Fedex Quality Service

vantexan

..or because I go to work, punch in, bust my ass, punch out and go home....

I would do the same if I was making $33.22/hr or $22.33/hr.
I make $16.60hr, should be close to $22hr but mgrs lied to me. I bet under similar circumstances with similar pay and benefits you'd cry like a little girl.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My theme is as follows. IF you hate it here. IF you are mistreated. IF you have been lied to. IF you have skills that other companies want. WHY do you continue working here.
Let me offer you a hypothetical situation.... You are obviously working at a small station where everything is rainbows and unicorns, much as Dave's center in the BOG. Let's say after all your years at Fedex you get new Senior Management who is trying to make a name for him/herself and makes working there miserable. After all your years of working at FedEx, would you quit??

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Lack of marketable skills.

I would be in the same boat. I am 55 and have not been in a college classroom since 1989.

The difference is I don't hate my job nearly as much as you do.

Cuz I'm not a whine ass?

..or because I go to work, punch in, bust my ass, punch out and go home....

I would do the same if I was making $33.22/hr or $22.33/hr.

Come with me to work tomorrow morning. You will hear more whining from grown men than you would from a bunch of teenage girls trying to get in to a sold out One Direction concert.

My father was an :censored2: but the one thing he instilled in me was a strong work ethic regardless of hourly wage.

DontFeedTheTrolls2.jpeg

vantexan

I don't take :censored2: for granted.
Because you don't have to even think about it. You've got yours. The thing about guys like you that I just love: FedEx courier comes up with a way to make his small pension go much farther living overseas. You think that courier should just accept his fate and continue working here until he drops. But of course you won't have to. You're more like your dad than you realize.

vantexan

My last full year in the military (1988) I earned the grand sum of $13,557.
Which according to the Dept of Labor's inflation calculator is worth $27,601 in today's dollars. Plus you had housing, medical, food, etc. And I knew UPS drivers in 1990 who made $50k. You've been doing well for quite some time now.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My theme is as follows. IF you hate it here. IF you are mistreated. IF you have been lied to. IF you have skills that other companies want. WHY do you continue working here.
Let me offer you a hypothetical situation.... You are obviously working at a small station where everything is rainbows and unicorns, much as Dave's center in the BOG. Let's say after all your years at Fedex you get new Senior Management who is trying to make a name for him/herself and makes working there miserable. After all your years of working at FedEx, would you quit??

It's interesting that you don't want to answer my question. Says a lot about what you would not do.....you would not quit FedEx either because you're too close to the finish line, as are some of the rest of us.

Oldfart

It's interesting that you don't want to answer my question. Says a lot about what you would not do.....you would not quit FedEx either because you're too close to the finish line, as are some of the rest of us.
Didnt answer your question because I was on a plane coming home from the Cowboys/Packers game. Like I said earlier. This is a job, it doesnt define my life. People like you let it drive you crazy because you are so filled with hatred and mistrust. It is a job that I swipe my badge at about 0530 and again at 1730. I dont take it home and I dont think about it till the next morning. I do find it funny reading about the whiners on here crying about how their life being miserable because they hate their job.

I don't know what you consider a small station. I posted earlier that we have 60 or 70 am routes. 4 or 5 bob truck routes. I might be wrong on the numbers, I don't take the time to walk the building counting people. I don't even know many of their names and I have been there since the 70's. Lots of new people due to a rash of retirements lately. Seems like the vacation bidding involved over 90 people. I am sure that is bigger than some, smaller than others.

I have worked for so many seniors, good and bad. I don't let it bother me. I would imagine I have put at least 30 to 40 different managers # on my time card. Some good, some bad. Once again, can't let a bad manager ruin your life. I would never let a manager or a senior make me quit. Never considered it. You are the one complaining about how you hate your job. It might be time for you to consider a career change. Just practice this phrase to prepare for what you are most qualified to do. "Would you like to make your meal a combo'?