Fedex Quality Service

dmac1

I'm still pondering why that local HD driver is avoiding the OP s home. maybe he's flat salary and not by the stop... Does it take him a couple of min to get to your development from the more dense suburban areas?

I don't know how big an area he covers, but I am about 8 blocks from downtown. Most lots are 50-100 feet wide, the oldest, densest part of the city.

I really think he is trying to get away with alternate day delivery with only doing half his area each day. The clue was the 1:00 pm scan for DNA, and then making the delivery two hours later, after I 'formally' complained. He may have been getting away with alternate days for a long time. I think he was almost back to the terminal, about an hour away, or almost home when he got the call.

I am going to start watching very carefully when it is HD making the delivery. I never had this problem of my package being DNA'd with ground. I know if I had a package on my truck, I generally didn't want to take it back a second day.

I was sometimes 'overloaded' with only 50 stops if enough of them were rural, and if I wasn't going to be done by 7 pm, so I could be home by 8 pm, I would need to decide which area to deliver. But I never skipped a whole town of 80k people, plus smaller surrounding towns.

If he covers the whole county, and has over 50-60 stops scattered around, he needs another driver if he wants an early end to his days.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yea, too much derail from the OPs topic...

That is a messed up HD driver. I haven't used DEX 027? DNA in a long time (a contractor had set me up to fail one day & had to DNA ~ 30 stops because i was at my 14 hour limit)

at least he's being honest instead of DEXing it as a code 007

bacha29

You dweeb, I gave a specific example as to why I get 10.5 to 11 hrs a day. I run my rt, then finish the route for a part timer that plays golf or paintball everyday. Another FT person in my loop does the same for his playing partner. If you can't keep us with the discussion, go back and read the previous posts. I didn't bash any group of people. Just described the 2 PT people in my loop. Learn to read. What a waste of time dealing with someone who can't keep up.
Whoa Sahib, the issue is part timers.. You were clearly implying that the 2 PT's you were referring to are consistent with the life that PT employees in general seek but is in reality the clear exception This is 2016 not 1982 .A post deep recession world with a "gig' economy powered by free lance and part time workers trying to stitch together 2 or more part time jobs in an effort to hang on when they would have been clearly better off giving up and heading for the public assistance office. I saw the experience first hand and on numerous occasions. The morning sort crew would report as told at 5:30 AM but were told not to punch in because the trailer's hadn't arrived yet. So they had to wait until about 7:30 or so when the loads finally arrived but about 8:30, quarter to nine nearly all of them had to punch out and leave because they had another job to go and some another one after that leaving contractors there to finish the preload themselves. Life for those people is completely different from the " I got mine, the rest of you can go to hell" world in which you live. Many of you previous posts contained 3 key words, " I don't know". And believe me pal ,......you don't.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
IMG_1069.PNG
Many of your previous posts contained 3 key words, " I don't know". And believe me pal ,......you don't.

Oldfart

Whoa Sahib, the issue is part timers.. You were clearly implying that the 2 PT's you were referring to are consistent with the life that PT employees in general seek but is in reality the clear exception This is 2016 not 1982 .A post deep recession world with a "gig' economy powered by free lance and part time workers trying to stitch together 2 or more part time jobs in an effort to hang on when they would have been clearly better off giving up and heading for the public assistance office. I saw the experience first hand and on numerous occasions. The morning sort crew would report as told at 5:30 AM but were told not to punch in because the trailer's hadn't arrived yet. So they had to wait until about 7:30 or so when the loads finally arrived but about 8:30, quarter to nine nearly all of them had to punch out and leave because they had another job to go and some another one after that leaving contractors there to finish the preload themselves. Life for those people is completely different from the " I got mine, the rest of you can go to hell" world in which you live. Many of you previous posts contained 3 key words, " I don't know". And believe me pal ,......you don't.
Your reading ability has been seriously compromised. Since you seem to be valedictorian of the short bus crew, I will go sloooow. It is sad the school system in your city gave you a diploma. Someone asked how I get 10.5 to 11 hours every day. I stated that my loop has 2 PT employees that do not like to work past noon. Are you able to keep up so far? I stated that myself and another FT loop employee takes THOSE 2 PT employees P2 and delivers those when we finish. Are you keeping up or do I need to slow down? I stated that THOSE 2 PT like to play golf and paintball most days. I have no idea what a PT employee in any other loop or station does. I do know you are a maroon for continuing to make crazy accusations while not knowing what you are talking about. I do know you are lucky we no longer are required to take a JOB KNOWLEDGE TEST. There is no way you could pass. If you need further instructions, please refer to page 10 of the book "Reading For Morons". I am confident you must have several copies. I borrowed 1 from a homeless man to find out what page to refer you to.

Gee Mr. Hand, Will I learn to read today? GEE Mr Bacha, I don't know. I believe you are a lost cause.

Last edited:

Schweddy

Balls
y'all need to move along.. customer comes on here looking for help and this is what they get. I can't contribute to the fix cuz I'm not in the know. Wish I could help.

everyone has a "lame coworker" story and nobody cares. To whom it may apply: do you confront them like you confront people here?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Your reading ability has been seriously compromised. Since you seem to be valedictorian of the short bus crew, I will go sloooow. It is sad the school system in your city gave you a diploma. Someone asked how I get 10.5 to 11 hours every day. I stated that my loop has 2 PT employees that do not like to work past noon. Are you able to keep up so far? I stated that myself and another FT loop employee takes THOSE 2 PT employees P2 and delivers those when we finish. Are you keeping up or do I need to slow down? I stated that THOSE 2 PT like to play golf and paintball most days. I have no idea what a PT employee in any other loop or station does. I do know you are a maroon for continuing to make crazy accusations while not knowing what you are talking about. I do know you are lucky we no longer are required to take a JOB KNOWLEDGE TEST. There is no way you could pass. If you need further instructions, please refer to page 10 of the book "Reading For Morons". I am confident you must have several copies. I borrowed 1 from a homeless man to find out what page to refer you to.
You must have a real gravy train route or else your "story" is bogus especially when you're telling us that your taking P2 off a couple of part-timers (which it probably should be yours to begin with.) It sure seems that you have lots of free time to write those long winded posts of yours.

bacha29

Gee Mr. Hand, Will I learn to read today? GEE Mr Bacha, I don't know. I believe you are a lost cause.

Four simple words in your post said it all. " I have no idea". Using two isolated examples of what 2 PT's do at your station in order to cast a negative pall over part time workers in general. The over whelming majority are out there busting their ass*'s in an effort to keep from going the Mendoza Line in an economy that's gives no quarter to anyone.Be happy that you were born in an earlier time and are at the end of your working life span rather than the beginning and find yourself caught up in the riptide of a diverse and changing post recession economy is still searching for traction and direction. You wouldn't like it believe me and you wouldn't be doing any better than anyone else in that economy.

vantexan

You must have a real gravy train route or else your "story" is bogus especially when you're telling us that your taking P2 off a couple of part-timers (which it probably should be yours to begin with.) It sure seems that you have lots of free time to write those long winded posts of yours.
Most mgrs I've known would make the PTers do their own freight rather than give a FTer OT.

bacha29

Most mgrs I've known would make the PTers do their own freight rather than give a FTer OT.
Spot on . "oldfart" is clearly an overtime hog and lets face it, he's addicted to the stuff as evidenced by his attempt to discredit and cast shame on those two PT's in an effort to legitimize his own greed. It would be a different story if the additional hours were mandated by his superiors. This clearly was not the case. He tells everybody else to quit but rest assured if he didn't have an unimpeded path to the maximum overtime his hours would allow he would have likely quit as well.

Star B

White Lightening
Took your advice- bitched up the tree. At 4:15, an unmarked small stepvan pulled up and the fedex driver dropped the box off, without knocking. I opened the door, hollered "Thanks" and got a scowl as he was walking back to his van.

Glad it was resolved finally. I'm sure the next time you have a delivery for the next few months, he'll remember you. I'm all for DNAs when they are warranted, but not for "its slightly breezy and I want off"

Oldfart

The perks of living on your route. Finish P1 and head home to watch the last of the Price Is Right. Been on the same route for nearly 20 years and eating at home ever since. Kick back in the recliner and enjoy not having to eat out every day.

Oldfart

Our managers dont care who does the P2, as long as they get delivered. They spend so much time putting out fires and all the reports they do, the amount of volume we get makes the OT not a problem. Just like they always say. Volume disguises a lot of evils.

Oldfart

Spot on . "oldfart" is clearly an overtime hog and lets face it, he's addicted to the stuff as evidenced by his attempt to discredit and cast shame on those two PT's in an effort to legitimize his own greed. It would be a different story if the additional hours were mandated by his superiors. This clearly was not the case. He tells everybody else to quit but rest assured if he didn't have an unimpeded path to the maximum overtime his hours would allow he would have likely quit as well.
You caught me. I threaten those 2 couriers with acts of violence if they don't give me the P2 they don't want to deliver. LOL In fact, when I am off, the swings on my route don't help them and they get fired up because they don't get to play golf or paintball everyday.

dmac1

Update to my original post with reminder-

1st package got DNA on Oct 11, then scanned as delivered the next day but I never got, and driver never responded to customer service, so shipper resent item. That package was DNA by driver at 1 pm yesterday. I called soon after and logged complaint- package was delivered at 4 pm by angry looking driver.

Today I was supposed to get 2 box of the order from same shipper. Tracked this morning, said it was on truck at 7 am. I watched for it all day, finally at about 3pm decided to track it online. Website states that 'Customer was not available or business was closed' at 1:38 pm. Of course there was no door tag, driver just doesn't want to make two trips out here on consecutive days.

So I called again, logged another complaint, and am waiting to see what happens.

bacha29

You caught me. I threaten those 2 couriers with acts of violence if they don't give me the P2 they don't want to deliver. LOL In fact, when I am off, the swings on my route don't help them and they get fired up because they don't get to play golf or paintball everyday.
Once again you are judging everyone else on the basis of your own unusually favorable work experiences. Telling everyone else to quit and that everyone else is "miserable" simply because they are talking about their daily work experiences and compensation which are far less attractive then the ones you have known during your time with the company which was during a completely different era. Yet you cringe every time someone tells it like it is and in the process projects are far less rosy yet much more truthful and realistic depiction of your beloved company . In light of the fact that you are equipped to defend your beloved company with nothing more than name calling, then all I can say is get used to it pal because there's a whole more where that came from headed your way.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Update to my original post with reminder-

. Website states that 'Customer was not available or business was closed' at 1:38 pm. Of course there was no door tag,

a2e2c23b6669a334364c83e892bdc9649deeec1aa530b29ce4b6f73f37539d0d.jpg

now he's lying... at least u now know what DEX 007 is

Driver: "yeah i left a doortag, the wind may have blown it off (into a trashcan) "