Fedex Driver Saved From Burning Van

Schweddy

Balls
Maybe the news meant station.. we all know express doesn't take their vehicle home after work, unless lunch break.

The old timers on vacation might have been driving ridiculously slow.

There are plenty of scenarios to speculate and no reason to think that the news has the entire story as written.

On a different note, I think it's funny oldwaft hides behind his 40 years with Fred but has obviously never tried/succeeded in getting a different job. However, you are quick to tell others to leave. Threatened by successful coworkers much?

I think people have said it before, you might be happy with your situation but you are extremely rare and atypical. You are likely the only one in your station that feels that way, too. You like that people hate your 6 weeks of vacation and you rub it in their face. You're a selfish little bully with worn knee pads. You are definitely used to getting what you want. If you went somewhere else, you know you wouldn't last even one week with your egotistical and unprofessional demeanor. You remind me of my crooked management.. always pushing people around and talking down to people. What ye say, narc?

By The Book

I'm glad she will eventually be ok. Could this accident have been avoided...yes. Have we all been in a hurry at some point in our career where we've taken a risk that could of turned out bad....probably. Whatever situation she was in it wasn't an excuse for her making the decision that she did. We can't blame the company for her not making safe driving choices on a daily basis.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
takes some balls to be passing people blindly uphill and in a fedex vehicle. unbelievable.

This. OF conveniently fails to mention that it was Peak and this driver was probably swamped, and in a rural area where it's easy to speed to make-up time. Many can't stand the pressure to perform and drive like crazy people to make service.

Guess what? That's what they want. Just don't have an accident and don't get caught speeding. As long as you're "productive", nobody is going to say squat.

And if you get killed, Memphis will worry about the packages, not you. Nobody will hold a huge service for you (only if you are a FedEx pilot), and your family will get a cheap flower arrangement. Even if this courier was "going home",she was still on the clock.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Hey genius, did you even read or watch the story? It said she was HEADING HOME AFTER FINISHING HER ROUTE.
Gee thanks for "kind words" Mr. Wealth of Knowledge. Must be a real treat working along side you (that is assuming you're old enough for a driver's license.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Oldfart

Passing on a blind hill is a huge mistake but you don't have all the facts either. You sound like some scumbag lawyer trying to defend a company that is totally innocent from any wrong doing anywhere since the beginning of time. You don't know FedEx as well as you think you do.
Like I said * There is no excuse for passing on a blind hill. You can't blame the company for a driver using poor judgement in breaking the most basic driving rule.

Even a 16 yr old kids know not to pass on a blind hill.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oldfart

Maybe the news meant station.. we all know express doesn't take their vehicle home after work, unless lunch break.

The old timers on vacation might have been driving ridiculously slow.

There are plenty of scenarios to speculate and no reason to think that the news has the entire story as written.

On a different note, I think it's funny oldwaft hides behind his 40 years with Fred but has obviously never tried/succeeded in getting a different job. However, you are quick to tell others to leave. Threatened by successful coworkers much?

I think people have said it before, you might be happy with your situation but you are extremely rare and atypical. You are likely the only one in your station that feels that way, too. You like that people hate your 6 weeks of vacation and you rub it in their face. You're a selfish little bully with worn knee pads. You are definitely used to getting what you want. If you went somewhere else, you know you wouldn't last even one week with your egotistical and unprofessional demeanor. You remind me of my crooked management.. always pushing people around and talking down to people. What ye say, narc?
I like my job, no need to move to a different position. I make a good living and have good benefits and mean lots of interesting people on a daily basis. I work m-friend and daytime hrs doing a job that takes nothing but common sense and some physical force, not much else. Many people with college degrees don't make what we make. Just consider many of the people that we deliver to in warehouses with no air in the summer and very little heat in the winter making half of what we make. I suggest to the miserable people on here that they should find another job if their present job upsets them too much. Only a dumb asz would work a job they hate and complain about it every day. It appears you, cactus and MFE all fit that label to a t.

Oldfart

This. OF conveniently fails to mention that it was Peak and this driver was probably swamped, and in a rural area where it's easy to speed to make-up time. Many can't stand the pressure to perform and drive like crazy people to make service.

Guess what? That's what they want. Just don't have an accident and don't get caught speeding. As long as you're "productive", nobody is going to say squat.

And if you get killed, Memphis will worry about the packages, not you. Nobody will hold a huge service for you (only if you are a FedEx pilot), and your family will get a cheap flower arrangement. Even if this courier was "going home",she was still on the clock.
There is that word PROBABLY again. You are so quick to blame the company that you say PROBABLY. Everyone has been in a hurry, but not everyone passes on a blind hill. One thing we know for sure, she made a big driving error and it almost cost her and others their life. There is no PROBABLY in that sentence. That is a fact. I am glad she is ok and I am sure she will learn from her mistake. I bet she PROBABLY won't do it again.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Like I said I'm a dick' head. There is no excuse for passing on a blind hill. You can't blame the company for a driver using poor judgement in breaking the most basic driving rule.

Even a 16 yr old kids know not to pass on a blind hill.
Read my posts 11 and 18. I specifically said that passing on a blind hill was a huge mistake. Or can't you read when you're so full of anger?

Oldfart

Read my posts 11 and 18. I specifically said that passing on a blind hill was a huge mistake. Or can't you read when you're so full of anger?
You also continue to blame the company even when you don't have all the facts. Neither do I, but 1 fact is clear. She was alone and nobody but her is to blame. No matter how busy you are, careless driving is not the answer. You might get away with it for a while but it almost always catches up to you. Unfortunately, it takes a tragedy to learn the lesson.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You also continue to blame the company even when you don't have all the facts. Neither do I, but 1 fact is clear. She was alone and nobody but her is to blame. No matter how busy you are, careless driving is not the answer. You might get away with it for a while but it almost always catches up to you. Unfortunately, it takes a tragedy to learn the lesson.

The company will certainly throw her under the bus, as soon as the publicity dies down. Careless driving is always ultimately the driver's fault, but FedEx certainly encourages people to drive crazy by always pushing for more productivity.

"Safety" is a joke at FedEx. Ground is the worst, but Express isn't far behind.

Oldfart

The company will certainly throw her under the bus, as soon as the publicity dies down. Careless driving is always ultimately the driver's fault, but FedEx certainly encourages people to drive crazy by always pushing for more productivity.

The job is all about being organized and having common sense. People like you that posses neither of those traits are forced to drive crazy. The rest of us follow safe practices and don't pass cars on a blind hill.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The job is all about being organized and having common sense. People like you that posses neither of those traits are forced to drive crazy. The rest of us follow safe practices and don't pass cars on a blind hill.

Yes. That's why I have a perfect safety record.

Oldfart

Yes. That's why I have a perfect safety record.
Yet you blame the company and continue to use the word PROBABLY when describing why the courier made a terrible decision to pass on a hill.

You PROBABLY are lying about your safety record.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I am no fan of FedEx, but if this woman was unsafely passing, it was HER fault, period. Not FedEx's. Doesn't matter what Fedex encourages, the decision to drive unsafely is ultimately up to the driver. WE are the professional drivers.

Schweddy

Balls
Good for you bruh. Many people that work for Fedex make half of what you make. Many people you deal with on a daily basis either make minimum wage or are dealing with the same BS you complain about on this forum (bad work experience).. you make $20 an hour more than people that make minimum wage. There are plenty of college degrees that are founded around making other people successful/effective. Not everything is about money, prick. Most people don't quit/change their jobs because of money or their duties... 70% of people are unhappy with their job because of their bad bosses (you included). You're insecure and it shows. I'd happily take less pay for an integrity driven leader, any day. Fedex fails to groom genuine management and only cares about looking good. You can't accept that though because you're too close to, and too much like, someone you know who is a bad boss and you reap too many rewards from their degradation of others.

It appears you, cactus and MFE all fit that label to a t.
That's up there with "PROBABLY" bruh

(oh yeah, well said, spot on, you got me, whoopdee)