FedEx Ground criminal element

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That problem isn't exclusive to this company. They pay out hush money to settle and then the managers responsible for making it happen get fired. It's not the way they're supposed to be doing business and it is in stark contrast to the rules and regulations that are very prominently posted in every station and most places of employment throughout the country.

If your manager tells you to work off the clock, request that :censored2: in writing. That will quickly change their tune. When you decide to do it on your own, that's your fault.
Well Fred's all for 'free labor" until FedEx gets caught. As far as the rules and regulations that are very prominently posted in every station, two words: window dressing.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Yeah,
The latest thing we're forced to do off the clock is pull out of the sta. at night, stop your car, wait for the gate to close behind you, then you get to drive home. Pretty straight forward. And, if you don't and some TSA clown goes through the gate $11K outta your pocket.

bbsam

Staff member
At Ground it's become standard to have crappy preloads and let contractors and drivers clean it up for free. The worst is when 15% of the preload calls in sick. Think you see management being called in to cover? Not a chance. Know what would happen if I used the excuse that two of my drivers were sick and that's why the trucks didn't go out? Yeah. A lot of bad would happen.

hypo hanna

Yeah,
The latest thing we're forced to do off the clock is pull out of the sta. at night, stop your car, wait for the gate to close behind you, then you get to drive home. Pretty straight forward. And, if you don't and some TSA clown goes through the gate $11K outta your pocket.
I would fight that fine in a courtroom and probably win. Making me responsible for the company's security off the clock without compensation? I don't think so.

fedex_rtd

I would fight that fine in a courtroom and probably win. Making me responsible for the company's security off the clock without compensation? I don't think so.

Most of the time when you fight government in the courtroom on an issue like this you will win...but the fight will cost you a lot more than the fine.

What are you going to do?

Myself I've been around long enough to deflect blame and responsibility back on management and they know it....suggest everyone out there learn the same.

whenIgetthere

That was my argument when I used it on management last year. Haven't heard a pip about driving away from the gate since. Not even when TSA was known to be in the area recently.