FedEx integrad!

AB831

The only time I run is if I am cutting it close on P1's and there is a chance of getting done on time.
I stopped caring about P1 once I realized that the engineer wasn't going to lift a finger to fix the untenable number of P1 stops in our loop. You'd think if 4 of the 5 couriers in the loop are having 4-6 lates per day, someone would wake up to the fact that something needs adjusting, but nope.

vantexan

Running windsprints all day probably does make you wonder how anyone sits in an office for a living.
I used to walk three miles to work, then run like a dog all day, then walk home if no one offered a ride. And when my artery plugged up it was all those years of walking and running that saved my life. About 100% certain that if I had sat in an office all day my artery wouldn't have grown little vessels around the blockage. Nor would have every doctor who ever examined me tell me I have an exceptionally strong heart. All that running did a number on my knees, and diabetes hurt my feet, but at least I didn't drop dead like a desk jockey would have.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I used to walk three miles to work, then run like a dog all day, then walk home if no one offered a ride. And when my artery plugged up it was all those years of walking and running that saved my life. About 100% certain that if I had sat in an office all day my artery wouldn't have grown little vessels around the blockage. Not would have every doctor who ever examined me tell me I have an exceptionally strong heart. All that running did a number on my knees, and diabetes hurt my feet, but at least I didn't drop dead like a desk jockey would have.

Or you could've eaten properly and not had the issue in the first place.

But still, funny story if only because exercise doesn't prevent clogged arteries or help you survive them and I find the "It woulda KILLED a desk jockey" nonsense fascinatingly entertaining.

vantexan

Or you could've eaten properly and not had the issue in the first place.

But still, funny story if only because exercise doesn't prevent clogged arteries or help you survive them and I find the "It woulda KILLED a desk jockey" nonsense fascinatingly entertaining.
Ask doctors about sedentary lifestyles. You know, those folks who actually know as opposed to you thinking you know.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Ask doctors about sedentary lifestyles. You know, those folks who actually know as opposed to you thinking you know.

"[W]hen my artery plugged up it was all those years of walking and running that saved my life"

Fascinating. Would love to see the research that says you're more likely to survive a blockage if you exercise, as my understanding was that the plaque in your arteries doesn't care. According to my doctor, exercise has no bearing in how your body handles the problems brought on by a blockage.

And
Exercise does not prevent blocked arteries, study finds

vantexan

"[W]hen my artery plugged up it was all those years of walking and running that saved my life"

Fascinating. Would love to see the research that says you're more likely to survive a blockage if you exercise, as my understanding was that the plaque in your arteries doesn't care. According to my doctor, exercise has no bearing in how your body handles the problems brought on by a blockage.

And
And my doctors said my body literally grew vessels around my blockage. My artery was 99% blocked. Not saying my exercise prevented a blockage. It didn't. But it helped delay the consequences of a blockage. And the clinic I went to had a national reputation. The king of Saudi Arabia used to fly in to get treatment there. They just happened to be close, didn't realize I had picked such a place. Everything went smoothly. Coworker's brother-in-law had same procedure done at county hospital which they bungled and ended up opening his chest to do a bypass.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

And
Before bacha does, I have to ask you where you got your MD from........

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

And
Geez, thanks so much for your “expert” opinion.