Fedex Driver Saved From Burning Van

McFeely

Huge Member
I am no fan of FedEx, but if this woman was unsafely passing, it was HER fault, period. Not FedEx's. Doesn't matter what Fedex encourages, the decision to drive unsafely is ultimately up to the driver. WE are the professional drivers.

This with the emphasis on "if".

For all we know, she could have been passing using a passing lane intended for her direction of travel and the oncoming traffic was in her lane. But I didn't read in the article or see in the video that she was in the oncoming traffic's lane, so none of us know for sure. I don't know this particular highway or whether or not they add passing lanes for long inclines.

If she was indeed attempting to pass cars uphill in the oncoming traffic lane, then it was absolutely a poor decision on her part and preventable. Sad case, either way. Hope she heals quickly.

Nolimitz

This with the emphasis on "if".

For all we know, she could have been passing using a passing lane intended for her direction of travel and the oncoming traffic was in her lane. But I didn't read in the article or see in the video that she was in the oncoming traffic's lane, so none of us know for sure. I don't know this particular highway or whether or not they add passing lanes for long inclines.

If she was indeed attempting to pass cars uphill in the oncoming traffic lane, then it was absolutely a poor decision on her part and preventable. Sad case, either way. Hope she heals quickly.
why don't you try reading the article before making IF comments?

McFeely

Huge Member
I did read it and this is all it said:
As Nikki was passing the couple on a hill, she didn’t realize she was about to drive straight into oncoming traffic.

Did I miss the part where it said she was in the oncoming traffic's lane? It says "oncoming traffic" but doesn't say who was in whose lane.

I also said I'm not defending her if she did use the oncoming traffic lane. This is just another feel-good media story without really telling the entire story. Sorry to ruffle any feathers, Happy New Year.

Nolimitz

The next sentence is a bit vague but pretty much says she had to ditch into the shoulder/gully. I have to assume since she was passing in the left lane that means she went to the left should/gulley

“Nikki pulled over onto the shoulder, and was speeding along the shoulder, and hit a gully and the van flipped over and caught fire on the bottom,” said Mary.

Oldfart

I don't see many passing zones on blind hills. Those broken yellow lines usually go solid about then. Maybe the oncoming traffic was in the wrong. Guess we will never know unless someone knows that particular road. Either way, she and everyone else is lucky to be alive.

McFeely

Huge Member
Guess those of us on the internets in our underwear can leave the accident investigating to the insurance companies and the police :D

One way or another, it's most likely a warning letter for Nikki from FedEx. Merry Christmas, Nikki! Everything's preventable! Lol.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There is that word PROBABLY again. You are so quick to blame the company that you say PROBABLY. Everyone has been in a hurry, but not everyone passes on a blind hill. One thing we know for sure, she made a big driving error and it almost cost her and others their life. There is no PROBABLY in that sentence. That is a fact. I am glad she is ok and I am sure she will learn from her mistake. I bet she PROBABLY won't do it again.

How about this? You are DEFINITELY clueless and DEFINITELY up Fred's butt.

Oldfart

How about this? You are DEFINITELY clueless and DEFINITELY up Fred's butt.
Is that all you got? Coming from a man that cries like a bittch 24 hrs a day, I would think you have more than that. You can PROBABLY do better. You gotta blame the company for something. The very company you hate, yet you continue to work for.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Is that all you got? Coming from a man that cries like a bittch 24 hrs a day, I would think you have more than that. You can PROBABLY do better. You gotta blame the company for something. The very company you hate, yet you continue to work for.

I work for FedEx pretty much on my terms these days, so I'm PROBABLY in the driver's seat. I had my friend Ken over during Xmas and he was showing me his Teamster A insurance plan. $100 deductible per person, with a $300 maximum out-of -pocket for the year. I blame FedEx for a lot of things, including entitled whiners like you, and worthless insurance plans which are basically catastrophic coverage plans for which we pay HUGE premiums.

I do much better as a real estate person and investor. I continue to hate you and work against you.

Oldfart

So Ken carries his work insurance packet around with him? Sounds like a real winner. Birds of a feather flock together. Why don't you go work with Ken? That's right, you wouldn't have anything to whine and cry about. Well, YOU always have something to whine about. It is what you do best.

My medical, dental, vision and extra insurance is about $200 a month? That is a huge premium? Well, I guess you are so used to looking at small things, a small premium looks HUGE to you.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I'm sorry, but this paragraph evokes quite a mental image -
She’s a large woman, and because she was so injured we couldn’t drag her, we wound up rolling her, which of course was very painful, some distance from the van,” Mary explained.

was it "Large Marge?"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So Ken carries his work insurance packet around with him? Sounds like a real winner. Birds of a feather flock together. Why don't you go work with Ken? That's right, you wouldn't have anything to whine and cry about. Well, YOU always have something to whine about. It is what you do best.

My medical, dental, vision and extra insurance is about $200 a month? That is a huge premium? Well, I guess you are so used to looking at small things, a small premium looks HUGE to you.

No, Ken is on the local Teamster negotiating committee, so he knows the contract. You pay big bucks for really bad insurance, but you're not smart enough to know it. Ken, the Teamster pays zero premiums for his coverage, which is excellent. No games with crap providers who won't take FedEx lousy insurance. In other words, Ken doesn't subsidize his employer like you do. His take-home pay is all his....he isn't giving it back to Fred like you do.

What's with the CAPS all of the time? Do you need glasses?

Oldfart

No, Ken is on the local Teamster negotiating committee, so he knows the contract. You pay big bucks for really bad insurance, but you're not smart enough to know it. Ken, the Teamster pays zero premiums for his coverage, which is excellent. No games with crap providers who won't take FedEx lousy insurance. In other words, Ken doesn't subsidize his employer like you do. His take-home pay is all his....he isn't giving it back to Fred like you do.

What's with the CAPS all of the time? Do you need glasses?
First you said Ken was showing you his plan, then you said he was telling you about his plan. Which lie is it? Did he show you or tell you about it? Once again. Why do you pay for this crap insurance? Kinda makes you a real dumb asz paying for something so bad. It takes a real maroon to pay for something that he says is lousy. McDonald's is lousy food to me, so I don't eat there. You say Fedex is a lousy place to work, has lousy benefits and pays lousy, yet you keep on working there. Why don't you go work with Ken?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So Ken carries his work insurance packet around with him? Sounds like a real winner. Birds of a feather flock together. Why don't you go work with Ken? That's right, you wouldn't have anything to whine and cry about. Well, YOU always have something to whine about. It is what you do
First you said Ken was showing you his plan, then you said he was telling you about his plan. Which lie is it? Did he show you or tell you about it? Once again. Why do you pay for this crap insurance? Kinda makes you a real dumb asz paying for something so bad. It takes a real maroon to pay for something that he says is lousy. McDonald's is lousy food to me, so I don't eat there. You say Fedex is a lousy place to work, has lousy benefits and pays lousy, yet you keep on working there. Why don't you go work with Ken?

Ken is a real person and carries his IBT insurance card on his person. Absolutely top-notch, quality coverage. I don't have the opportunity to be a Teamster because my employer has a Teamster-free clause known as the RLA. If I were younger, I'd go work with Ken, but you also need at least 10 years of lowboy experience to get-on with his company. I don't have that.

You know, you sound like the grumpy old man who sits in front of his TV all day and then watches for kids getting on his lawn out of the corner of his eye. Then he grabs his 12 gauge and goes out to show those 10 year olds what a real man is.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Why don't you go straight to Helena, MT and sit down at the gay bar.

Oldfart

Why don't you go straight to Helena, MT and sit down at the gay bar.
LOL Caught you in another lie and you get defensive. Lying gets easier and easier for you doesn't it. Sounds like you are all too familiar with the alternative lifestyle and it's place of business. Just not my thing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
LOL Caught you in another lie and you get defensive. Lying gets easier and easier for you doesn't it. Sounds like you are all too familiar with the alternative lifestyle and it's place of business. Just not my thing.

Get OFF my lawn. Your thing is to kiss Smith's ring and anything else he wants.

Oldfart

Get OFF my lawn. Your thing is to kiss Smith's ring and anything else he wants.
What's with the CAPS. Do you need glasses? I am not into jewelry or the alternative lifestyle. That is more your speed. If boys make you happy, go for it. Not much else puts a smile on your face.