FedEx Freight Above The Law

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The Charlotte and Philadelphia Freight terminals both voted to join the Teamsters back in October, 2014. FedEx Freight refused to recognize and bargain with either despite an NLRB ruling in favor of the drivers. In March, a federal appeals court ruled against FedEx and said they must recognize the union and start the bargaining process.

Doesn't that sound like FedEx to ignore the right of worker to legally organize? 2 years wasted. I hope that back wages are required.

This is how FedEx deals with unions . If we at Express were ever to vote one in, we could expect the same tactics.

Yozh69

I work for Freight and get at least 40hrs/week even in the Winter. I hear UPSF lays off their drivers when slow. What does UPSF offer that FXF doesn't?

Yozh69

As part of my hire package I'm guaranteed a 4%-5% raise every year for the next 5 years. Healthcare plan could be better but I only pay about $18 a week for it. I've had 401k's for 20 years so FedEx is no different there.

So far they've treated me fairly so nothing to grieve. I know that could change but since my pension is portable if Freight starts to be a pita to work for, it's much easier to find something else :)

dezguy

If a federal appeals court ruled that FedEx must bargain with the union, how does that make FedEx Freight above the law??

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If a federal appeals court ruled that FedEx must bargain with the union, how does that make FedEx Freight above the law??

The union was voted in 2 years ago. By law, a company must recognize a legally organized union. The NLRB confirmed it was legal, and FedEx still fought it.

Does that sound "above the law" to you?

dezguy

The union was voted in 2 years ago. By law, a company must recognize a legally organized union. The NLRB confirmed it was legal, and FedEx still fought it.

Does that sound "above the law" to you?
No. Sounds like they tried to be above the law and the law told them to get back in line. Sounds like they aren't above the law at all.

xfdxgroundmgmt

FedEx recognized the union, then told them we aren't giving anything more to the drivers through your representation bye bye. So the next step........ begins.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
s t
No. Sounds like they tried to be above the law and the law told them to get back in line. Sounds like they aren't above the law at all.

Isn't that what I said...that they think they are above the law? FedEx will almost always try and evade the law, and will only comply when forced by court decision to do so.