FedEx driver killed in head on collision

SmithBarney

Prayers to the families,

I thought it was a step van at first, but I was told it was a GMC cutaway van with a box. Either way someone was flying, the damage is insane, the combined speeds musta been high.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
FedEx driver killed in head-on crash on Snow Hill Road in Seminole County

Damn. I thought these trucks would be a little sturdier. Incredible that the other guy survived though, at least for now. Hard to imagine anyone surviving that kind of damage. Thoughts and prayers to both of them and their families.
We recently had a bad accident between an electrical service truck (same type of truck we drive) and A newer Chevy truck.

The Chevy was going to rearend someone so he crossed the line before even looking to see if anyone was coming. 50 mph head on. The newer truck crumpled back about 3 feet. The cab was in perfect condition guy walked away. The service truck folded into the cab like a Cheap tent and the guy was airlifted away but survived thank goodness.

Last edited:

Justaloader

You guys would probably appeciate the stuff I see daily (I handle auto claims for the company I work for - my 9-5 job). I have pictures of a van that a guy ran into the end of a guard rail at about 70 mph. The rail actually speared the van. It shifted the engine to the left (snapped the motor mounts), came through the floor board, through the driver's side seat, and out the driver's side panel of the van. Interestingly, the driver was fine - didn't have his seat belt on, so when he initially hit the rail, it threw him up into the windshield. He came to rest on the guard rail after it speared the van. Crazy stuff. Pictures below.
16731715_1245634115472998_181834158_o.jpg
16734936_1245634118806331_1595513801_o.jpg
16763633_1245634108806332_1745674504_o.jpg
16776331_1245634112139665_1192673447_o.jpg
16776348_1245634105472999_90468818_o.jpg

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
You guys would probably appeciate the stuff I see daily (I handle auto claims for the company I work for - my 9-5 job). I have pictures of a van that a guy ran into the end of a guard rail at about 70 mph. The rail actually speared the van. It shifted the engine to the left (snapped the motor mounts), came through the floor board, through the driver's side seat, and out the driver's side panel of the van. Interestingly, the driver was fine - didn't have his seat belt on, so when he initially hit the rail, it threw him up into the windshield. He came to rest on the guard rail after it speared the van. Crazy stuff. Pictures below. View attachment 265506 View attachment 265507 View attachment 265508 View attachment 265509 View attachment 265510
Wow.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You guys would probably appeciate the stuff I see daily (I handle auto claims for the company I work for - my 9-5 job). I have pictures of a van that a guy ran into the end of a guard rail at about 70 mph. The rail actually speared the van. It shifted the engine to the left (snapped the motor mounts), came through the floor board, through the driver's side seat, and out the driver's side panel of the van. Interestingly, the driver was fine - didn't have his seat belt on, so when he initially hit the rail, it threw him up into the windshield. He came to rest on the guard rail after it speared the van. Crazy stuff. Pictures below. View attachment 265506 View attachment 265507 View attachment 265508 View attachment 265509 View attachment 265510
I sure hope he said a prayer of thanks.

Days

So if he had been wearing a set belt he’d be dead?

Arch

Justaloader

From the video there was nothing to obstruct a driver view. One or both of the drivers must have been distracted. Probably phone related.

Possibly, or perhaps a vehicle failure (tire blowout).....won't know until the investigation is done (which, I wouldn't be surprised if the results of which aren't made available to the public).

Heavy Package

What we do everyday is dangerous. I can't imagine driving a feeder at night in bad weather. The crap in the back of the truck is just not worth getting injured over, less alone seriously hurt or killed.