Fedex Express Peak 2017

floridays

Jerry-Lewis-Nutty-Professor.jpg
Hey Good Looking. How'd it go today?
Still no response, you talkin to me?

floridays

I leave doing Saturdays to newbies and people that can't manage their money. I went Christmas shopping and watched my Kentucky wildcats take care of Virginia Tech
how are the beagles? forgot their names, was gonna look back earlier but forgot to, boy and girl if I remember correctly. What's their names again please? Did you get me an electric smoker? I'm getting lazy.

Yankeefan

12/18: 3:41 am
12/19: 3:30 am
12/20: 3:38 am
12/21: 3:51 am
12/22: 2:19 am

That "projected" sorts we got for next week in memphis, for reference a normal on-time sort would be 2:07.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our SDR was a joke - fully staffed - went out with less than 50 stops - Senior MGR didn't want to cut routes - So eight of us with regular SDR PUPS sat for 3 hours in a Shuttle Code ...SMH

We ran a full operation yesterday with a 4 hour guarantee and a cutoff/curfew at 5 hours. Several of us, myself included, were allowed to use our helpers, even though we didn't need them; thankfully, mine already had plans and did not want to change them just for a few hours on road as he wasn't needed and would have gotten in the way.

We started at 9:45 and waited 45 minutes before the last of the air was processed before leaving. We were told to drive by stops that we knew would be closed without sheeting any of their packages, unless they had Saturday air, which we did have to attempt. Had a grand total of 4 Saturday air pieces.

I was able to get rid of 100 stops and had fewer than 20 packages left on the car when I punched out.

Purplepackage

12/18: 3:41 am
12/19: 3:30 am
12/20: 3:38 am
12/21: 3:51 am
12/22: 2:19 am

That "projected" sorts we got for next week in memphis, for reference a normal on-time sort would be 2:07.

So I shouldn't expect to get on the road before 11:30 all week, sounds typical lol

This week is generally the most hours I work in a week all year just because the freight is 4 hours late all week

Purplepackage

I leave doing Saturdays to newbies and people that can't manage their money. I went Christmas shopping and watched my Kentucky wildcats take care of Virginia Tech

People who can't manage money don't work Saturday, those are the guys who need to stay out at least 9-10 hours 5 days a week and will do anything to make that possible

Oldfart

how are the beagles? forgot their names, was gonna look back earlier but forgot to, boy and girl if I remember correctly. What's their names again please? Did you get me an electric smoker? I'm getting lazy.
Ace the Mutt, Bandit the Beagle. Both fellas.
I looked Amazon for your wish list but couldn't find yours.

vantexan

A lot of people work Saturdays because they don't make the $250-$320 more that you make on 40 hours. They work 6 days and still don't make what you do on 5.

Purplepackage

A lot of people work Saturdays because they don't make the $250-$320 more that you make on 40 hours. They work 6 days and still don't make what you do on 5.

To be honest from what he claims to make he works in the lowest market level so actually a lot of people in this company make more than he does on 40 hours

vantexan

We ran a full operation yesterday with a 4 hour guarantee and a cutoff/curfew at 5 hours. Several of us, myself included, were allowed to use our helpers, even though we didn't need them; thankfully, mine already had plans and did not want to change them just for a few hours on road as he wasn't needed and would have gotten in the way.

We started at 9:45 and waited 45 minutes before the last of the air was processed before leaving. We were told to drive by stops that we knew would be closed without sheeting any of their packages, unless they had Saturday air, which we did have to attempt. Had a grand total of 4 Saturday air pieces.

I was able to get rid of 100 stops and had fewer than 20 packages left on the car when I punched out.
Used to marvel at the number of stops you guys deliver. But with long trucks to get most everything on a shelf, PAL stickers, and super condensed route areas, it's no wonder. Some heavy boxes, but nothing close to our 150 lbs. Still, all those boxes, all that climbing in and out of the truck, takes its toll over the years. But heck, UPS in our area is mostly automatic trucks now. Definitely not a bad gig for the money you make. Should hear my driver cuss about the company all day. For that kind of pay and benefits I'd be grinning my head off. Making more than $50hr OT and he complains bitterly about having to work Saturdays for 5 hours a few times a year.

vantexan

To be honest from what he claims to make he works in the lowest market level so actually a lot of people in this company make more than he does on 40 hours
Doesn't change the fact that a lot of couriers for decades made hundreds less than him on 40 hours a week and worked Saturday because they had to, not because they couldn't manage money. And majority of stations in the country are lower payscales. FedEx only pays higher in markets where they have to due to local conditions.