FedEx Ground criminal element

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Posed as a FedEx delivery driver? Wasn't he their ex brother in law?
yeah, that part doesn't make any sense to me either.

I'm suspectiing the uniform shirt wasn't an attempt at any sort of "hey I'm just a delivery guy here with a package, not here to kill you and your entire family" guise. I think he just wore the shirt a lot in an effort to re-capture his glory days, and just happened to be wearing it on this fateful day (much to Fredward's uncontained delight)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Essentially the same difference and in the public's eyes, he was a FedEx employee.

Right. To the public he's just a FedEx employee, which is great PR for Fred. My point was that contractors can only hire people pre-selected by the corporation, more supporting evidence that there is nothing "independent" about Ground. It's a big front for FedEx, the corporation.

bbsam

Staff member
Right. To the public he's just a FedEx employee, which is great PR for Fred. My point was that contractors can only hire people pre-selected by the corporation, more supporting evidence that there is nothing "independent" about Ground. It's a big front for FedEx, the corporation.
Oh, there's a lot independent about it. Like insurance rates, how many employees to do the job, etc., what kind of vehicle, work on Saturday or Sunday. Then there's taxes and training, scheduling and supervision. There's a lot of independence but that word is misleading. Ask any "boss" if the job is what he thought it was and most will say no.

yeah, that part doesn't make any sense to me either.

I'm suspectiing the uniform shirt wasn't an attempt at any sort of "hey I'm just a delivery guy here with a package, not here to kill you and your entire family" guise. I think he just wore the shirt a lot in an effort to re-capture his glory days, and just happened to be wearing it on this fateful day (much to Fredward's uncontained delight)
Free advertising.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Hmm. Good question. I bet if you were shorted 10 hours of pay you could answer it.
Oh please. People are shorted on their paychecks on a very consistent basis. Working off the clock to meet commitment times or to reach productivity that's based on bogus numbers, etc. Ever notice that when there's an error on an employee's paycheck, it's always in the company's favor?

Get a clue. It's called wage theft.

CJinx

Oh please. People are shorted on their paychecks on a very consistent basis.
Prove that and you'll get yourself a massive payday.
Working off the clock to meet commitment times or to reach productivity that's based on bogus numbers, etc.
You aren't required (forbidden, actually) to work off the clock. That one's on you if make the decision to violate policy and work off the clock.

MAKAVELI

Prove that and you'll get yourself a massive payday.
You aren't required (forbidden, actually) to work off the clock. That one's on you if make the decision to violate policy and work off the clock.
I guess you don't know about the numerous lawsuits on this very issue that FedEx has settled. Try doing some research next time.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I don't but I know some that do. The company needs to do their part too in making sure a driver isn't leaving with too much work, but they sure as hell don't. Management is trained to put all the burden on the employees.

CJinx

I guess you don't know about the numerous lawsuits on this very issue that FedEx has settled. Try doing some research next time.
That problem isn't exclusive to this company. They pay out hush money to settle and then the managers responsible for making it happen get fired. It's not the way they're supposed to be doing business and it is in stark contrast to the rules and regulations that are very prominently posted in every station and most places of employment throughout the country.

If your manager tells you to work off the clock, request that :censored2: in writing. That will quickly change their tune. When you decide to do it on your own, that's your fault.

MAKAVELI

That problem isn't exclusive to this company. They pay out hush money to settle and then the managers responsible for making it happen get fired. It's not the way they're supposed to be doing business and it is in stark contrast to the rules and regulations that are very prominently posted in every station and most places of employment throughout the country.

If your manager tells you to work off the clock, request that :censored2: in writing. That will quickly change their tune. When you decide to do it on your own, that's your fault.
They aren't stupid enough to order someone to work off the clock, but they sure do look the other way when it happens. These lawsuits weren't due to isolated incidents. It was a common practice company wide.