FedEx mounts big-money push to head off unionization by US workers

DorkHead

Ups exploits part-time labor...the union is complicit in that.there are guys doing 15 hrs a week at $9 an hr so a driver can make 36 an hr. the guy that made 95k above was doing tons of extra hrs. idk if he volunteered or not. Ups has an more efficient operation unlike fedex. ups takes advantage every tax loophole or break. for example ups managers/supervisors are effectively required to donate a % of their monthly salary to the united way. FedEx can afford the rates if they can consolidate n retain good package volume
The guy making 95k a year is a feeder driver if you look at his sig. That is normal for feeder drivers, 50 to 59 hrs a week

DorkHead

I love that one.

I'm currently paying over $200 a month for my "pension" and benefits. Spoke with one of the UPS guys on my route and he pays $80 a month in union dues and gets company sponsored benefits as well as a company sponsored pension. I would be saving over $120/ month in that scenario.

But we still have guys at my sta that don't get it. "Well, I can claim my pension contributions and benefits on my taxes." Hey, dummy! You can claim union dues on your taxes and still be coming out far ahead.

You are mostly correct with your statement with the exception of "company sponsored benefits and pension. Those negotiated monies are contributed but it`s the Union`s health and pension plans. UPS has no say or sponsorship of how the Union spends or invests that money.

fatboy33

CURRENT PAY RATE 37.64 TAXES
- REGULAR 37.640 40.00 1,505.60 FICA 140.01 6,031.47
- OVERTIME 56.460 13.33 752.61 FICA MEDICARE 32.75 1,410.59
- FEDERAL TAX 237.91 8,732.93
- CURRENT TOTALS 2,258.21 ST TAX- NC 98.00 4,156.00
- Y-T-D TOTALS 2,440.31 97,281.80 TOTALS 508.67
- DEDUCTIONS
-
- UNIONDUE 23.00 1,078.00
-

last check of year avg 43 hrs wk
Yes. The UPS drivers in my area have been pulling 6 figures for a few years now.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
seems like a no brainer to me. our Fed Ex driver works for slave wages. I depressed the hell out of him one day when I told him about our pay and bennies.

either stand up for yourselves or continue to suffer.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
seems like a no brainer to me. our Fed Ex driver works for slave wages. I depressed the hell out of him one day when I told him about our pay and bennies.

Figures you are a person that would brag about what you are paid.

Gone fishin

Figures you are a person that would brag about what you are paid.
That dude lives in his truck , never sees his family and will be broke down by fifty. I’ll stick to my situation.
p.s ... the wife makes more than him in 40 hours. Hope he doesn’t get depressed

zeev

All these whinny Express drivers will be looking at Ground next year they will not continue to pay unorganized labor anything when they can move it to slave labor at Ground.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
All these whinny Express drivers will be looking at Ground next year they will not continue to pay unorganized labor anything when they can move it to slave labor at Ground.
ireally feelfor you guys. trying tomake an honest living and being treated this poorly. i worked non union driving jobs for about 13-14years and just got lucky getting on with UPS.

organizing would be a tough long uphill battle but it would be worth it in the long run.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
ireally feelfor you guys. trying tomake an honest living and being treated this poorly. i worked non union driving jobs for about 13-14years and just got lucky getting on with UPS.

organizing would be a tough long uphill battle but it would be worth it in the long run.
If you bothered to research things, before commenting, you’d realize it’s impossible for FedEx Express to unionize as the law stands.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

E802C15B-18C4-48F9-A181-999BA4DA7B79.gif