FedEx Ground criminal element

hypo hanna

This was truly a sad and tragic event. I'm not surprised to see it turn into the daily Ground-bashing thread. I take exception to most of the generalizations "expressed" toward Ground drivers, but to say "ground/HD is full of criminals fresh out of prison" is a new low. You are just like a few others - a mental midget lashing out with criticism to make yourselves feel better about your own miserable lives.
So after reading your post I went back over the thread, and aside from the title and the first post I couldn't find a single person making those "generalizations towards ground drivers" that you accuse us of.

Hypersensitive much?

vantexan

So after reading your post I went back over the thread, and aside from the title and the first post I couldn't find a single person making those "generalizations towards ground drivers" that you accuse us of.

Hypersensitive much?
If you look at what he said, he's tired of the generalizations towards Ground drivers, and this thread is just another of the daily bashing. You have to admit that most of the time Ground drivers are characterized here as stupid, slow, uneducated, ex-cons, rednecks, thugs, inferior, etc. If they are doing essentially the same job we are for less pay and benefits then I'd have to characterize them as hard working with a lot of backbone. I've noticed a lot less bulk freight in recent years and suspect most of those boxes have gone to Ground. So one could argue they're working much harder than we are. For less. And that is very possibly why FedEx isn't willing to pay as much to Express couriers anymore. The fact is I used to work harder than I do now. I'm plenty busy, just not breaking my back like I used to.

MAKAVELI

If you look at what he said, he's tired of the generalizations towards Ground drivers, and this thread is just another of the daily bashing. You have to admit that most of the time Ground drivers are characterized here as stupid, slow, uneducated, ex-cons, rednecks, thugs, inferior, etc. If they are doing essentially the same job we are for less pay and benefits then I'd have to characterize them as hard working with a lot of backbone. I've noticed a lot less bulk freight in recent years and suspect most of those boxes have gone to Ground. So one could argue they're working much harder than we are. For less. And that is very possibly why FedEx isn't willing to pay as much to Express couriers anymore. The fact is I used to work harder than I do now. I'm plenty busy, just not breaking my back like I used to.
It came out today that he was convicted of assault on his girlfriend in 2008. So , yes ground does hire criminals. Sorry to put sour milk in anyone's cereal.

hypo hanna

Yes that is the general opinion of the average ground driver here, but it wasn't on this thread. I was just pointing out that he was guilty of what he accused us of doing.

STFXG

You'd think when it takes a couple weeks for a background check to go through that they could do it right. Shouldn't be surprised.

Sent using BrownCafe App

SmithBarney

Since the wind down in Iraq and Afghanistan, the military has been making military equipment and weapons available to law enforcement agencies.
Many of which are FREE... a small town I used to live in, just got one for FREE from the military.. they had to put some $$ into it to make it more usable, but still.. it's a bit overkill for this little town.

Oh and BTW this is one case where we need the instant death penalty.. no need to plug up the court systems with scum like this.