FedEx Ground bottom feeders

under the radar

A Trained Professional
Had a Fedex Ground driver back within two feet in front of me while I was making a delivery. That's the second time in a month with two different drivers. They both now know what I think of such rudeness. Anyone else have this experience?

Mr Shifter

Yea I had something similar at a dock in an alley. The deal is everyone wants to get as close as possible to the door (bread, liquor, tortilla, potatoe chip drivers etc) non have the silly telematics reports to hear about the following morning so don't feel they're doing wrong by making you back out of your spot.

mdnj88

I have a giant pet peeve with the home delivery guy in my area. If you he has a stop for driver side of the street, instead of parking on right side of the road, he pulls onto the left side, them hops out of the drivers side.

I've also seen him pull up driveways, hop out of cab, make delivery and back out of driveway. It looks more time consuming than time savings. The houses on my route are less than 40 feet from curb and most blocks you can do 2-3 houses in 1 parked position.

barnyard

KTM rider
I walked a driveway yesterday and the homeowner came out and asked why I did not pull in and back all the way out like FE and Spee Dee. He had 3 kids running around the yard and I asked him if it concerned him at all that they would be messing around in reverse with his kids running around and added that the safest thing I could do for him and his family was to stay in the road and walk it off.

He got kind of slack jawed and looked at me and said, "Thank you for thinking about more than just you." He seemed really sincere. I was pattin myself on the back for the rest of the day. I am rarely that fast with a good reply.

EmraldArcher

The FedEx guy who delivers to my house leaves his truck running while not in it.

I've also seen moving FedEx trucks with the bulkhead door open and someone in back sorting packages.

P

prodriver

The FedEx guy who delivers to my house leaves his truck running while not in it.

I've also seen moving FedEx trucks with the bulkhead door open and someone in back sorting packages.

Seen ups lady across street from my house yesterday left running, bulkhead open, pull in nose first and on phone, never seen her in neighborhood when she didn't have phone to ear.

Just Lurking

Seen ups lady across street from my house yesterday left running, bulkhead open, pull in nose first and on phone, never seen her in neighborhood when she didn't have phone to ear.

Well ain't you special to see all those violations.

1. Delivering while idling.
2. Delivering with bulkhead door open.
3. Back first exception.

Anyone of those more than once a day will get on area observation in most centers. Let alone all of them at one delivery point.

Plus UPS does not even like drivers to use phones with hands free devices. Phone to your ear will get you serious time off.

I call shenanigans.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

3. Back first exception.

Anyone of those more than once a day will get on area observation in most centers. Let alone all of them at one delivery point.

Plus UPS does not even like drivers to use phones with hands free devices. Phone to your ear will get you serious time off.

I call shenanigans.

FedEx Ground "standards" are being conscious and able to walk and talk, not necessarily at the same time. To compare Ground conduct with that of UPS is ridiculous because Ground isn't even remotely professional...or safe. Low money=low skill.

P

prodriver

3. Back first exception.

I call shenanigans.

Call it what you want, it didn't take but that instance to know that wasn't a typical upser.

P

prodriver

FedEx Ground "standards" are being conscious and able to walk and talk, not necessarily at the same time. To compare Ground conduct with that of UPS is ridiculous because Ground isn't even remotely professional...or safe. Low money=low skill.

Who do you compare the driver to that hit woman in crosswalk and kept going to?