the time they're going to get it right?

floridays

Well, the point that I made was that no one cares if it's Express or the Ground throwbacks that deliver their packages. You can put as much stock as you want in polls, surveys, and speculation. I'm sure they're interesting. Doesn't matter to me what they say when the alternative is real results.

When people make one laughably flawed assessment of things after another, each accompanied by a laughably flawed predicted result that will occur because of it, strawmen aren't needed. Is THIS TIME the time they're going to get it right?
Did you state previously Fedex Express would not move freight to ground?

It is a yes or no.

You do not have the nuts to respond.
Do your search.

Last edited:

59 Dano

Did you state previously Fedex Express would not move freight to ground?

It is a yes or no.

You do not have the nuts to respond.
Do your search.
I never said that there was never any circumstance in which Express would never, ever move any freight to Ground.

59 Dano

Exactly! He’s been saying that for a year or more and I’ll bet you he’ll deny it!
Why would I be saying for a year that no freight would ever go to Ground when we've been discussing LMO for nearly 3 years??? Try to keep up.

yadig

Why would I be saying for a year that no freight would ever go to Ground when we've been discussing LMO for nearly 3 years??? Try to keep up.
I said that all of express will be delivered by ground and you disagreed. Ttku