Fedex Quality Service

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

a2e2c23b6669a334364c83e892bdc9649deeec1aa530b29ce4b6f73f37539d0d.jpg

now he's lying... at least u now know what DEX 007 is

Driver: "yeah i left a doortag, the wind may have blown it off (into a trashcan) "

We scan our info notices.

Do Ground drivers scan their door tags?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yea, but what the OPs lazy HD driver did instead of honestly DEX 027, he used the 007... scan n toss the doortag.

I bet if an engineer would pull up the GPS tracker for that one stop, they will find that he was no where near the customer's home when he codede that he was not home to receive the box.

Furthermore, it wasnt an ASR DSR or iSR, and has a porch for easy driver release

Choo get what youse pay for ! Sorry your local HD driver doesn't care about his customers in his given area

It will be fine

That's crazy after a complaint. Anyone that calls in complaints on my guys has to sign for everything and they know to cover their a's on those deliveries. They shut the truck off to be sure the GPS logs the stop and scan door tags. This driver is nuts.

OrioN

I doubt that he's gonna get fired... remember, contractors are hard up in trying to find supplemental drivers this time o year

But $600 in formal complaints will surely wake up that contractor to do something about it

If he's set up to fail, he should just keep on using the DNA code instead of falsyfying 007... so he can be better managed. Contractor dropped the ball thinking this driver will work at a brownie level for min wage

what, we're supposed to stoop to lasership or ontrac levels?

dmac1

Finally got the second package and talked to the driver. He didn't remember delivering here when the first package was misdelivered or lost. He said he had been working this route for years. I asked why each package got a DNA before being delivered a day later, and he kind of fumbled around and said if you talk to customer service, manager, contractor and driver, you'll get 4 different answers. He swore that he never DNA'd anything, and has no idea how a package got a DNA at 1pm and then delivered at 4:30pm after I called. He did make me sign for the second package, and was carrying two pages that he got for the 2 complaint on the first package- 1 for missing package and then second about the replacement getting a DNA. The first time he was suppose to deliver the first package, it also got a DNA the day before.

I have a feeling that now that he knows I track the packages, he will be delivering them the first day. Also, his service area is fairly compact, he is in the area everyday. It was about 6 pm when he got here yesterday, with over an hour drive back to his terminal. He used to be a contractor until fedex went to ISP with 5 route minimum. Didn't ask how he got paid, unlikely by the hour. He probably doesn't want to work any extra hours for the same pay. It was obvious from each package getting a DNA that he likes to make his route more compact by skipping areas when he can get away with it. A $300 lost bonus may make his contractor change his procedure.

bacha29

Finally got the second package and talked to the driver. He didn't remember delivering here when the first package was misdelivered or lost. He said he had been working this route for years. I asked why each package got a DNA before being delivered a day later, and he kind of fumbled around and said if you talk to customer service, manager, contractor and driver, you'll get 4 different answers. He swore that he never DNA'd anything, and has no idea how a package got a DNA at 1pm and then delivered at 4:30pm after I called. He did make me sign for the second package, and was carrying two pages that he got for the 2 complaint on the first package- 1 for missing package and then second about the replacement getting a DNA. The first time he was suppose to deliver the first package, it also got a DNA the day before.

I have a feeling that now that he knows I track the packages, he will be delivering them the first day. Also, his service area is fairly compact, he is in the area everyday. It was about 6 pm when he got here yesterday, with over an hour drive back to his terminal. He used to be a contractor until fedex went to ISP with 5 route minimum. Didn't ask how he got paid, unlikely by the hour. He probably doesn't want to work any extra hours for the same pay. It was obvious from each package getting a DNA that he likes to make his route more compact by skipping areas when he can get away with it. A $300 lost bonus may make his contractor change his procedure.
What happened to you wasn't right but at the same time what person who used to be a contractor is going to kill himself to get the route that was once his own done when he gets paid the same for 8 hours as he does for 12 hours? He has no reason the strive for precision or stay out as late as possible in order to get everything done or worry about the maintenance and repair of a truck he once owned. It's not his anymore. Why should he care if it breaks down you he gets stuck someplace?. It all pays the same.No question that in the end contractors will be caught in the middle between a company that wants the job done for nothing and a labor force that refuses to work for nothing.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
We used to "accidentally" scrape of the "e" on our CTV tractors so it read "The World On Tim". Service these days is an absolute joke. The station I hit on the AM has had over 1,000 outbound not make the plane this week. That's 2,000 happy customers.
What was the outcome+ ? Last time 1000 outbound missed a truck to Carol Stream 2 got fired, Both 15+ yrs

Code 82 Approved

What happened to you wasn't right but at the same time what person who used to be a contractor is going to kill himself to get the route that was once his own done when he gets paid the same for 8 hours as he does for 12 hours? He has no reason the strive for precision or stay out as late as possible in order to get everything done or worry about the maintenance and repair of a truck he once owned. It's not his anymore. Why should he care if it breaks down you he gets stuck someplace?. It all pays the same.No question that in the end contractors will be caught in the middle between a company that wants the job done for nothing and a labor force that refuses to work for nothing.
That's my job. Where are they? What time is it? What is left? What has been coded? I make sure service is met, and any bulk pickups are not on the backs of my package van people. It's a fine system.

Code 82 Approved

Just to update on my missing package-

Customer service called and said to go ahead and file with the shipper. I asked if they were able to determine where the package was delivered. She said that they had no idea because they were unable to contact the driver, and he never replied to their calls ??????? How can they have a driver working who doesn't even respond? I could understand if the driver claimed(lied) he had delivered to the right address, even though I was just feet away from my open front door when he said he delivered the package, but accepting a non-response is nuts.

Is it now acceptable for a HD driver or his contractor to not respond at all?
As a BC, "Business Contact" for my Contractor, I can go online and send a message to every driver's scanner like CPC. My message can't be "unseen" unless he pulls out his battery and hand sheets the rest of his day. He can ignore it, but that's when I walk his ass to the guard shack without his shirt.

OrioN

Mis~delivery on the first, but not the other 2...

Being a former contractor made it worse: he should have known better than that.

My neighboring route is run by a lazy millenial. When he has a stop that's 10 miles on a dirt road, he'll use DEX 007 or 012(mis sorted to the wrong route) and will try to pawn it off on me the next day.

Good thing i know how to read those Orion maps... I'll show them to the QA clerk to prove my point & re PiP it back on him.

I already have my share of out of the way dirt roads (remember my flat tire thread? ) that takes me 20~40 min for one stop, then back to my core area...

So which is worse, 012 or 027?

Tip for the OP, those little PAL stickers have his route #: sequence # along with your name and adress... keep an eye on that as well as the G or H in a box. We're still H so far eventhough we share the same doortag

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yup. Seen people fired for less than 10% of that missing the outbound truck.

Maybe, but it's commonplace now, so are they going to fire everyone? friend delays and missed CTVs/Shuttles are de riguer. Even more common is the case of individual couriers who continue to deliver when it's way past time to be on the way to the ramp. When their GPS battery or phone dies, they are lost, and not even remotely aware that their outbound always trumps their inbound in terms of importance.

Fred has to get his money, you know.

Oldfart

Do you expect anyone to believe that the company would continually tolerate thousands of controllable origin WDL?

If you want your exaggeration to be believed, make sure it's believable.
This guy is so full of hatred and HALF truths, I can't believe anyone other than the other miserable people could honestly believe anything he says.