FedEx Express to UPS

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Passed my Road test at UPS today to become a full time package car driver. I’m not sure if this is goodbye FedEx Express or good riddance?
FedEx has been an unrelenting let down, if they don’t want a strong workforce so be it. I won’t be on that sinking ship with Raj! Brown is hiring FedEx drivers like crazy, i advise all to apply. Cheers 🍻
Good luck.
You're about to find out just how badly you actually want to make real money. Hang in there.

Guitarman01

Fedex people have cried on here because they had to deliver in the dark!!!!! Crybabies. I am ashamed to say I used to work where they do. Grow a pair and do your job.
I could also say Fedex doesnt have me by the balls. I think most drivers on here would agree delivering in the dark isnt nearly as easy as delivering in the daylight. It sure as hell is alot harder to see addresses.
The midday shift after xmas might start at 2pm and run until 10pm.
Anyone prefer those kind of hours as a driver in Jan, Feb, and March in the midwest?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I could also say Fedex doesnt have me by the balls. I think most drivers on here would agree delivering in the dark isnt nearly as easy as delivering in the daylight. It sure as hell is alot harder to see addresses.
Anyone prefer those kind of hours as a driver in Jan, Feb, and March in the midwest?
The only difference for me delivering in the dark / snow is more 💴 😊… bring it on

falcon back

You have a job to do. You can't let the weather keep you from doing your job. It slows you down but you keep going.

Guitarman01

The difference between being a man and a boy. You do your job, no matter the conditions.
Please no.
Most new hires or young people coming in to this type of job with the kind of hours I just described with half a brain would question the sanity of the midday shift. Everyone thinks its pretty stupid at my station, including the managers, engineer, and all the senior employees.
Imagine training someone on a new route in the dark.
Fn stupid.

falcon back

Please no.
Most new hires or young people coming in to this type of job with the kind of hours I just described with half a brain would question the sanity of the midday shift. Everyone thinks its pretty stupid at my station, including the managers, engineer, and all the senior employees.
Imagine training someone on a new route in the dark.
Fn stupid.
There are stations that have PM rts that work 1400 till 2200. I had a friend in Louisville that had a midnight flight and had a 2200 cutoff for pu. Is the company supposed to eliminate that shift and tell shippers they can't ship after dark? You must be a newhire and didn't realize the company that hired you is a 24/7 operation.

Guitarman01

There are stations that have PM rts that work 1400 till 2200. I had a friend in Louisville that had a midnight flight and had a 2200 cutoff for pu. Is the company supposed to eliminate that shift and tell shippers they can't ship after dark? You must be a newhire and didn't realize the company that hired you is a 24/7 operation.
Thats different, thats b2b. Ive already talked about this in the other thread. Im talking about resi stops, middays dont even do any pickups because we dont get back in time for the shuttle.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What's weird is you don't realize that you're the only person bitching and moaning in this thread.

falcon back

S
Thats different, thats b2b. Ive already talked about this in the other thread. Im talking about resi stops, middays dont even do any pickups because we dont get back in time for the shuttle.
So resi don't ship or get deliveries after dark in any city but yours? You must be a newbie.

Guitarman01

This is my route.
After dark is one thing, still it would be stupid if it could be prevented (which it cant on midday), 10pm at night is another.
More stupid.
Be sure to click on that.
Express has mostly been out late at night during peak, not past that.
I think this whole midday thing is going to collapse come January.

Attachments

• 20210922_164956.jpg
    20210922_164956.jpg
    562.8 KB · Views: 77