Fedex to lose 2 Billion

zeev

UPS is buying planes and hiring pilots. Freddy has decide not to compete in the air business massive buy backs of stock with company cash will gut Express and zombie employees will suffer first and than oblivious shareholders. Many long term employees hold most of their wealth in FedEx stock which will become worthless after Freddy and Raj sell and move on. They will learn it’s a business not the a Purple Promise.

Artee

Could you cut and paste the full article here since its behind a pay wall? FedEx already has 700 more pilots than they need right now. So I guess this would add another 2-300 more? The 777's that were being used for the mail are now going to be flown to Europe for Tri-color. Does the article estimate what the revenue is going to be for Tri-color to be able to compare it to the loss of mail contract? The 2 Billion that FDX will be losing....over how many years? I don't believe USPS were paying 2B a year. As a matter of fact, a few years back, the USPS had to renegotiate with FDX to lower their rates halfway through the contract because they could not keep paying the agreed upon price.

yadig

How did fear of a union cause a massive loss? Did they increase wages and benefits?
Having two couriers deliver packages to the same business for years has came to fruition. They have decided to go the contractor route and pray it works. Keeping the company divided was done to keep a union out. By going the contractor model they now have the cheap labor they love and no threat of a union. It’s a win, win if they can keep the big customers.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Having two couriers deliver packages to the same business for years has came to fruition. They have decided to go the contractor route and pray it works. Keeping the company divided was done to keep a union out. By going the contractor model they now have the cheap labor they love and no threat of a union. It’s a win, win if they can keep the big customers.
So why not go all contractor and earn big?

The article blames the loss on losing the postal contract. Nothing about any union.

Last edited:

Aquaman

The article blames the loss on losing the postal contract. Nothing about any union.
This company is so stupid at the top, they blamed the contract on not being able to profit enough from it. FedEx signed the contract. And it’s Fedexs fault for not being able to adjust its own operation to turn a profit. This company should know by now you can’t rely on volume. It can’t just keep going up. It’s up and down. And this place has no idea how to operate in the down. The loss of this contract is a utter disaster for this company. And it’s such a stupid operation that it thinks it was the smart move. Express is dead. But like I said this company is the dumbest of its size and will likely pay us all for years while it rots from the inside out.

cosis

This company is so stupid at the top, they blamed the contract on not being able to profit enough from it. FedEx signed the contract. And it’s Fedexs fault for not being able to adjust its own operation to turn a profit. This company should know by now you can’t rely on volume. It can’t just keep going up. It’s up and down. And this place has no idea how to operate in the down. The loss of this contract is a utter disaster for this company. And it’s such a stupid operation that it thinks it was the smart move. Express is dead. But like I said this company is the dumbest of its size and will likely pay us all for years while it rots from the inside out.
my thoughts exactly, watch ups turn a profit

Screenshot_20240430-161316.png

yadig

I was just stating my overall opinion of the company for the past 28 years. They are going the contractor model.

Aquaman

my thoughts exactly, watch ups turn a profit
They will. It’s not the contract that’s the problem. It’s the operation. And FedEx is wanting out of the expensive airline model. They want a trucking company, with a very small airline fleet. Watch UPS fly postal at a profit for the next 50 years while this company turns into a 3rd or 4th choice trucking option for customers.