Fedex ground 10 hour rule.

yadig

My guess is the kid sucks at his job. He worked over 12 hours and still had DNAs. He probably followed GPS blindly and drove in circles all day, didn’t organize his truck and then cried about his mean boss expecting him to finish his job.
I recall you saying “any idiot can do this job”. I guess there’s always one in the group.🤔

Fergus Mahoney

What are you blabbing about? The OP just has to respond, “No, I won’t falsify my DOT hours.” That’s it. There is no issue if he takes personal responsibility. Instead he’s here crying wanting to report it to someone else so they can fight for him. It’s weak, childish behavior. He needs to grow a pair and stop acting like a victim.
Grow a pair and put your name on this post.

yadig

I have a buddy that owns five big rigs at ground. He told me that his profits last year were a million and that he cleared 500k. Is he telling the truth?

It will be fine

I have a buddy that owns five big rigs at ground. He told me that his profits last year were a million and that he cleared 500k. Is he telling the truth?
Doubtful unless they were all teams and ran 365 with no maintenance and he was stealing diesel somehow.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My guess is the kid sucks at his job. He worked over 12 hours and still had DNAs. He probably followed GPS blindly and drove in circles all day, didn’t organize his truck and then cried about his mean boss expecting him to finish his job.
Or maybe your understanding of people skills just sucks.

bacha29

He might if he's one of those high character line haul contractors paying 20 cents a mile .Perhaps even less.
Remember, this is an industry that does not judge success on the basis of personal achievement but rather on the basis of what you think you can get away with.

yadig

He might if he's one of those high character line haul contractors paying 20 cents a mile .Perhaps even less.
Remember, this is an industry that does not judge success on the basis of personal achievement but rather on the basis of what you think you can get away with.
I don’t think fat Freddy would allow such profits.

Empty Pockets

Yes it is possible to make clear that much with 5 trucks. It depends if they are in town routes or if they are long hauls, and if they are turning two shifts per day.

Fifteen years ago, a ground city driver told me they got paid per stop and their pay increased with the distance from the yard. The over the road routes are probably more steady.

I have a friend of a friend that got into this three years ago and has put three routes up for sale for $1.5 million. It sounds like a great deal to me. If you can net about $80,000 per year on one day run...I would do it. After getting it paid off, hire someone to run it, and then use that to supplement my retirement income.

yadig

Yes it is possible to make clear that much with 5 trucks. It depends if they are in town routes or if they are long hauls, and if they are turning two shifts per day.

Fifteen years ago, a ground city driver told me they got paid per stop and their pay increased with the distance from the yard. The over the road routes are probably more steady.

I have a friend of a friend that got into this three years ago and has put three routes up for sale for $1.5 million. It sounds like a great deal to me. If you can net about $80,000 per year on one day run...I would do it. After getting it paid off, hire someone to run it, and then use that to supplement my retirement income.
It’s hard to believe that fat Freddy would allow such profits.