FedEx Ground bottom feeders

Marne Vet

Who do you compare the driver to that hit woman in crosswalk and kept going to?

How is that story even relevant? So if a driver hits a pedestrian and leaves the scene of the accident, that automatically makes your anecdotal comment true and valid? Your fallacy is noted.

What you claimed in your post about a female UPS driver is highly unlikely because of Telematics. Unless she was a supervisor, and didn't care about the Telematics report, then maybe. In other words, cool story bro. I doubt it's true.

P

prodriver

How is that story even relevant? So if a driver hits a pedestrian and leaves the scene of the accident, that automatically makes your anecdotal comment true and valid? Your fallacy is noted.

What you claimed in your post about a female UPS driver is highly unlikely because of Telematics. Unless she was a supervisor, and didn't care about the Telematics report, then maybe. In other words, cool story bro. I doubt it's true.

Marne Vet I don't gain anything by making that up, I also stated not your typical upser, if I wouldn't have been in this line of work I would have never noticed. As I stated in another thread I've seen more "bad habits" from drivers in the last two years than previous 13 combined, that's just not from ups its from fedex and truck drivers also.

Marne Vet

Ground/HD so let's hear it.

You said you had nothing to "gain". You see the irony now? You work for the very company being trashed, and suddenly you happen to see a female UPS driver violating every major Telematic willfully, and with full knowledge they'll get fired for it when they follow her since it's never a one-time slip. Gotcha. Nothing to gain by making the comment other than to try and level the playing field with an anecdotal highly unprobable sighting. Had it happened it could've been a sup, since they don't care about Telematics. Seniority drivers don't because we can't hide from the reports. It's wired in.

I agree with above, and my earlier assessment. Smells like BS.

P

prodriver

You said you had nothing to "gain". You see the irony now? You work for the very company being trashed, and suddenly you happen to see a female UPS driver violating every major Telematic willfully, and with full knowledge they'll get fired for it when they follow her since it's never a one-time slip. Gotcha. Nothing to gain by making the comment other than to try and level the playing field with an anecdotal highly unprobable sighting. Had it happened it could've been a sup, since they don't care about Telematics. Seniority drivers don't because we can't hide from the reports. It's wired in.

I agree with above, and my earlier assessment. Smells like BS.

No bs here same driver on phone I've seen a couple of times again not typical but did happen, I figured I'd get quite the feedback on that especially since I drive for ground. Hadn't seen her in area but last couple of weeks.

Marne Vet

I don't think you grasp the severity of the accusations you're leveling here. Telematics can't be fooled. They see every driver on the report every day, and anyone that stands out like the female driver you said you "saw" do the things you said you "saw", would be followed posthaste. On the phone is different, but leaving the vehicle while it's running? No way. Even the dumbest drivers I work with know they can't get away with this.

BS meter is pegged. Explosion imminent.

P

prodriver

I know you guys have telematics you can call bs but it still don't change the fact, I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't the case.

Marne Vet

I know you guys have telematics you can call bs but it still don't change the fact, I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't the case.

Still doesn't change the fact, and that all you've made here is an unverifiable anecdote. Why would a guy who works for a company that's being thrown under the bus [here] make any untruthful statements because it may've irked him? Nope. No way. Couldn't be the case.

#sourgrapes

P

prodriver

No way that irked me I've heard a bunch of ground bashing on here, and yes it could be the case but sorry not in this one.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Maybe her starter went so she had to leave the truck running and she was on the phone to the shop. Unlikely but possible.

STFXG

Watched a UPS runner jump out of the passenger seat before the truck had stopped. They also had packages in the cab.

It's all anecdotal Marne. Get off your high horse.

Sent using BrownCafe App

STFXG

Had a Fedex Ground driver back within two feet in front of me while I was making a delivery. That's the second time in a month with two different drivers. They both now know what I think of such rudeness. Anyone else have this experience?

What's the point in a backing camera if you cant bring it up close? ;)

Sent using BrownCafe App

EmraldArcher

Watched a UPS runner jump out of the passenger seat before the truck had stopped. They also had packages in the cab.

It's all anecdotal Marne. Get off your high horse.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The helper is allowed to hold a package while the vehicle is moving.

under the radar

A Trained Professional
My original point is this; there is an unwritten code in this business. Wait your turn unless someone willingly gives way. I don't care if it's the bread delivery person or the beer guy. What happened to me I liken to someone cutting in line at the check out counter. I don't blame this guy's company, I blame his parents!

Pooter

I wish the FDX driver would learn the flow of traffic in dealerships. :(

Tight lane and now one of us needs to back up because taking 1 box around the truck is too hard.

P

prodriver

Maybe her starter went so she had to leave the truck running and she was on the phone to the shop. Unlikely but possible.

Marne Vet said he thought she might have been a sup, I was thinking more along the lines of frustrated, in a new area, new driver, first stopped at previous house thinking it was right address, and generally at that moment past the point of caring. We've all had tough days on routes where nothing goes right and that's when shortcuts are taken, but hey she could have been a sup. Who knows